• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hamatora Project "To Be Continued"

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote
With that HUGE cliffhanger, I would be quite shocking if it didn't continue. I'll assume this will be a second season.

Poor spoiler[Nice] ;.;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
I stopped watching when it started going around in circles, so I guess they really were out of ideas by then. Rolling Eyes
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the series, so I'm hoping for more! I think this is one of Wataru Hatano's best-acted roles in a while. Since Fenrich and Yoh.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
Wait, I thought the show was 13 eps & was saving ep 12 for next week so I could watch the last two together.

Uggh, does it really end on a cliffhanger? Sequel or not, that kinda sucks.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:47 am Reply with quote
If they are still continuing the series why hasn't it been officially greenlit?
Masura

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:51 am Reply with quote
I am not surprised, heck I am more surprised at the fact that they were able to do a 12 episode anime series from a manga that start at the end of last November, hopefully, the next time we see them, we will have enough plot to drive the stories a little bit faster, while I didn't mind the almost episode of the day mysteries, it did seem that the over arching plot didn't really move all that quickly. Razz
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
Masura wrote:
I am not surprised, heck I am more surprised at the fact that they were able to do a 12 episode anime series from a manga that start at the end of last November

Hamatora is an anime original the manga was an adaptation
shi666san

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:20 am Reply with quote
Even though it was NAZ's first actual project, and had some quality issues, I actually really enjoyed the series. It was pretty fun and was somewhat refreshing in the fact that it didn't follow some usual clichés.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
mistress_kisara wrote:
Masura wrote:
I am not surprised, heck I am more surprised at the fact that they were able to do a 12 episode anime series from a manga that start at the end of last November

I thought it was adapted from a manga, too...the fact that it's not actually makes the anime seem worse in retrospect.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
mistress_kisara wrote:
Masura wrote:

I thought it was adapted from a manga, too...the fact that it's not actually makes the anime seem worse in retrospect.
'

If you read the original announcement article...
Hamatora started as an original project with character designs by Kodama. It was planned to have a video game, anime, manga, and more. It's not just anime- it's a multi-media project.
Masura

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:35 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
mistress_kisara wrote:
Masura wrote:

'

If you read the original announcement article...
Hamatora started as an original project with character designs by Kodama. It was planned to have a video game, anime, manga, and more. It's not just anime- it's a multi-media project.

Whoops sorry my mistake. I just saw on the ANN database that it was related to the manga, which started back in November. So my brain just assumed what usually happens, and that the manga garnered an anime adaptation. In a way that is really cool, making it a multi-media project is definitely a good way to keep the fans engaged in the story..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1