• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter Meets Goal in Less Than a Day

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
@SouthPacific, on the point of NISA you're right about that. Actually I just realized something I had forgotten. They include both the standard and BD. When considering is cheaper. I guess I was looking at the price and forgot about the perks. Oh and then there's the artbooks as well. The only NISA titles that I bought are Katanagatari and Enma-kun. The only AoA title I own is 'Garden of Sinners', priced at the economy level of $150. I guess I'd one of those that bought solely for quality and a title I solely wanted.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
The Kickstarter has passed the $60000 stretch goal, so the dub is a go.

For the next stretch goal, they're putting up two options - either a feature-length commentary by Jonathan Clements, or a reproduction of the theatrical pamphlet - and having the backers vote on which they'd prefer. The new goal level is set at $75000.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alltheanime/mai-mai-miracle
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
The Kickstarter has passed the $60000 stretch goal, so the dub is a go.

For the next stretch goal, they're putting up two options - either a feature-length commentary by Jonathan Clements, or a reproduction of the theatrical pamphlet - and having the backers vote on which they'd prefer. The new goal level is set at $75000.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alltheanime/mai-mai-miracle

I was going to post that but I know you can't have double posts. I knew it was going to happen. I had the chance to e-mail the person in charge of the project. I mainly asked him about how they were going to go about handling the artbook. This was the response I got from

Quote:
"First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to message us and for all the lovely things you've said about Mai Mai Miracle! Films like Mai Mai Miracle are a great fit for Kickstarter and we're just amazed at the success we've had so far! Hopefully we can keep it going for another 28 days.

To answer your questions, I've numbered them below for clarity (mostly so I don't ramble too much and lose the plot)!

1- Re: online retailers: not at this moment no. We will release the film to the general world later on, but in terms of numbers, extras, packaging etc we have no details yet. A lot of stuff we do with this release will have content and packaging exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign. If we do release it generally, it'll have less of the oomph that makes this release so special.

2- Re: artbook: there was never a proper artbook release with this film. France's KAZE release came with a small, A5 artbook but was fairly basic - sketches, line art, that sort of thing. Also not the best quality of binding if I'm honest - it doesn't take much to break the spine and make the pages fall out. Whereas we are going to put together a large, A4 hardback coffee table artbook - again, this has never been done for this title at all.

In terms of content, we have TONS of beautiful and high quality content that will be unique to this artbook and this campaign. Katabuchi-san himself is interested in being a big part of the artbook project, so he will have ultimate say in its design, layout and content. Needless to say, I can pretty much guarantee it will be very high quality and just plain beautiful.

We will be posting an update either today or tomorrow with details on the artbook and some photos of the kind of book and quality we're going for. So if you keep an eye out for that over the next couple of days, you'll get a practical idea of what the artbook will be like.

Hope this answered your questions and makes a bit of sense - it's been a long couple of days Smile"

As part of my job I'm hoping that he [they] can get together some of the materials for the book as I will possibly be putting in for the $130 tier. However can't do it without an idea of what the dimensions are. But from this info you can get an idea of what's ahead. It would be good that anyone who is interested in getting their own info on the production, just drop them an e-mail if you have a account.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm already in at the $130 level. Although I don't generally watch dubs myself, I'm glad they got to the level to do one as I think that could bring in more backers which can lead to more extras. I'm pretty sure they mentioned somewhere that the artbook would be 200 pages, but I may be wrong. There's probably a limit on how much they can say because I'm sure everything has to be approved by the Japanese before it can be finalized.

I voted for the commentary as the next stretch goal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3