• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
M3 the dark metal (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
Hmm, this still feels like someone trying and failing at writing dark and edgy (with the occassional boob joke) fanfic. If i still don't care about any of these kids by next episode, i might put this on hold for the time being...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

They are doing a terrible job at giving proper context, as I barely know what was happening. I think some of the characters don't get attention that I was totally confused by the two still in here that appeared at the end of the previous episode. And what is up with that one guy spoiler[licking a dead body]? Some of the atmosphere felt like a mess.

Yuzuki is still the most interesting, I do wonder if it is just a lucky strike at a popular character type, I would not say just Tomoko, but also the Hex Maniac was the most popular class in the recent Pokémon games. I guess I am still having fun, but I felt confused in a bad way here.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:49 am Reply with quote
This title is starting to exude the tell-tale stench of being dropped. I'll try one or two more to see if they can accidentally make me give a shit. About something. Anything.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote
Yeah I think if the characters weren't so boring I'd actually be interested in this one.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Sigh couldn't even finish half of the second episode, most of the stuff are absolutely average and everything that isn't is just bad, namely the writing and character. They all seems so 1 dimension and parody of other character, except the show doesn't seems to know that and is attempting to get us to take them seriously. I guess maybe they don't want us to get attached to them so they can slaughter them later on, but right now it's just painful to watch.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
3rd episode, technically better structured than episode 2 but for me not worth sticking around for each individual episode release.

I am not a fan of the Transforming Argent's design and the "monster of the week" concept makes me even more confused what type of angle this series is trying to approach the various sub-genres it touches upon.

Last edited by FenixFiesta on Mon May 05, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bango

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Ep 2 -

The new mech's design is about the only thing I'm in this for now but it feels so out of place. I think what's killing this one for me is that they have a very cool setting but absolutely no idea what to do with it.

It feels like a prototype series.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 3... A few revelations here and there, but unfortunately, it gets awfully boring. Is that kinda unnecessary fireworks scene supposed to be some friendship bonding session?

I hope the staff won't use "Hey, we have 24 episodes!" as an excuse for slacking off with the storytelling. Barely any progress there. Sad
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
I'm actually kinda liking this, for the mysteries and the mood, but it's like it disappears into the Lightless Realm each week. At the start of each episode, especially this one, I'm like, "Who are these people again? How did they get here? What the hell is going on?" as if I had never watched the previous episode(s) at all.

I usually have a pretty terrible memory, but I've never had episode amnesia this severe before. I'm barely even getting deja vu here. It's like there's absolutely nothing for my brain to hook onto for a week (except for wanting the snotty blonde to go die in a fire).

So I think I'm going to table this until a few more episodes are out and watch them all at once so maybe something will stick. Right now I'm just wasting my time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

This episode did feel better, maybe getting a better feel of the characters. I think that there is something to having the monster's past, giving this one spoiler[a child who wanted to play I guess kick the can], works. The little bit we saw of what Emiru is hiding could work to redeem her, even if she is not exactly being great.

But security in their base really sucks. Can they have spoiler[that mad scientist teach in their class next]?
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
With the characters becoming (slightly) more likable and leveling-up in friendship aspect (save the psychotic murderer) plus confirmation of my thought on episode 1
spoiler[that the team members have met before when they were kids],
I personally feel episode 4 is the most enjoyable so far...

It would be even more enjoyable if that disturbing last scene wasn't there Shocked
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
That last scene threw me off. I wasn't ready for that tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
Definitely doing better, they are making the characters more interesting, and ramping up the fear.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 7 Episode 5

You know, I don't think that scientist has the best intentions for our teenage characters. Also someone should just put the psycho down as quickly as possible, both of them.

Emiru has become interesting, we now have the story that she spoiler[lost her family in the event, and was always compared to the kids of her relatives]. She spoiler[ran away to work as soon as possible to get away from it, and was only able to have solace in her looks], which is why she was acting like she was earlier. Now she is falling into despair.

And what a creepy look on his face.

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Tue May 20, 2014 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
^^^
It's episode 5, btw Wink
As much as I don't like those two dudes with annoying smirk & maniacal laugh, I think this show would become dull without them (as if it isn't dull already Rolling Eyes)

About episode 5... I won't be surprised if every single teenage pilots has his/her own share of sad/dark/tragic past. In fact, I can't recall the last time I watched an (serious) anime where its main characters enjoyed this luxury called "happy childhood" Confused
We already saw Akashi's in previous episodes and now Emiru's. Still have 19/20 episodes to reveal the others.

Aaaand... about this particular scene between Emiru and Heito in the end of episode 4... did they go "further" than that? I hope not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6