• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The File of Young Kindaichi Returns (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Welp, it looks like we got another murder and people are pointing their fingers are Takato. I find it silly at how they try to keep him contained with handcuffs considering he is a magician. Otherwise, this case is getting deeper with more mystery.

It also feels a bit gimmicky and stylistic with symbolism considering there's the flowers (roses) involved too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
Need to rewatch this episode to see which of the comments was suspicious. They've basically provided all of the hints using visual clues during the conversation between Kindaichi and Takato.

There's some kind of gimmick which warps the alibis of all concerned regarding the third murder. Kindaichi probably figures out next week but viewers not familiar with the source will need to think a bit before arriving at the same conclusion.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
#10:

Identity of Rozenkreuz revealed, but the murders themselves are only explained next week. I'm not convinced thus far with Kindaichi's theory regarding the murderer's identity but if he can conclusively prove that the murders could only have been done by the accused then he's pulled it off.

Going by next week's trailer, he'll need to work extra hard to ensure Rozenkreuz doesn't get murdered by Takato in turn.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote

So the trick behind how the murders was committed is revealed. It make sense, but I'm not sure I'd agree since on the very first day the guests could have wandered around the mansion if they so chose before the dinner featuring the first victim was shown.

It's not clear how Takato found out about the bombs either, but his charade with the sleeves worked only because the murderer kept the crucial piece of evidence the whole time.

I'm not sure how the murderer got the guest list for the party on that fateful night, but it certainly took time and plenty of resources to pull off. Although it's left unexplained, the motive itself is a compelling one.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:24 am Reply with quote

One episode arc about a murder early in the morning but complicated by the prime suspect's ironclad alibi. The solution when worked out is surprising, but surely the stalker's cooperation would have been needed since without his help the gimmick used wouldn't have been able to work since it could have been interfered with before the time of the incident?

Other than that point, the episode itself seems like a filler to introduce the one-hour special for next week (which incidentally concludes this airing).
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Kobyashi seems like a newbie, kinda fitting for a lower rank detective I guess.

I find the episode interesting as it also introduced Akechi, a more capable detective. Yup, I think this episode felt refreshing as well because it didn't just focus on an ordinary case about Kindaichi or his adventures. Idk how I feel about the case itself, seemed kinda of like it was dragging until the second half. Akechi a pretty cool dude even for a detective. I hope he makes more cameos in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Special 1 hour episode:

In some ways, this is much simpler than the main series since Akechi works everything out from sheer logic and a bit of legwork. Regardless, the signature villain and the motives behind the crime featured this week are not too different from the main series even though this one technically had the twist in the tale.

I thought the special aired because they intended to finish this adaptation in one quarter, but I'm definitely wrong and am glad for that since working out the cases alone without help shows how bad I am at this kind of mental work. It should be an entertaining 3 months ahead with more interesting cases to come.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote

After a short intermission the second half is back with new OP, ED and a new case. Like all the other story arcs, not much to go on other than the backgrounds of the cast and what is essentially a closed-room mystery since everyone is isolated on the mountain with a vengeful serial killer on the loose.

Some unpleasant characters in the midst who I personally wouldn't mind getting killed later in the arc, but the only tidbit which seems interesting is the pro-skier's retelling of the "urban legend" and the Toudai student's attempt to scare everyone right at the end of the episode.

Odds are someone really has it in for the CEO and his company (as motives go it looks like some kind of wrong which only murder can solve).
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:53 am Reply with quote

One little trick is unmasked while the motive of the murderer is now clear. This also means the suspects tied to the ski resort are more or less in the clear since they're more likely to be victims rather than the perpetrators.

It seems odd that Sabaki had the details on his phone before the story involving the demon was circulated amongst the people in the lodge. If he downloaded it before the resort was cut off it makes sense, otherwise that's something else that may be left unanswered when the arc finishes.

Another Deus Ex Machina moment when Kindaichi goes through the PC and conveniently finds the case that he really needs so quickly. Still, the fun lies in trying to figure out who didn't have the alibi to pull off the multiple murders.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:20 am Reply with quote
This Snow Demoncase has been one of my favorite so far.

I'm starting to suspect that either the culprit may be getting help or knows external knowledge about one of the victims. Either way, the clever trick using the temperature was interesting. Nothing complicated but almost threw some of the guests off except Kindaichi. I hope they solve the case soon as the culprit really is a mastermind behind the disappearances. Kindaichi definitely seems to have a plan or at least strong idea about who it behind this.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
I'm almost certain the killer is the pro-skier invited to the lodge as a guest, when Kindaichi was explaining the trick behind the cleaver and the coffin all of the girls were present and unmasked so the criminal was a guy. It's inconceivable the CEO would be responsible as he would be staking too much into a revenge scheme without the personality to pull it off.

The only other suspect is the CEO's assistant. Factors in favour of that would be the ability to get the suspects required to the lodge by rigging the lottery draw. His knowledge of the hut containing the coffins was also unique amongst the personnel present, however I don't know how much time elapsed between Miyuki's attempted murder and help coming from the lodge so there might have been enough time to change out of the costume.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:43 am Reply with quote

Boy did I get that wrong. Still, a very elaborate set-up for what is essentially murder for revenge. A shame they didn't explain how the murderer stumbled upon the trick with the coffins nor did they show the full timeline behind the libeller's murder.

Then again, the profile for the murderer and the typical motives behind the cases fits all of the case files that have been done to date. Despair is a powerful motivator for most of the cases featured.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote

One of the 1-off skits this show sometimes pulls between major arcs. Although it's blatantly obvious the doctor is guilty of something, it's still sharp work from Kindaichi getting the confession out of her and suspecting foul play purely from observational clues.

Next week is either another 1-off skit independent of the source material, or a more involved arc featuring the master thief who doesn't appear much in the new animated series. Either way, no bonus for the fans of the source since it's going to be a new mystery.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:04 am Reply with quote
The latest case was pretty obvious imo with the "husband" and his death. The woman displayed many hints and signs that she was in on his death and also at how she makes up lies on the spot.

Hmm, I think the next episode is an anime original.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote

Another one-off skit, this time featuring a cameo from the master thief who Kindaichi always fails to catch.

Quite an elaborate set-up for this week's murder, but the motive is simple enough and as soon as Kindaichi mentioned what areas the ventilation shafts connected it was clear who was the killer. In the end, the murderer got his wish in a fashion with the thief pulling off yet another stunt.

Next week looks like a return to one of the longer arcs, probably the last of this series since the only part of the OP which I don't recognise is the fox mask.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3