• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Stars Victory Vs. Game's Last 13-Minute Full Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote
I can't stand that this is going to be Japan only probably. I mean they managed to pull off TvC with the exclusion of one char, so I hope it's possible that this could find it's way here as well...but...Urgh~

There's been a lot of effort put into this game, at least more than you usually see in license cash-in projects where 5 or 6 archetype models are made and a cast is built by mixing and matching generic animations/hitboxes/combos. Each character has their own personality built into the game, that's amazing to me that they actually gave a shit! I'm sure it'll be unbalanced as all hell but I've seen dudes competitively play worse games for money.
Flagiguy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Tomibiki wrote:
I can't stand that this is going to be Japan only probably. I mean they managed to pull off TvC with the exclusion of one char, so I hope it's possible that this could find it's way here as well...but...Urgh~

There's been a lot of effort put into this game, at least more than you usually see in license cash-in projects where 5 or 6 archetype models are made and a cast is built by mixing and matching generic animations/hitboxes/combos. Each character has their own personality built into the game, that's amazing to me that they actually gave a shit! I'm sure it'll be unbalanced as all hell but I've seen dudes competitively play worse games for money.

I don't think you should be so pessimistic about it at this moment. Somehow we got the JoJo game and that is more obscure than a full WSJ game with popular game titles in the west. I do get where you are coming from though cause I want this game sooooooo bad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1