• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 3]: Stardust Crusaders (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 23:

Good episode overall. The first part dragged somewhat with the spoiler[fillerish scenes but quickly escalated when The Priestess stand attack. I gotta say though....that is one ugly Stand.]

OH MY GOD is the right reaction since their sub crashed deep into the ocean. spoiler[Will they get out?!] I want to see what happen next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I knew that was a bad investment. Smile Poor Jotaro is going to be left with only walking before this is over. I wonder why so much time was spent with spoiler[Suzie]?
gedata

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I knew that was a bad investment. Smile Poor Jotaro is going to be left with only walking before this is over. I wonder why so much time was spent with spoiler[Suzie]?

They needed filler to stretch "The High Priestess" chapters into 2 episodes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree that the Suzie stuff was dragged out. I did appreciate, however, getting a status update on Holly. I'd been curious about how things were going for her.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 24/Finale:

Great finale imo with the fighting, humor (HOLY SHIT), and the montage at the end. I notice they added some special sound effects to the OP song too.

Anyways, it's been a fun ride. There were some filler parts that feels dragged but I was fine with it. The creativity behind the Stands and characters really made this season stand out in more ways than one. I'm rating the first half of SC with very good. Hope the second half will be even better!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
Diving lesson was nicely done.
Polnareff just can't catch a break.
It's like he's a magnet for trouble.
Poor guy got violated in so many ways..
That was one diving experience none of them are going to forget.
spoiler[They fell right into a trap.. and flattery wasn't getting them anywhere.
Rose got her teeth busted by Jotaro. Why did that not surprise me?
Finally in Egypt...]

Guess the fight will continue in the next season.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
You know, that diving lesson was nicely done! You'd think it would have been a boring stall in the action, but they really made it work. Very Happy

What did they do with spoiler[Rose]? She seemed to be alive when they surfaced, and spoiler[broken teeth] doesn't seem like a fatal injury, but once they established she was ugly from it, she literally vanished from the landscape.

Did Jotaro actually smile a little there? Shocked
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Egypt Arc Episode 1:

Great start so far for both the spoiler[OP and ED theme songs. I just like the way Iggy is introduced so far with his "attack". And to add on to that, I think his Stand is pretty badass.]

This also spoiler[set up the upcoming episodes well too with the revealing about Dio and his movements with 9 other people. If adapted right, this is going to be one hell of a ride for the season.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3:

Wow, that was just spoiler[fabulous and funny from start to finish. Even the ED song was fitting. Oh how I just love the creativity of the characters and Stands from this show and the latest episode was no short of that.]

Great way to present the spoiler[power of "predictions", oranges, and lol...that insanely addictive ED song.]
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Freaking loved this episode, I never expected Jojo to make me laugh (intentionally) for such a long time, but these two brothers really did it for me. One of my favorites of this 3rd part so far, and the same with their ending (now the apocaliptic tone of the previous ones was totally gone, and I'm happy given the result). I needed something like this to rise up my expectations of the show.
BlueBitterCoffee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:34 am Reply with quote
Anyone know/hear anything new about part 3's english dub?

Im still wondering who dubbed those 3 episodes of jojo, (crunchyroll? viz? a studio in japan?) and are they still planning to release the dub in the west?, I know there is a chance the dub wont come out here, because those episodes were like a test. But I really hope the dub is released its one of the most fitting dubs i've heard in a long time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
The latest episode was great. spoiler[Anubis has a sinister personality and I have no doubts that he will go for the kill. A much different shift in mood compared to last week.]

Great execution with the action and OST as well. spoiler[That cliffhanger though....can't wait for more Jojo next week!]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
I really have to wonder what it's going to take to get Polnareff to get the "don't go off alone" message. If I were in Avdol's shoes I think I'd forget the Stands and kill him myself.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
BlueBitterCoffee wrote:
Anyone know/hear anything new about part 3's english dub?

Im still wondering who dubbed those 3 episodes of jojo, (crunchyroll? viz? a studio in japan?) and are they still planning to release the dub in the west?, I know there is a chance the dub wont come out here, because those episodes were like a test. But I really hope the dub is released its one of the most fitting dubs i've heard in a long time.

I was just wondering the same thing myself. Viz seems the most likely candidate for having done the dubs since they licensed the manga in R1. I honestly don't know why there hasn't been a licensing announcement yet. This franchise is such a natural for a home release.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Lost some of my posts in this thread because of the server issues but the latest episode was great!

spoiler[I really liked Mariah's portrayal in the story in both regards to her magnetic abilities and mischievous way of fighting against Joseph and the others.]

How can anyone ignore those spoiler[melons with the magnets? Laughing Too bad her own powers turned against her thanks to Joseph and Advol's strategy.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10