• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:40 am Reply with quote
I was spoiled but I didn't know how it was going to happen. That was fantastic. My heart was pumping the whole time from sheer adrenaline.

So happy we are getting a 3rd season. Which means I will hold off on reading the manga. I like experiencing the anime blind for this series.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 25

That was a great cap to the season. I felt bad that they got so little tv time. It seems weird that the news story wouldn't focus on the winner, not to mention the underdog in both that match and the next one. Everybody likes an underdog story.

Heh, Kageyama is edgy even in his sleep.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 was overall amazing imo especially the last few episodes. The finale sets up well for the next season as well with the "war" being declared.

Hinata and the others better be prepared though as I have a feeling that it will be the toughest match of their lives. Rating this as very good like the previous season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 25

After such high tension lately, it was comforting for a more slow cool down, or maybe it is a warm up for next season. Either way it was an alright way to finish the season. I might have to re-watch the end of the last season, but it sounded a lot like what Johsai went through at the end was what Karasuno did in their loss in the first season. It kind of sold the feeling that winning here meant a loss for another team, and call back to how that felt.

This season was pretty awesome, as good or maybe even better at times than the first season, which I will give this the same rating Excellent (9/10). There was a bunch this season did well, like some focus on characters that did not get a lot of attention in the first season. Kiyoko moving out of her silent role was something done right at the beginning of the season and improved it. This also led to the inclusion of Yachi and breathed some extra life into the show. A character we the audience could connect with very well on the sidelines was a nice addition. This last episode even touched on that as part of her character arc .

It is crazy to realise that there are 50 episodes of this show, I am not bored with it at all. I remember feeling a certain level of glee when I went to a pop culture convention and seeing a number of Haikyuu cosplayers. I know that Haikyuu is more popular among female viewers, I would not think I would be a fan of this sort of thing, but I really like this series.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 1

Yay, Haikyu is back, and we are starting off this season against one of their most intimidating opponents yet. I like the charm of this show so much, effortlessly bringing back the personalities of the team. And it was the nervousness of the team that also had the comic relief. Really liked the moment they (and their new school cheer team) see how together the other school has their cheering together.

Makes sense to expect this to be one of the longest games, not just a padding thing but there is going to be a lot for Haikyu to include like all of the other team's motivations. I had a common reaction in thinking kind of dislike for the other team, before remembering that almost certainly Haikyu is going to make like those guys by the end of the match.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:24 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 2

Things are not exactly going smoothly, that guy really is a cannon. I actually kind of like the sort of creepy red haired guy that got some prominence towards the end of the episode I think hinting that he will take centre stage next week, he looks like a fun character.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:3

Didn't quite get me on my feet, but Tsukki's epically snarky intro to Shiratorizawa's resident bard had me applauding with glee, and I had to rewind to relish it a second time. Very Happy And he got a hilarious new eyecatch with his bro. Judging by the title, he'll get to show off even more next week. ::happyhappy::
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:59 am Reply with quote
Tsukki getting one on him was definitely good.

It was kind of making me think of it last episode, but red guy does make me think of Midousuji, and that kind of makes him funny.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:4

"Did you seriously just seriously?!" Laughing That was as great as I was hoping for, although they kinda beat his careful planning and analysis to death in the aftermath. But that's ok, I like seeing people get credit where it's due. It's also really nice to see Tsukki show some emotion and genuinely smile for once. And I liked seeing his brother realizing stuff he hadn't known before.

I wonder if we'll get to find out what the deal is with tsundere gramps? And what happened to Hinata's friends? We haven't seen them since his show-off quick in the warmups, have we?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
Seeing Tsukki actually yell out with emotion, his fist in a genuine victory cry, that is something special. It is something quite common for Hinata, Tanaka and Nishinoya, the team's resident spirited members, but for Tsukki it is out of his regular character, and that makes feeling his success in that moment all the sweeter.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:41 pm Reply with quote
After seeing how intense the match has been going on for the third season, Tsukki has slowly grown to me as one of my favorite characters.

I think the transition between the flashbacks and the present story has been working quite well too without dragging the show down. In the meantime, the match itself between Karasuno and Shiratorizawa has been effectively timing its movements, strategies, and momentum in such a crafty way. Rooting for Karasuno but with a match that can go either way, I think this could be my favorite one yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
Oh gosh. Can I cry now??

Tanaka was able to say Ukai's "Shita wo mukun ja neeeee!!!" line. It's undoubtedly Ukai's best moment in the match, and to think that it would be Tanaka's last line as Ukai before he passed away....... Cue the waterworks, man. T___T I'm so glad he was able to deliver the line since regardless of how similar Egawa's voice is to Tanaka's, it wouldn't have been the same.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, episode 8:

Great match momentum as usual. The crowd is getting their hype up for both teams. It's like the superbowl of volleyball between Karasuno and Shiratorizawa and I love the feel of every minute for this match.

Looks like Tsukki returns next time? Good timing because Karasuno really needs him about. Two more episodes left. Can't wait!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 10 (finale)

It did seem like the most likely result, but still when it happened it was so impactful.
They won, they are going to nationals.

This was always going to be a big match, and it taking 10 episodes made it the longest yet, filling this entire season (even if this was a shorter season than the other two). Really I am not even down that this season finishes here, it might be a shorter one with only one match, but it was big, and it made the end so satisfying.

From the beginning though, in universe, it looked like they were so out of their depth, the other team so thought that there was no way they could win, made their loss as disappointing to them as Karasuno was happy with their win. Maybe it was that they so thought that they could not lose that they were not afraid of the possibility, where they could use that fear to fuel them like Karasuno was. Oh, even Kiyoko was crying over it.

Haikyuu season 3 was again awesome, well really the whole show is that and there was not really any disappointments. MVP was definitely Tsukki, and it was interest that afterwards he was feeling like a fake for not being able to do more blocks, like he could not see exactly what he did. And the character growth had gotten earlier that carried over here made him the MVP of the season.

I give the same rating as previous seasons, a rating Excellent (9/10).
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
God the first half was so INTENSE! Though it's not likely that they'd lose, I'm so happy for the boys. Seeing the third years hug each other was just so... T____T Tanaka's sister catching a fainting Hitoka and Tsukishima's brother's "That's my little brother!!" was so cute. Anime hyper Oikawa was also Oikawa til the end, hehe.

So, 4th season-- When??
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 22 of 23