• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nanana's Buried Treasure (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote
With that ending, there better be a season 2.

Overall, unimpressive, anti-climatic, and weak in the second half imo. The finale was definitely something I will forget soon except for that very last few bits after the credit song. Rating it as not very good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I kinda thought there was 12 episodes... So come the last few minutes when everything was wrapped up with a nice speech from Juugo, I was quite underwhelmed when the credits started to roll to find out that that was it.

I'm not really sure what to think of the show. I liked the characters, the promise of the story and enjoyed watching it. But if there isn't a season 2, I don't think it'll be the end of the world for me.

I'll give it a rating of Good.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote
A bit disappointed spoiler[Juugo didn't get back up and kick Ikusaba's ass some more, but that final shot of Ikusaba was great] Laughing

The banter between Juugo and Tensai continues to be the best. Interesting how spoiler[Ikusaba kept calling her Juugo's girlfriend and she didn't bother denying it.]

Enjoyable show, I'd come back for another season.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm fine with shows having a bit of an open end to them.... but it kind of gets annoying when a show doesn't solve anything by the last episode.

But over all it was fun to watch. For me, Tensai and her partner where the best thing about the show with the drunk landlord and Nanana herself being my other favorite characters.

If they wanted to I think they could make a really good spin off with just Master Detective Tensai.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Enjoyable show, I'd come back for another season.

I definitely want another 12 episodes at least.

I don't know where all the voiced disappointment is coming from though. The only thing wrong with this anime is that it isn't complete. Even the first season seem too short with having only 11 episodes.

The theory that Nanana isn't really dead is beginning to make more sense. With all the freaky powers of the treasures she's handled it seems pretty likely one of them could have put her in the state she's in. And if she doesn't want a treasure that spoiler[wards off evil] to be used it seems likely that it is part of it.

Tensai rules, BTW. More than half of the adventures would be failures without her.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Wait that's it? That's pretty disappointing (especially since I couldn't stand the Juugo x Nanana fight at the end, really hate when they expect us to like a character just cause she look cute despite having no development).

I kinda liked Juugo if only just cause he would actually move the plot on his own rather than being a passive audience stand in the entire time like most main character. Tensai was pretty fun character. But pretty much every other character is forgettable, the president just completely changing personality for no reason (other than to have a mid season boss fight) and the other who I have pretty much all forgotten already. They tried to build Hyusakai or w/e as the bad guys, but as far as I'm concern Nanana is the bad guys in this show so Hyusakai really just came off as a parody next to her.

I'll probably watch S2 anyway, but till then I'll probably forget all about this show.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote
As much as i love Tensai owning that final battle was hella anticlimactic. spoiler[Everyone just leaves and is suddenly on equal terms.....seems to be a trend with this show lol.
]

I think this series was very much rushed but still managed to be enjoyable with the constantly fun treasure hunting shenanigans. It would have been nice if Juugo and Nanana had more talks like the one near the end of the episode. I guess it took an entire season for Juugo to break open her stubborn shell. Payoff wasn't quite worth it but the ending clearly shows there is much more to the story so I suppose this season was mostly just setup.

The romance wasn't really........there at all honestly. We saw maybe half an episode's worth of it but nothing more. It's an element that I really wish wasn't so glossed over. It's clear that Nanana is being set up to be Juugos main love interest but......TENSAI!! Seriously though I don't get the appeal behind Nanana who for the majority of the series did nothing but be a bum.

If there is ever a second season we need more romance for sure.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

I started to believe maybe I was wrong about spoiler[my theory of Yun in the ending credits, that is until there was a big scene that seemed to imply I might not be after all]. I was a bit surprised that Nanana said she spoiler[wanted to kill her killer]. Also looked like Ikusaba spoiler[did get done in].

Tensai was a big plus for this series, she was a very interesting character. I do think Juugo is a similar important and interesting one, I can't deny that he defied expectations a number of ways. It was a pretty enjoyable show, I rate it Good, it was a good setting with interesting characters and either went past what I expected or went about in a way that felt logically foreseeable. A sequel would be nice to give some sense of proper conflict, but there are a couple of areas they should improve on, a bit of balancing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8