• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
If a girl hits a guy first, that guy has every right to retaliate back.

Could you please stop spouting such vile horse-shit? Everyone has a right to defend themselves from injury, but that does not entail the right to retaliate. I'm a 6'6', 260 pound guy. Are you telling me that if a woman - who is likely to be far smaller than I am - hits me, I am justified in hauling off and punching her? Were you dropped on your head as an infant? How does somebody come to hold such repugnant values?

Opps my bad, I didn't mean retaliate. I meant at least defend himself and use force if necessary. Animegomnaic made it sound like guys should never hit girls no matter the circumstances.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
have you tried Mashiroiro Symphony, Leatherhead?

I second this endorsement. That show was such a breath of fresh air Smile

Chiibi wrote:
Let's agree to disagree.

But that's what civil people do! We can't have that!!!

Chiibi wrote:
Or thinks he is. From what the show gives us, it comes off as just shallow physical attraction. Does he even know her that well!?

Same could be said for Chitoge. She only makes Raku's heart go doki doki when she's being more 'feminine' than usual and makes him think she's cute.

Chiibi wrote:
*headdesk* People ALWAYS say that! This shouldn't be treated as a blind date gameshow if the original material wasn't based on a game! I don't get it: good romance stories aren't about "omg who will win!?" It's about "we know these two will get together but HOW does it happen?" It's about the mystery of the journey, not the mystery of "who is it." I'm perfectly FINE with knowing who it is from the opening/book cover. The build of said obvious relationship is what I'M here for!

Except the mystery of who owns the key for the locket is a major component of the plot. It's like having a murder mystery where you already know who the killer is. It's no fun if you don't figure it out for yourself.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

But that's what civil people do! We can't have that!!!

lol

Quote:
Same could be said for Chitoge. She only makes Raku's heart go doki doki when she's being more 'feminine' than usual and makes him think she's cute.

Interestingly though, he only noticed she was cute when they are being civil with each other. Remember they hated each other at first. But after seeing the better sides of her, he is now attracted. This speaks volumes to me over someone he thought was ALWAYS attractive.
Plus, didn't he say "she has her good points"? Also, the two communicate more...and he seems accustomed to her mannerisms?

Quote:
Except the mystery of who owns the key for the locket is a major component of the plot. It's like having a murder mystery where you already know who the killer is. It's no fun if you don't figure it out for yourself.

Even if Chitoge isn't the one with the right key, I think she'll be the canon girl because of the plot. The whole key thing is like the Tokyo U promise in Love Hina. It was never confirmed that spoiler[Naru was the promise girl. But Keitaro marries her anyway.] Because the two decided their current feelings were more important than a promise made so long ago between pre-schoolers. I'm not a huge fan of that series.......but I liked that mindset. It makes so much more sense. I wish shoujo series would follow its example: it's okay to not end up with your first love.

Pushing that aside, perhaps this was addressed before but in the second OP
spoiler[What the heck is up with that spider and the drop of blood? o_O] It's so random...but it really makes me think this symbolizes something really important because staff do not just throw in weird things like that in an OP.lol
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Interestingly though, he only noticed she was cute when they are being civil with each other. Remember they hated each other at first. But after seeing the better sides of her, he is now attracted. This speaks volumes to me over someone he thought was ALWAYS attractive.
Plus, didn't he say "she has her good points"? Also, the two communicate more...and he seems accustomed to her mannerisms?

His opinion of her is certainly increasing, but does that really have to lead to romance? They could just be, ya know, friends. That's a thing that happens, right?

Chiibi wrote:
but it really makes me think this symbolizes something really important because staff do not just throw in weird things like that in an OP.lol

This is SHAFT we're talking about. They throw out random imagery all the time.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
His opinion of her is certainly increasing, but does that really have to lead to romance? They could just be, ya know, friends. That's a thing that happens, right?

Sorry........but I need to be blunt about this:

BORING.

:p

I think he and Kosaki make better friends. They can talk about the weather, homework, and absolutely nothing that involves love-love feels because BOTH are too incapable. Laughing

Quote:
This is SHAFT we're talking about. They throw out random imagery all the time.

But........a spider bite? o_O
There's gotta be something more to it...though I haven't seen many SHAFT shows outside Madoka....
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Not like Chitoge is any more capable. Lashing out violently as a response to embarassment is something one should go to therapy for.

