• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dragonar Academy (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

First off, the ED sounded super chaotic with what I assume was having the three from the first half and the three from the second half to sing it together, can't say entirely a bad thing but you can tell hearing it. Ash almost spoiler[became ash there] for a second, but by the end it looked like spoiler[Ash and Eco actually became an item at the end]. Which I find a bit icky because I had spoiler[not quite though of them as boy and girl with their relationship yet].

I rate it Decent, I don't think this show was anything special but I do feel that this would be pretty good for those who have not watched a lot of these type of shows. I probably would have really enjoyed this when I was starting out, I have seen a bunch since so I get it, and it was not terrible despite that.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I rate it Decent, I don't think this show was anything special but I do feel that this would be pretty good for those who have not watched a lot of these type of shows.

The ending just screamed mediocre. For someone who doesn't watch this genre they won't be sold on it by watching this. And I think Bambi and Thumper could have taken out the bad guy here.

Why did Ash finish with everyone spoiler[visiting him in bed? He wasn't even injured in the fight that I can see.]

I'm afraid Ash is going to end up pretty frustrated being exclusive with Eco given her lower-anatomy deficiencies. Which we saw plenty of this episode. She's built like a little boy and that's cute but I just don't see how it is going to work other than the purely spiritual level. Maybe Navi has some trick up her, um, sleeve.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Giving this a So-So. It didn't do anything particularly great, but it didn't so anything particularly awful, either. Oh, and the under use of Dr. Big Tits verged on CRIMINAL.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Gotta admit, I enjoyed seeing Veronica knocked down a few pegs.

Pretty okay for an ending. I'd probably watch a season 2 if there was one, maybe even read the novels when more get translated.

Not too thrilled by that last scene, though. spoiler[Ash clearly only ever saw Eco as his Pal for the whole series, but in an instant he decides to see her romantically instead. Why? Because law dictates that the leads MUST be together!]

Looking it up, in the novel spoiler[their almost kiss happened before the others visited them, and naturally Silvia and Lucca barge in right before it's about to happen.]
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
spoiler[their almost kiss happened before the others visited them, and naturally Silvia and Lucca barge in right before it's about to happen.]

Even though I wasn't too found of the ending myself either.... What you said could technically still happen if they do another season. They could make any number of reasons for them to come back and interrupt the kiss.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
It was ok. Too many tentacles though. also disappointed as to how that ended. He was making good progress with Silvia.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
It was ok. Too many tentacles though. also disappointed as to how that ended. He was making good progress with Silvia.

Don't see why he can't have both.

Speaking of Sylvia I kind of missed how she transitioned from being her sister's whipping-girl and all around butt-monkey to being a respected member of the royal inner circle. One episode she was undergoing repeated humiliation, and the next she was invited to the capital as a dignitary. It is almost as if the writers forgot what she was supposed to be.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
Veronica being spoiler[a massive siscon] is probably the reason. clearly the real reason she and Avrora spoiler[stripped Silvia was to accurately chart her growth, and update those life sized figures].
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
It was ok. Too many tentacles though.

In anime? How did that happen? And is there a right amount?

I really grew bored with this show at around {had to look...} at episode 7 because I didn't like Silvia that much and didn't like Lucca at all. It's never a good sign for harem shows when I don't care for the harem.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
One episode she was undergoing repeated humiliation, and the next she was invited to the capital as a dignitary. It is almost as if the writers forgot what she was supposed to be.

It's because none of her older siblings have any interest in politics, so those duties fall to Silvia.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
I AM 120% OKAY WITH THIS ENDING.

Vaisaga wrote:
Ash clearly only ever saw Eco as his Pal for the whole series, but in an instant he decides to see her romantically instead. Why? Because law dictates that the leads MUST be together!

"Clearly"!?

You CLEARLY missed episode 10, sir. He sees her as a girl and she sees him as a guy.
Their romantic chemistry was over 9000.

Allow me to

Jog your

memory there...

Aside from that...

1.They made dreamy eyes and blush at each other a lot.
2.Eco was the one to kiss him first.
3.Signs of them caring a GREAT deal about each other during battles were blatant.
4.Did you forget Ash climbed into bed with her and held her hand!?
5. THEY WENT ON A DATE.

This was not "in an instant". Rolling Eyes I think it was pretty damn obvious from the get-go. They are partners! In every sense of the word.

Haters gonna hate. :p

Last edited by Chiibi on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:46 am Reply with quote
It was an okay series. I'd watch an s2 but wouldn't go so far as checking manga or novels. I didn't mind the ending stretch but I wasn't too cool with the actual ending. Although I guess I can count it a blessing that he actually picked somebody, even if I felt it wasn't very well executed.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
OMG

I am so dumb. I was thinking "Oh, the anime must not have gotten to where the blonde girl in orange was introduced in the novel and then I realized....."That's Jessica with her hair in buns."

I honestly did not recognize the girl.

For 12 episodes.

I feel dumber than the villains who can't figure out who Sailor Moon is.
Rolling Eyes Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I know you like the pairing Chiibi, but it just felt a little un-genuine when he was going to kiss the princess earlier and suddenly he seemed to forget that. Perhaps it annoys me in lack of making a decision that pops up in these harem things, and I personally had a bit of trouble figuring out how they wanted to portray them. There were some sweet moments though.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:33 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I know you like the pairing Chiibi, but it just felt a little un-genuine when he was going to kiss the princess earlier and suddenly he seemed to forget that.

Eh, she is a pretty girl with big boobs and he's a sixteen-year-old with raging hormones and they were alone together. He wasn't an official couple with Eco at that point either.

Harem MCs can't win. When they make moves, people call them pigs; when they don't, they're accused of being gay pansies. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12