• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Soul Eater Not! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:58 am Reply with quote
I'm quite a fan of this title, too. For me, I'm enjoying the dynamics between the three main girls, plus the Soul Eater world. And you can never have too much cute in your life.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

I know there was something about witches in the first series, so I wonder how the alleged witch fits in, it seems the spoiler[bandaid was purely a distraction from what she actually did]. I would guess she is hoarding a lot of money.

Got a new nickname for the series idea: Two girls one weapon. Two meisters one weapon?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
Meisterbation?
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
I guess that had to be said at some point. . . Rolling Eyes

Seriously, though, the whole "turning into weapons" business raises all sorts of potentially dirty-minded possibilities that shonen series are usually reluctant to explore; I recall Bleach touching on this just a little bit with the "where are you touching me?" routine between spoiler[Starrk and Lilly], but even that didn't go very far with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bolaum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I guess that had to be said at some point. . . Rolling Eyes

Seriously, though, the whole "turning into weapons" business raises all sorts of potentially dirty-minded possibilities that shonen series are usually reluctant to explore; I recall Bleach touching on this just a little bit with the "where are you touching me?" routine between spoiler[Starrk and Lilly], but even that didn't go very far with it.

Well Soul Eater Not hasn't gotten there....yet....I think...

Episode 3:

So it looks like we'll have a spoiler[witch] so there is a potential for some action although I'd be perfectly fine without it.I'm enjoying it more than I thought I'd just can't wait for next week.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Did Kim show up in the original Soul Eater anime?

Last edited by getchman on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bolaum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Did Kim show up in the original Soul Eater?

Yes she did. She appears in the 2nd opening and when they fight in that ice island.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea why, but I've asked hated Ox :/ Jaqueline gets on my nerves too. I suppose there's no chance of seeing Kim do the witch dance in this series? Lol that would look so Damn cute Anime hyper
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
I have no idea why, but I've asked hated Ox :/

Ox was set up to be an unsympathetic character because he was Maka's academic rival. However I rather liked him when he was dealing with Excalibur. In NOT he seems to be a pretty nice guy.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
I never brought myself to finish the first series. What held me back was the fact that the manga was still going at that point. I've really enjoyed these last three episodes. I'm going to have to go through the manga now.

This world in soul eater is very comfortable. I also learned what NOT and EAT was.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
I don't have much to say on the latest episode but I hope the story picks up a bit soon as the OP song has a spoiler[major antagonist] that I hope will debut soon.

On another note, the OST was surprisingly decent. I definitely need my headphones for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Concerning episode 4: Is it just me, or has the artistic quality taken a significant dip since the first episode?

Nothing much else to comment on, since nothing really happened.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
You know it's very perplexing that i find Tsugumi's situation with being afraid to fight to be entirely reasonable and I'm able to have a great amount of sympathy for her.

On the other hand spoiler[Yukine from Noragami] who was pretty much put in the exact same situation and is the same age (though he was more forced to turn into a weapon than Tsugumi) I had absouletly no tolerance for and hated with passion.

Not sure why that is. Maybe it has to do with the fact I went through somewhat similar teenage angst and didn't want to be reminded of it? Embarassed

I guess that's just the skewed exceptions that I've kind of established. No one wants to see a guy crying out his problems but a girl doing it is totally cool........need to fix that Confused
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I think you are being overly hard on yourself, leatherhead333. There is a huge difference between how Tsugumi and spoiler[Yukine] handled their respective situations. Tsugumi hasn't used her problem to spoiler[act out like an ungrateful little snot, stealing stuff and just generally being an insufferable twit by hurting those around her.] I'm sure if she had acted that way, you'd have less sympathy for her.
Clarste

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Concerning episode 4: Is it just me, or has the artistic quality taken a significant dip since the first episode?

Nothing much else to comment on, since nothing really happened.

Isn't it standard for the first episode to get more budget than the later ones? You have to hook people on the series after all. Although it is clear that we're getting Bones' B and C team for this one.

I'm a bit surprised at how many people seemed to think that this was "nothing happening" since I saw it as picking up the main plot that had been established in episode 1. Tsugumi Harudori, in love with love, not sure why she's going to this school or what she's going to do. I just kinda figured that this stuff is what the show was supposed to be about.

It also introduced Clay and Akane a bit more formally as separate characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9