• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The File of Young Kindaichi Returns (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote
I think the latest case beginning this week with the fox mask and festival is interesting so far. I mean, there's quite a bit of characters from Kindaichi's past. Just has that nostalgic feeling to it.

Somehow, I feel like there's something not adding up with the death of one of their friends. Either way, I am pretty interested to see the rest of the case. (hoping for something twisty or surprising)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:02 am Reply with quote

Kindaichi now has to solve a current murder as well as a cold case from two months before.

The motive should be interesting, since there's no reason to kill a bunch of high-school students whose only connection was a scout trip when they were children. Short of being witnesses to some other crime or a crime of passion, there's nothing to justify what appears to be a very elaborately staged murder.

Prime suspect is Rin since she was closest to Marika and is most familiar with the local legends. But why would she kill her foster sister?
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:34 am Reply with quote

Two more murders but a definite link between events from the camping trip and the present.

I thought the tear in the screen between Rin and the inner shrine was strange, why is the tear at that specific place when Rin was seated on the opposite end? It might just be an animation error but if it's correct then Kindaichi will use it as part of the solution.

By the looks of it next week will see Kindaichi reveal everything including how the timing question that gives everyone alibis can be resolved. The week after that will probably talk about the background behind the revealed killer's homicide motive.
LordMaou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
I kinda feel that what happened was that the person they saw there waving when they arrived wasn't the chick and was rather someone else with one of the masks on. As when he looked into the shrine there was a lot of similar masks in there.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
LordMaou wrote:
I kinda feel that what happened was that the person they saw there waving when they arrived wasn't the chick and was rather someone else with one of the masks on. As when he looked into the shrine there was a lot of similar masks in there.

If that's the case, does the imposter have similar height and hair colour with the murdered girl?
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote

Although viewers know who the serial killer is and how half of the murders were committed, the motive behind the murders and Rin's murder will have to wait until next week's finale for this season.

Speculation that there was an imposter posing for Rin at the start of the arc might well turn out to be unfounded, but it's almost certain that the shoelaces incident was the original motive for the killing. The murderer quite possibly lost his rag when confronting the first victim over what Kindaichi implies was just a prank.

What's unusual about this episode is that viewers could not have figured out the alibi until Kindaichi walked around the sluice gate and figured out the water connection. Many times the sequence of events can be pieced together over the episodes showing the actual murders as they took place.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote

So the mystery of the hole in the sliding doors is now revealed. It wasn't an animation mistake since it never occurred to me the doors could be switched around to throw off the scent.

As for the motive, not as dark nor as depressing as previous cases but Kindaichi does blame himself slightly for coming up with the idea about the plastic bottles. In truth, everything appeared to be an unfortunate chain of events with an accidental death being the end result. That death however triggered three murders and even Kindaichi couldn't bring himself to reveal what he said to the murderer in the presence of all the others.

I can't remember if there's a provision in Japanese law allowing for leniency if the murderer confesses the crime before being formally charged. Perhaps if it applies then the murderer might be shown leniency for mitigating circumstances, although the sentence handed down will still be a long one.

This episode ends this adaptation of the Kindaichi cases. Considering how low profile it is outside of Japan, further adaptations will depend on sales in the Japanese domestic market of the DVDs and Blu-Rays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3