• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Anime Restarts in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immblueversion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Hard to believe it'll be over a year since the last anime episode ended, and that it was over two years since I started. By the time I first heard of the series, Funimation had just announced they'd licensed the anime. I'd already checked out the latest chapter completely on a whim, so I figured it'd be a good time to check the anime out too.

Unlike many other long-running anime, the first couple of episodes completely sucked me in, despite its somewhat subpar animation. So I spent the whole summer catching up with the series. With shows like Naruto and One Piece I gave up about ten episodes in since it'd be virtually impossible to get to speed, but I just plowed through Fairy Tail. Then when Funimation released their dub, I checked that out out of good faith. And holy crap, it exceeded my expectations! Maybe not right away, but it just kept getting better and better the more I saw. Now here I am, having seen all 175 episodes of the first series, waiting eagerly for the manga on a weekly basis, and anticipating Volume 8 of the Funimation dub this February.
rydia251

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Yeah the Fairy Tail dub is really quite good. I watch mostly sub these days, but I am actually holding off on finishing the show so I can watch the dubs as they are released. I mean, Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza? Plus Haberkorn is awesome as Natsu.

All caught up on the manga so it works out, as I can stretch the time between reading the manga and watching the corresponding piece of the anime. Given enough time I forget everything that happened and it's like experiencing it all over again.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
rydia251 wrote:
Yeah the Fairy Tail dub is really quite good. I watch mostly sub these days, but I am actually holding off on finishing the show so I can watch the dubs as they are released. I mean, Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza? Plus Haberkorn is awesome as Natsu.

I'm quite thrilled knowing I'll get to hear Colleen talking to herself in the Erza vs. Erza scenes. She's gonna kill it, I know it. I just hope Funimation will license this one, since they've already gotten the rights to the whole anime so far. Which reminds me, I once heard this series will have a new title, like Naruto Shippuden. Is that true?
god45

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
in all honesty i don,t know why their bring this shit back when the could be bring back anime that you know actually more important like hitman reborn,soul eater, d gray man what has happen to the anime community is nakame punch all that matters now for shame for shame
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 am Reply with quote
One Piece domination continuation. Japan loves OP so much that they even gobble up the blatant knock off that plagiarizes it at every possible step.

I dropped this show because of that and it always looking bad (first 30 or so episodes) but wow, A-1 is behind it now. If they calm down on the nakama nakama nakama rhetoric I might have to check this out.

Dizzee wrote:
Why does it say restart? It will continue where the first season left off right?

You don't understand what "re" before something means...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4