• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation February 2014 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
wow, busy month
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Damn, February looks like its gonna be hard on my wallet. At least its after Christmas lol
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Why is Kamisama Kiss $10 cheaper than usual? And it seems Jormungand doesn't get an artbox, which is disappointing.

I can now upgrade my season one for Strike Witches since I can probably grab it for ~$10 sometime down the road. Surprised it's a SAVE and not a Classic, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

I can now upgrade my season one for Strike Witches since I can probably grab it for ~$10 sometime down the road. Surprised it's a SAVE and not a Classic, though.

That's not what's surprising to me; It's a combo SAVE release that's still 5 dollars cheaper than previous DVD SAVE titles and 10 dollars cheaper than BDs. I thought it was more of a success for them but this does explain why they never licensed the movie.

And it may be a busy month, there's nothing here that's interesting to me. Kamisama Kiss was good but ... hmm, Adachi, I like his stuff so maybe..., Robotics;Notes was ultimately more interested in its plot than I was, I was never sure what to make off Jormungand and Evangelion?

The more they try to add to the franchise, the less I like it. Imagine Star Wars if George Lucas keep trying to remake the last bit of Jedi and then when that failed, remade the whole trilogy but at the same time claiming the intentional changes are also in continuity with the original.

Makes me want to make like a penguin and applaud...
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Only thing I'm interested in is Evangelion. I am surprised that Jormungand didn't get a LE. I mean I don't think its that good and doesn't measure up for me to Black Lagoon, but Funi did give LE to shows like Guilty Crown and Future Diary so it just makes me totally puzzled. I would think it would have enough of an audience to warrant it. Maybe the stream numbers were lower than expected?

Appleseed XIII was ok-ish, but kind of ugly looking and I didn't care how they made Deunan weaker and more childish in this version. Everything else doesn't really do anything for me.
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:43 am Reply with quote
There wasn't much fanfare about Eva 3.33 finally getting a release date. I found that a little bit surprising. Anyway, that will be a definite preorder. With that price point, I'll probably also pick up the Strike Witches season 1 BD/DVD set as an upgrade to my DVD-only set. Maybe with the SAVE edition on the way, the existing BD/DVD set will find its way into Rightstuf's 12 days of Christmas super deals. Is that too much to hope?
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 am Reply with quote
Jormungand and Kamisama Kiss are must haves for me. Might get end up getting Robotics;Notes as well.

The King of Harts wrote:
And it seems Jormungand doesn't get an artbox, which is disappointing.

That's really weird, because I thought that it was getting one. I wonder why they decided against it.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
I will just mention this with this latest FUNimation solicitation thread. And I'm sure some/many knows about this already...

via Amazon.com (no release date)
- Attack on Titan, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - $69.98 | UPC: 704400072604
- Attack on Titan, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - $64.98 | UPC: 704400072611

This though was just noted via RACS
Quote:
We caught wind of something exciting this week. Funimation is planning to release the first half of Attack on Titan early next year in a DVD/BD combo box, and we got enough information about the release to go ahead and post it for pre-order. We don't have a release date for it yet, but we'll post it as soon as we know something solid.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
I'll hold off on Robotics;Notes until its second half comes out.

As for Kamisama Kiss, count me in on snagging it since I liked Daichi's work on Kodocha, Now and Then Here and There and Fruits Basket.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wormraper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote
damn, I've been meaning to get strike witches 2 for a while. I picked up the season one blu-ray/dvd combo set at a pawn shop for $4 about a year ago...but the DVD/Blu combo set for season 2 will make a nice addition being that it's $14.99 right now Very Happy
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Lots out, but nothing I really want. I do like Kamisama Kiss, but I already collect the manga of that, which had a huge head start, even here in America, so I really see no need.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Evangellion 3.3: You Can [NOT] Redo
Jormungand Complete Collection
Jormungand 2: Perfect Order Complete Collection

...for sure.

Maybe Robotics; Notes at a later date.

Last edited by Kruszer on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
So, this just popped up on TRSI.

Kamisama Kiss DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Goddess Edition Box Set - $129.98 - 2/11/14

That's interesting, to say the least. It's the single most expensive thing Funimation has released in a long time, so I wonder what makes it "Goddess-y".

EDIT: I found out what makes it goddess-y!

Jesus Christ! Who says Funimation only cares about boob shows? I don't know what "Video Commentaries" are, but they sound really interesting. I wonder if it's just a camera in the booth while they do a normal commentary. If it is, more in the booth stuff is appreciated!

EDIT2:
Quote:
This Goddess Edition premium box set is limited to only 2,500 copies, and includes Nanami's ornamental hair stick, a folding fan, a tote bag, a Tomoe Omamori lucky amulet, and seven postcards, all housed in an exclusive collector's artbox!

I wonder why 2500 is the magic number? It seems like A LOT for an LE release, but maybe I'm just undercutting the size of the US market. Makes me wonder if this going to be their new approach to LE releases. I want to say I'd love it if they did it all the time, but Funimation is currently my number one source for anime, so I couldn't get too many, unfortunately. If they did it for a few select shows every year, I could manage that.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
^^Whoa. Now THAT is a limited edition release. And its still cheaper than an Aniplex release. That explains why the version we saw earlier is so cheap

Might actually pick that up. Between this and Viz's release of K, I hope to see more awesome releases in the future.

Who knows, maybe the reason Jormungand doesnt have an artbox yet is cause they're planning to do a release similar to thing

Last edited by publicenemy333 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3