• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Director's Chair Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugen_infinity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
umm.. about the regions allowed to participate..by continental america, the carribean is included right.. please say yes.. gosh i was so hyped about this thing Anime hyper
Kimyo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:09 am Reply with quote
So the deadline's October 9...

D'ya think you'll be announcing the winners on the 10th? That's my B-day and it would be cool to get good news on that day!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Kimyo wrote:
So the deadline's October 9...

D'ya think you'll be announcing the winners on the 10th? That's my B-day and it would be cool to get good news on that day!

No, probably not, due to the number of entries.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I know this sounds stupid.... But how do you send it in?

And if we are putting our names on it do we put our real names or user names?

Also Are we allowed to trace something from the computer and color it and send it in?

When you color it do you have to color by hand or can you use the computer? if so can you use the computer for backrounds?

Some one please answer soon!!!
Prax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
I know this sounds stupid.... But how do you send it in?

And if we are putting our names on it do we put our real names or user names?

Also Are we allowed to trace something from the computer and color it and send it in?

When you color it do you have to color by hand or can you use the computer? if so can you use the computer for backrounds?

Some one please answer soon!!!

Okay, I am not "official Zac guy", but since you wanted a relatively quick response, here are my guesses:

- You send in the file (save it from whatever art program you're using, scan it in, take a digital pic, etc..) to [email protected]

- Although I recommend putting your real name or pen-name (user name, pseudonym, nickname, etc.. lol) on the actual art somewhere, I think all you have to do is say who you are in your email so if you win and they list your picture, they can give you credit somehow. Just a "My name is ________, and this is my entry *send attachment*." should be good enough. I'm sure they'll contact you again if you won and they need mroe info.

- I don't recommend tracing something (I mean.. that's kinda cheating, ain't it? :D), but it's not against the rules. All you have to do is make sure that you drew the artwork yourself. You can use the text and Naruto logo from other sources though. Read the contest page again for more info. It says:
"Remember: programs like Photoshop can only be used for poster text, coloring, and touch-up; photoshopping together already-existing artwork or photographs or elements from other movie posters is forbidden. Basically, you need to draw everything except the text on the poster yourself."

- Again, you can colour it any way you want (hand, paint, computer.. etc), as long as it's you who did it. You can use the computer for backgrounds as long as the background is made by you or is a photo taken by you (i.e. no stealing stuff from others and copy-pasting it for your background).

Again, this is my best guess to the answers to your questions.
Good luck!
Wolfio1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:38 am Reply with quote
I'm going to assume that it's one entry per person, right?

Does a photoshopped entry have any edge over a hand-drawn one? I'm much more skilled with pastel and paint then digital mediums.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Wolfio1 wrote:
I'm going to assume that it's one entry per person, right?

Does a photoshopped entry have any edge over a hand-drawn one? I'm much more skilled with pastel and paint then digital mediums.

No, they're all considered equal.

Also, ANY entry has a good chance of winning at this point. I'm not sure if people don't understand the contest or don't have time or don't know how to make a simple movie poster or don't have faith in their skills or what, but we're not getting a whole lot of entries for this contest. So ENTER THE CONTEST, people! What do you have to lose?
Wolfio1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:43 pm Reply with quote
And four spots to win is a pretty good chance...while winning it all would be nice, I'd just be happy with knowing I got 4th (well, 'third' place) and just that.

I should really enter. I'm going to try to work hard tonight. Good luck to everyone else.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Zac"]

Also, ANY entry has a good chance of winning at this point. I'm not sure if people don't understand the contest or don't have time or don't know how to make a simple movie poster or don't have faith in their skills or what, but we're not getting a whole lot of entries for this contest. So ENTER THE CONTEST, people! What do you have to lose?[/quote]

If like no one is sending in entrees then I have a good chance of actually winning something!!!
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Also, ANY entry has a good chance of winning at this point. I'm not sure if people don't understand the contest or don't have time or don't know how to make a simple movie poster or don't have faith in their skills or what, but we're not getting a whole lot of entries for this contest. So ENTER THE CONTEST, people! What do you have to lose?

If like no one is sending in entrees then I have a good chance of actually winning something!!!
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, Zac, it just so happens to be Yom Kippur, meaning that I have today off from school. Thus, I have free time, so I guess you'll probably be seeing a submission from me coming in. Hopefully I'll still have enough time to study for my APs after I make one today. Laughing
omarroms

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
it just so happens to be Yom Kippur, meaning that I have today off from school. Thus, I have free time, so I guess you'll probably be seeing a submission from me coming in.
Crying or Very sad thats not fair i had to go to school, oh well, i hope i can finish this before the contest is over, i bairly have any time to work on it, damn school and their homework. I need my free time to do things i'm interested in. I really hope i can finish it in time.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
omarroms wrote:
Crying or Very sad thats not fair i had to go to school, oh well, i hope i can finish this before the contest is over, i bairly have any time to work on it, damn school and their homework. I need my free time to do things i'm interested in. I really hope i can finish it in time.

Oh, well, I'm at no advantage. I make up for that time with the amount of time I spend on Cross Country, Lacrosse, and AP Bio, along with my other shitty Freshmen courses. I wish I was in 8th Grade again! I had so much time on my hands that I could actually come home and start studying my Japanese. Now I barely have time to watch an episode of anime a night! Ha, I'm not going to do any of my homework tonight. I'll just draw. See this, Zac! I'm doing this for YOU!!!!! Laughing
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:15 pm Reply with quote
OMG some one answer quick

Will colored pictures have an advantage over non colored ones? Because I can't color. And can you have people color it for you? like your friends? And the title.... if you do the words on the computer... i want to have sasukes curse behind the words, can i do that on the computer too? I need help please!!!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
OMG some one answer quick

Will colored pictures have an advantage over non colored ones? Because I can't color. And can you have people color it for you? like your friends? And the title.... if you do the words on the computer... i want to have sasukes curse behind the words, can i do that on the computer too? I need help please!!!

If your friends color it fine, but you need to credit them when you submit it. And yes, you can do that on the computer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7