• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kusachiho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:10 am Reply with quote
It was completely inevitable but I'm happy to have it confirmed all the same Very Happy

Maybe it will cause the Apocalyptic End To All Anime it was apparently meant to make happen over last summer this summer instead? You know, since all anime forever is now retroactively ruined by having a high-profile title for women to enjoy, and all. Whatever, I'll be pouring myself a drink and enjoying it all the more for whatever hater-tears it causes Twisted Evil
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote
I knew months ago when it was airing, unless Gou is magically gonna become relevant and at least jump to Aida, Riko tier i'm gonna pass on this. I got to episode seven but it's not for me. spoiler[Everything was fine until glasses-kun joined, and then the camera had to follow his every move..]spoiler[And i highly enjoyed Gravitation.]

Last edited by StormVanguard on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
hopefully this season will come with more actual swimming.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:50 am Reply with quote
^
How naive. Fujoshis didn't watch Free! for the swimming . . . . . .
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:01 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
How naive. Fujoshis didn't watch Free! for the swimming . . . . . .

is it so wrong to actually really have liked the swimming parts while waiting for X character to figure out that he wants to go do Y character?

guess so, because the internet is always right :/
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:17 am Reply with quote
glitteringloke wrote:
liked the swimming parts while waiting for X character to figure out that he wants to go do Y character?

Same, even if Nagisa was a super troll from episode one the show seemed to have some promise for awhile. I actually thought i was watching it for the swimming and maybe a few moments from Gou here and there. spoiler[I was wrong.]The small ******* cat had more character than Gou, i wanted to follow the little guy around and see where his adventures lead him.

Last edited by StormVanguard on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote
Detrimont wrote:
Oraculo wrote:
BTW @Detrimont this series definitely "deserves" to continue, like many others. What a weak & back-handed comment to make... Confused Whatevs!

I watched and enjoyed some of it, the animation side of things were brilliant in some parts(other parts were lacking, also, the complete change in body types in some scenes was kinda strange), but it's story wasn't that good(characters were so-so)... just being honest.
I'm fine with it getting a second season, but so many series with better storylines haven't gotten 2nd seasons...

Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun haven't even gotten so much as an English license, but I'm not going to take that frustration out on other good series.
-----------------------------------------

Really looking forward to this!
I'm hoping for a more competitive angle this time around.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:49 am Reply with quote
glitteringloke wrote:
hopefully this season will come with more actual swimming.

I don't know how many times I've said this but the director herself stated that THIS WILL NOT BE A SPORTS ANIME LIKE KUROKO. She constantly stressed that this would be concentrating more on slice of life.

StormVanguard wrote:
I knew months ago when it was airing, unless Gou is magically gonna become relevant and at least jump to Aida, Riko tier i'm gonna pass on this. I got to episode seven but it's not for me. spoiler[Everything was fine until glasses-kun joined, and then the camera had to follow his every move..]spoiler[And i highly enjoyed Gravitation.]

You do realize that this anime is aimed at female otaku/ fujoshi right? In those shows, female characters aren't that relevant. It's the same way how a male harem show doesn't have much emphasis on male characters.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:08 am Reply with quote
Summer's going to be fun this year!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raneth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
Woohoo, I'm happy about this!

I assume if its really going to premiere this summer, that production has been in progress for far longer and they're just announcing it formally now?
king 47

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:22 am Reply with quote
I'm starting to give up on them making more Hyouka. Sad
I know there's not much more original material, but come on kyoani.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
Free and Sailor Moon? Summer will surely be a season for shojo.
musouka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
StormVanguard wrote:
I knew months ago when it was airing, unless Gou is magically gonna become relevant and at least jump to Aida, Riko tier i'm gonna pass on this.

I know exactly how you feel. I, too, was very upset when Satoshi didn't end up being relevant in K-On. I'm sure my boycott of the subsequent season and movie really hurt KyoAni's feelings.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
Raneth wrote:
I assume if its really going to premiere this summer, that production has been in progress for far longer and they're just announcing it formally now?

The production of season two probably started around or before season one aired.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
Oh Thank god!
I knew there would be a 2nd Season but you really just don't know until they announce it. So excited! I'm a little nervous though as to what the plot will be like. spoiler[Maybe it'll focus on the strong competition between Rin and Haru's teams? Or maybe they'll add a really good looking villain for more merchandizing reasons? Not that I would care or mind - the more good looking guys the merrier!]
Though the real question for the 2nd Season is can they top Splash Free?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6