• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Was he trying to feed a snake dog food?

Purina Snake Chow.™
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Was he trying to feed a snake dog food?

Purina Snake Chow.™

That reminds me of a picture I saw on reddit a couple of days ago. A pet snake lost the fight and was getting eaten by the rat.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
ep.2

spoiler[after raku & chitoge find out had date to keep feud family at peace say hello to mob family of chitoge yet worry all it going cue family feud warzone so play along pretend they are lovers.

next day for more proof raku & chitoge go on a date give chitoge complain on tea, ate lots of food, & nap on movie watch yet raku manage get her to safety away from thugs people.

cause doing it pick fight would not be worth it so after she went restroom give raku want onodera yet she appear give chitoge appear in uh-oh who going be 3rd wheel on it yet make more act she like raku give he want onodera.

well date done look calm give raku ask onodera if she seen raku locket many years she said "no" give long day raku give chitoge some bun snack yet same time onodera make a lie want raku as well.

(for extra bit raku & chitoge with animals give poke bite on raku & names for the animals). ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Well Shaft is doing some really nice animation and style, seems to be the biggest things so far that sets it apart from the standard romcom harem like fare.

The ED seemed to put a lot of focus on one girl so it doesn't look like it is that even of a chance.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:02 am Reply with quote
Lol Chitoge is badass. She's kinda bitchy at times...but I don't think she goes overboard. She's at least smart enough to put effort into the farce unlike Raku. Raku, you better learn fast.

............and as expected, Onodera is getting on my nerves. Not just her bad hair cut but her personality....erghhh.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
I really don't understand why you dislike the genuinely kind person but tolerate the violent one.

Anyways, Raku is in a pretty crappy position. Chitoge probably wouldn't understand because she doesn't have anyone she'd actually rather be dating. But unfortunately for Raku, people's lives are at stake for this little farce so he needs to keep it up.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I really don't understand why you dislike the genuinely kind person but tolerate the violent one.

I feel the same way though. I hate tsunderes with a passion, but for some reason Kirisaki isn't making me crazy. It's Onodera that's driving me up the wall. Yes, she's genuinely nice and I liked her in most of the first episode, but after this one, where she's asked point blank and lies in response because she's "too shy" to say what she wants to say, she lost me.

If she came across as being cripplingly shy and socially withdrawn, or terrified of even talking to the boy she likes, I might have more sympathy, but she's not like that. It's one thing to be afraid to bring up a touchy subject, but another thing when someone else does it for you and you still bail.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

I feel the same way though. I hate tsunderes with a passion, but for some reason Kirisaki isn't making me crazy. It's Onodera that's driving me up the wall. Yes, she's genuinely nice and I liked her in most of the first episode, but after this one, where she's asked point blank and lies in response because she's "too shy" to say what she wants to say, she lost me.

If she came across as being cripplingly shy and socially withdrawn, or terrified of even talking to the boy she likes, I might have more sympathy, but she's not like that. It's one thing to be afraid to bring up a touchy subject, but another thing when someone else does it for you and you still bail.

Well to be fair she just found out that he is going out with Kirisaki. So I don't blame her for lying. She is too nice to be a homewrecker.
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Well I'll grant her that she probably thought it wasn't a good time to go down that path, because she just saw him dating Chitoge. If I were her I wouldn't think revealing that I was the source of the pendant would go over very well at that time.

Still, Onodera is a bit of an idiot about stuff. It's not like Raku isn't either though.

I wouldn't call Chitoge a tsundere yet. At this point she's just an asshole (though she does have her redeeming moments).
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
She must be feeling awkward because of her awful haircut, otherwise I too cannot see a good reason for her not to tell the truth Wink.
I really like Raku, he doesn't seem to be too shy to comment on people's behavior when needed.
sonicgx11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
So how many episodes will it be,?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I don't dislike her because she's kind. I love kind characters. I love like, almost every shoujo heroine, the cream of the crop of kind, loving characters of media.

I dislike Onodera because she has a limp noodle for a backbone.
I can't stand Nodoka from Negima either for the exact same reason.

Quote:
She must be feeling awkward because of her awful haircut, otherwise I too cannot see a good reason for her not to tell the truth

HAW HAW HAW.

Quote:
It's one thing to be afraid to bring up a touchy subject, but another thing when someone else does it for you and you still bail.

This. I hate when a character doesn't even try to go after what they want unless there's a really good reason for it. How does she expect to end up with Raku if she holes herself up in her room and whines about how pathetic she is?
STOP WHINING AND DO SOMETHING IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I have to agree with the Onedera frustration, since she had the perfect opportunity but didn't take it.

However, since it's pretty clear who the real romantic female lead in this show is, it doesn't bother me that much. I'd rather see more time devoted to Raku and Chitoge's developing chemistry instead, since there were a few really good moments for them in episode 2. They definitely bring just enough charm to the series to make it's so far pretty run-of-the-mill plot work.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I'd rather see more time devoted to Raku and Chitoge's developing chemistry instead, since there were a few really good moments for them in episode 2. They definitely bring just enough charm to the series to make it's so far pretty run-of-the-mill plot work.

Yes. When it's just the two of them sitting quietly side by side, and talking honestly, that works pretty well. :3
I really dig those semi-awkward, 'let's talk to avoid this silence' scenes with not-yet couples. It only ups the sexual tension between them. Anime hyper

Some of the antics during the date were cute too. Like Chitoge was realizing for the first time ".........so this is what being more girly feels like?" lol And she didn't seem to dislike that feeling either.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Onodera is so cute in the latest episode! This spoiler["fake relationship" should be fun. It reminds me a bit of Oreshura in a way...]

On another note, the plot seems to picked up a little again involving the brief flashback and key. I'm pretty sure the anime will be playing more and more of those each and every episode from now on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 24