• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Madoka Magica fone" Android App

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote
The original news article is almost two months old and has the attached warning on it. There is really no sub forum for this since it is not an anime or a game.

The Homura version of the Madoka Magica fone app is available now.

I installed the Madoka version on my Samsung Galaxy S III. I have had no real problem with the interface. If you are a Madoka Magica fan, you will like having Madoka on your phone.

Couple of issues with the non interface features of the app.

- Soul Gem screen. How can you tell if a witch is near? The lights glowing in the Soul Gem appear to fluctuate all the time.

- Haven't seen a Witches Kiss sigil yet. If you are supposed to be getting all the extra content by fighting witches, it is probably going to take a long time before you will be able to put anything significant in your fone libraries.

- Supposedly, if you tap Homura's or Madoka's right hand, something is supposed to happen. Nothing so far.

Despite my questions above, the app's interface functions well and the Madoka theme is quite nice to look at. Probably won't get the Homura version that is also out now, but will get a couple of the others when they come out.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote
Not sure if this is an anime question, but I'll answer it. I don't have the Madoka version, but I do have the Homura version. Here is my input:

1. In order to fight or even sense witches with your home-screen soul gem, you need to download the two battle apps that the company suggests you download. Otherwise, they will never appear. After you do that, you will still have a hard time finding witches because they only trigger your soul gem for like 5 minutes the very few times they do appear, and so you will likely miss them since no one checks their phone every second of every day. If you are lucky enough to check your phone when a witch is near, you will easily be able to notice if your soul gem is active because it will shine MUCH brighter than usual.

2. Only when you see that your soul gem is activated, you will find a very obvious witch kiss somewhere on your device start screen (the screen that you see after you unlock your phone). It's very easy to find.

3. The only thing that happens when you tap on their hand is that they talk. You won't be able to hear their voices unless you enable sound.

Fighting witches is pretty damn hard though...you'll know what I mean when you do it yourself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1