• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recently, my sister is unusual. (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Ep 4.

Well I didn't expect that Yuya would actually spoiler[start to figure out what was going on by himself.] Let's see if he is smart enough to start asking probing questions. Probably not.

I thought things were going to go really dark when Mitsuki spoiler[couldn't get back into her body.] It looked like Hiyori was simply going to go ahead spoiler[and murder her] and even more disturbing is Mitsuki seemed almost resigned enough to go along with it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:42 am Reply with quote
episode 4

Well Hiyori is coming across kind of dark, she did not spoiler[seem concerned at all that she had effectively stolen her body]. But we have had clues of who she really is. I wonder if she should just tell him, can't remember if she is not allowed or something. It could be like a Date Alive sort of situation.

It looks like spoiler[two girls, his female friend too,] might be able spoiler[to see Hiyori].
Papochulo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

You should watch Kokoro Connect. Body swapping is the major theme for the first half of the show, then it switches to other fun stuff. It is basically about an alien messing/experimenting with a group of friends.

Thank you very much. I forgot to watch that one. I shall do so now Smile

You should as it is a phenomenal series, I just managed to buy the extra episodes yesterday.

There's also some OVA's occurring after the end of the season which I only recently found out about since I had originally seen the series on Cruchyroll and they usually don't air the OVA's of most of their series.
dlm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Papochulo wrote:

There's also some OVA's occurring after the end of the season which I only recently found out about since I had originally seen the series on Cruchyroll and they usually don't air the OVA's of most of their series.

The OVAs are critical to the story and provide a sense of closure (and d'aww).

Back on topic, I like the way the story is going with respect to the two female characters figuring out who they are (metaphorically and, in one case, literally). I hope it stays on this track. I watched the third episode first, then went back and saw the first two... yikes.

But then, I'm a big fan of Broken Bird series, the internal and external conflict is fascinating. (And yes, Kokoro Connect definitely counts as one of those)
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
ep.5

spoiler[pool time give step-sister hide her "tights" give seeing her brother & friends having fun give notice she thought her brother going to drown jump in but ow legs & oops expose busted the brother saw the "tights".

next day give brother wonder why she wearing those "tights" yet childhood friend give brother the step-sister swim wear give wonder on her step-sister going on yet while holding & showing in school to everyone?!

step-sister give got fever to point blame ghost girl & tights try to chop the "tights" give ghost girl said don't do it give she had no choice for it til step-sister got fever burn.

brother go check going yet got jump by step-sister but it really ghost girl to point he see her going like who are you? ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:50 pm Reply with quote
The amusing sexual enslavement episode of the week: #5.

Interesting that Mitsuki was able to block Hiyori from possessing her. I just wish they did more with her introspective moment.

I really have to wonder why the girls who can perceive the presence of the ghost never make any remark about it.

What makes them censor some pubic shots but not others?

And I really hope Yuya's last line is an indication that he is aware he is dealing with two different people and will follow up on it. If there is anything that could make me feel a bit better about this anime it would be that Mitsuki moves away from being totally isolated.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

We might actually be getting a turning point. For one it looked like he actually spoiler[saw Hiyori at] the pool, and at the end of the episode seemed to be able to spoiler[tell that it was someone else, imaging maybe showing he visibly see it]. The preview seeming to imply that she spoiler[will try to cover it up by saying a family thing, but there are hints he will figure out the ghost thing].

It rather frustrating what she is being put through and just wanting to be happy. Perhaps she should have chosen different swimwear. And I want Neko to have a bigger part as she seems to only ever observe things happening.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I thought we were about to make some progress here but I should have known better given that it is only Episode 6 in the season.

In some ways the inability to communicate is of course predictable but I actually think Yuu is not doing too badly in coping. Mitsuki is being a bit unfair in thinking he has has a wild imagination since just about everything Yuu thought of is a hell of a lot more plausible (albeit gratuitously titillating) than what is actually going on. It is also a relief that he seems more normally reactive when confronted with the girl's exposure.

It still makes no sense that Hiyorii's ticket to literal Heaven is to spoiler[copulate with Yuu. Even she had to wonder about this 3-minute chastity belt rule.] My prediction is that there is something else she has to do for her salvation.

BTW, has anyone seen the girl that plays Mitsuki in a live-action version of this? Yow. NSFW site.
KLAC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
ep.6

spoiler[the brother is wondering give other girl then see her step-sister still fever going ugh wanting her mom yet give step-sister still NOT ok with ghost girl doing give her defense due to reach heaven gate & no choice given.

next day after having buy cake with yukina give wonder if step-sister own mom gave her "tights" for protection yet also assume girl with wings might be friend or yuri cosplay love partner?!

so arrive back home give step-sister want brother get clean give ghost girl doing yet step-sister arrive in to stop it yet brother lead in assume ghost girl is step-sister yuri cosplay friend yet doing this.

give still yet to see ghost girl & give whole being in same room toss out brother in the cold yet next day well everything still same.

(bouns ha ha have brother do metal gear solid part check step-sister had normal tights give she had til she arrive cue snake snake SNAKE!!! game over). ]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Detectiv Yuu on the case. I liked the Metal Gear Solid bit after the ED.
KLAC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
ep.7

spoiler[step-sister & her friend go check some clubs give ghost girl bit had do work give in tennis & soccer was so good want step-sister is like princess of tennis or 2nd maradora who is still alive by the way.

yet offer for her too much give go check other clubs yet quick kendo visit there give ghost girl try get hit attack on yukina on kendo but smell & etc let step-sister take a hit.

then more club checking so went theater club see the brother doing a act give of neko's play of story of a brother pick between girlfriend or sister give seem very "familair" til led wedding scene yet in a twist here step-sister give til oops crash & expose.

but wait it was all a dream til brother wear only a cooking curtian cue another dream til ghost girl as a muscle guy yet was another dream til text message yea on the "oops". ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
That was a pretty bad nightmare. But was the reality worse?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I can't remember when I was as humoured by spoiler[the dream within a dream thing] as they usually feel like a cop out, but I pleasantly enjoyed this one and was happy that it was in fact not one.

Another thing I liked, the quick inclusion of that meme, the one where the four guys are reacting, which I first found out about through Bakemonogatari. Trying to look for the name and finding it as Reaction Guys / Gaijin 4Koma, I found that someone has already uploaded it onto Know Your Meme.

We had a bit more Neko, which is great, but she still has too small a role.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:55 pm Reply with quote
yeah, the dream sequence was actually pretty funny. Didn't expect that reference to the reaction guys, that pretty cool.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I had the same thing happen to me during my sophomore year in college. My first dream I was back home and I think was sick. I don't recall the details but the first dream ended with a black cat pouncing on me. I wake up and I am in my dorm room. Then all of a sudden my roommate starts choking me and I wake up again and I am still in my dorm room. This repeats a few for times, each of them ending with my roommate choking me... Then I finally wake up in the real world in my dorm and I am all confused if I am still dreaming. I didn't sleep that well that night.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7