• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Lupin III's 1st Character Visuals Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:

That movie is an embarrassment. It shouldn't exist, and yet it does. I hated how Jigen was pretty much a slave to Lupin in this. I hated the fact that they couldn't have given Lupin his real jacket. I hate that there's no Goemon. The storyline makes no sense, and the overall comedy is hilariously bad. I just get a headache thinking about it.

I really hope that the new one can erase the stain of the original.
Why Goemon wasn't in the older film is a mystery, though I couldn't imagine him being too different from his anime counterpart had he appeared in the 1974 version. There were a ton of samurai films by 1974, so it shouldn't of been too hard for the filmmakers to cast an actor skilled with a sword. Course due to the film having slapstick comedy in it, there probably would of been some scenes involving Goemon using his sword for humorous moments. So maybe it was for the best for Goemon to not show up in the plot. This time however all five characters are together in one film. Until the trailer is released we still don't know if this will be a straight forward crime film with some humor or a slapstick comedy like the 1974.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
If I had to hate on a live-action anything, that 70s Lupin movie would be the last on my list. But then I grew up on the 60s Batman, so I can handle it.

You know, that adaption of Batman is pretty terrible. People only defend it because of pure nostalgia, nothing more. Though it was pretty close to the comics at the time, not that it makes it any better. Comics are one thing, television is another. But whatever, I guess both have their own charm. Even if they're painful to watch.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Ayano Go as Goemon!

*grabby hands*

...Ahem. I like him a lot.

Also, hope that Meisa Kuroki's acting has improved. She's always so... dull.*

*(Almost said "flat" but decided against it.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Metal: First season's actually fun, but that second season's a drag.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2