If a friend of yours was dating a guy who hit her over the smallest things, you'd tell her to get out of the relationship, right? Same deal here.

I know I've been sounding harsh lately, but I do like Chitoge well enough (moreso as the manga goes on). Unlike some other awful characters (may Louise burn in hell), she actually shows remorse for some of her actions.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Not like Chitoge is any more capable. Lashing out violently as a response to embarassment is something one should go to therapy for.

She is capable of starting AND holding a conversation with the boy! >_> She flat-out asked him "would it work out if we dated, you think?" That's miles ahead of Kosaki.

Quote:
If a friend of yours was dating a guy who hit her over the smallest things, you'd tell her to get out of the relationship, right? Same deal here.

Yes because guys should not hit girls because girls are in general, more easily hurt. Which I don't think is a sexist thing to say, it is in our genetic make-up, afterall.
But I don't get why you're treating the hitting thing so seriously; it's slapstick. Do you see Raku walking around with black eyes or bleeding nose for the remainder of the episode? The guy himself doesn't seem to treat it seriously; other than call her 'violent girl'. But her beatings don't have a long term effect on him at all. It's a joke.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:12 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

She is capable of starting AND holding a conversation with the boy! >_> She flat-out asked him "would it work out if we dated, you think?" That's miles ahead of Kosaki.

Quote:

Yes because guys should not hit girls because girls are in general, more easily hurt. Which I don't think is a sexist thing to say, it is in our genetic make-up, afterall.
But I don't get why you're treating the hitting thing so seriously; it's slapstick. Do you see Raku walking around with black eyes or bleeding nose for the remainder of the episode? The guy himself doesn't seem to treat it seriously; other than call her 'violent girl'. But her beatings don't have a long term effect on him at all. It's a joke.

Kosaki asked if she could kiss him........Chitoge ain't going to beat that Razz

As for your second post I honestly do not think that is true. I believe this has been one of the things Raku has brought when he inner monologues about her. After all he wouldn't be calling her Gorilla girl if not for her freakish strength right? If Chitoge didn't constantly assault him I think he would probably notice the moments where she significantly becomes more feminine and could actually be able to see her as a love interest. Right now he acknowledges that she is cute and can be nice at times but is constantly annoyed by how she gets angry at him which you COULD associate with her tendency to punch the day lights out of him. So i doubt that he is completely unphased by it.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Kosaki asked if she could kiss him........

Then totally freaked and wished she hadn't said it. >_>

Sure, Chitoge's violence turns Raku off...but it's not like he's acting like an abuse victim or anything.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote
ep.19

spoiler[with chitoge on the "nope" so onodera get juilet while marika get back-up yet raku get answers from chitoge get bit not much to talk on.

onodera get bit worry saw pic again give reason teacher said to protect onodera's "safety" sure yet raku-chitoge issues to point raku worry claude could start ww3 if raku-chitoge ship is sank.

raku ask chitoge her probs that both giving reason it's not working anymore so next day fest time all set til oops onodera's ankle ow due to help a person & marika got cold.

so raku go back for chitoge after realize his oops back in beach & admit there no hate between each other chitoge go juliet is here to the play. ]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
Raku actually looks kinda good in his outfit for the spoiler[Romeo & Juliet play. Poor Onodera though, I know she really wanted to be part of that but accidents happen sometimes so...]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
It is a shame that real relationships are not as cute and cuddly as the ones depicted here (though living in Shaft's animation style would likely drive me to despair eventually). Seems strange how animated relationships can be more engaging, would anyone really care enough to discuss who the best girl was in a real life circumstance?

Please Shaft, end the series with somebody getting with someone, one of the things that irks me with animation in general is that in romantic shows we never get the payoff at the end.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Unless they do an anime original ending, that ain't going to happen.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I know, still a man can hope. Confused

I do not really have a favourite, I would be more interested in seeing the two meganes get together.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I don't care about anything but Chitoge and Raku right now. Those last five minutes were so great, I blogged them in a gif.

The series is pretty popular in Japan. I'm certain we'll get a second season.

Quote:
Raku actually looks kinda good in his outfit

Very.
Whoever designed the clothes for the characters did a beautiful job.

Last edited by Chiibi on Sun May 18, 2014 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 24