• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monolith Soft & Xenoblade Staffers Show 1st Gameplay from New Wii U Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
This looks interesting, i do miss the one-person driven story type then MMO. Least if network goes away, you can least keep playing.

Xenoblade has nice blend of Mecha and person attacks going on. I just wish they'd be able free it from just being on Nintendo Wii U network.

Them's the breaks I guess.
EternalAbyss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:53 am Reply with quote
I was seriously pondering over whether to buy a PS4 or Wii U. This video made me reconsider my next console purchase. Plus I need to transfer some of my virtual console games anyway because my I bought my Wii launch day and it won't play Wii or Gamecube games anymore. Very Happy
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote
This will be the game that makes me finally buy the system.
Eternalabyss wrote:
I was seriously pondering over whether to buy a PS4 or Wii U. This video made me reconsider my next console purchase. Plus I need to transfer some of my virtual console games anyway because my I bought my Wii launch day and it won't play Wii or Gamecube games anymore. Very Happy
The WiiU does NOT play Gamecube games. I need to buy a Gamecube again anyway since I still have the GBA player for my old one that broke.
Anti_Nadalista

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
the best choice for this console generation IMO is this combo WiiU+PC. The other consoles will have a clonic catalogue just like PS3 and xbox360.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
The best choice for this console generation involves something that isn't a console? I wonder if the WiiU fans who spout "get the PC" actually do game on the PC or is this just an a front to avoid the argument that the other consoles will actually get plenty of other games not on the WiiU? I don't know, but the entire point of consoles is the ease of use and being on average cheaper. So it seems funny to talk about consoles and then praise something that isn't a console.

Since I hate Nintendo, the WiiU only has 3 games that I want with two of them not even out yet and one of them(X) not even close to coming out. So there's really no point to the system especially when the Xbone and PS4 will probably have a bright future of games I actually want to play.

You say clonic, but the 360 had a great number of exclusives on the system in the begining at least. In the end and especially late in it's life the PS3 has also gotten many great exclusives. I see no reason why this wont happen again so if you want to miss out on exclusives or games that just plain don't come to the PC like maybe FF, Persona, Tales, or MGS then be my guess and ignore the PS4/Xbone.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Someone in Gamefaqs pointed out there's a possibility you can lose your limbs of your mecha during battle as shown here:

http://abload.de/img/mechdodgerejb4.gif

That could put a fickle during battles!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
This reminds us of Titanfall which we're playing in beta right now.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2