• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Next Power Rangers Show to Adapt Kyōryūger in 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I have mixed feeling about this tbh.

I know the main reason for skipping Gobus is because the Japanese side of things bombed and Bandai doesn't want to take another hit if it doesn't sell in the west. (which it will because the show had a lack of toys from the get-go)

Personally I thought Gobusters was perfect for a power rangers season, they wouldn't have to change much and they only needed to re-shoot scenes with Enter and Escape in them.

oh well I guess... I've been hearing things from rangerboard and /m/ about them mixing stuff from Gobusters in to this, which tbh if they use the first half of Gobusters and the middle and last half of Kyoryuger they could pull it off.
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
spoiler[what are odds certain you know who make 3rd dinosaur showing again?]

Well talk to Bandai and Toei about the themes since they are the ones who come up with the next season of Super Sentai.

This is a surprise to me as well but I guess sales of the Go-Busters toys was so bad that Saban was like HELL NO!
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quote
sakuramusicstar wrote:
KLAC wrote:

Well talk to Bandai and Toei about the themes since they are the ones who come up with the next season of Super Sentai.

This is a surprise to me as well but I guess sales of the Go-Busters toys was so bad that Saban was like HELL NO!

Yeah, that's what all of us thinks. Still, I wonder what WOULD'VE happened if Saban adapted Go-Busters.
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
ReNellGlover wrote:
sakuramusicstar wrote:
KLAC wrote:

Yeah, that's what all of us thinks. Still, I wonder what WOULD'VE happened if Saban adapted Go-Busters.

Don't know. Would of been easy to adapt with a good storyline it could of been better than it's counterpart but guess Bandai didn't want to risk them and Saban losing out on toy sales.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:03 am Reply with quote
I'm honestly surprised by this, I'm just dreading how bad they're going to fudge it up, it's a shame that they aren't going to do go-busters since well in my opinion it was pretty good, and hell the toy for the morphin brace saves them the trouble of actually shouting "It's Morphin Time!"
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
Stupid thing about the toys being the issue is that Bandai of America (whatever they're called now) has been making their own, cheaper, simpler toys instead of using the Japanese toys for years now. BoA typically cranks out way more PR figures than their Japanese counterpart does. If part of the problem was a lack of toys in Japan it wouldn't have an effect on America. We would even get new Zords that didn't appear in the show and even new Rangers isn't out of the question.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
You know, I just realized...

So, which of the Kyoryuger is being changed to a girl? Starting with 3 and only having 1 girl is fine when you only end with 5 or 6 total (Dino Thunder, Ninja Storm), but PR has never had a series that starts with 5 with only one girl, and both those other 2 were Disney, not Saban.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised Go Busters seems to have a really weird design with each ranger having their own mechanical companion. Also the new rangers being Kamen Rider type instead of sentai rangers I think it was to much for Saban to bring to the west. The zords looked cool though but I definitely see why they are skipping this series of sentai rangers.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
So, which of the Kyoryuger is being changed to a girl? Starting with 3 and only having 1 girl is fine when you only end with 5 or 6 total (Dino Thunder, Ninja Storm), but PR has never had a series that starts with 5 with only one girl, and both those other 2 were Disney, not Saban.

If they had a budget they'd either have the Female Cyan suit replace Blue or have Violet be a starting member. But since they don't have a budget given how little they paid the returning actors for 'Super Megaforce' (or they're just cheap) they might just turn Souji into the 'tough girl' this time around. Ian's hotshot hero ladykiller mannerisms are too suave and showy, so unless they decided to turn his PR counterpart into a horny lesbian who hits on women, which would be awesome, he's out. Nossan would work, but all the goofy stuff he does would counteract the 'tough girl' persona. Souji is the youngest member of the team, which means his suit actor is smaller and slimmer, so he'd be the most convincing as a girl I suppose. Make her captain of the fencing club at school or whatever.

sakuramusicstar wrote:
KLAC wrote:

I think he was referring to Tommy/Jason David Frank who they made AbareBlack Razz

If they brought him back again, they'd probably make him Silver or Gold. I would say they'd make him Violet and have him be the scientist who creates their gear for them like Dr. Ulshade, but I don't think he'd pull off violet.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Confirmed by Bandai at Toy Fair 2014.

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/435078283630084096

Quote:
GoBusters not profitable for Bandai in Japan, thus skipped for Kyoryuger in America. - Bandai
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Just because it failed in Japan in profits doesn't mean that'll fail in U.S. also. Heck, the U.S. kids could actually like GoBusters a lot better than the Japanese kids. Ugh, I hate these moments of lost potential and opportunity.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Blame the Japanese consumers for screwing everyone else. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2