• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gargantia, Yamato, Arpeggio, Psycho-Pass, Patema, Girls & Panzer Earn Japan Sci-Fi Con Nod

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
...If Psycho-pass is truly the current state of the "thinking man's" anime then we have achieved Idiocracy.

The award is for sci-fi, not being a thinking man's series. I do not see why Psycho Pass can not compete.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Guile wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
...If Psycho-pass is truly the current state of the "thinking man's" anime then we have achieved Idiocracy.

The award is for sci-fi, not being a thinking man's series. I do not see why Psycho Pass can not compete.

Oh, I have no objection to it entering the contest as it was, by virtue of shamelessly ripping off much better scifi works, science fiction.

Pyscho-pass is the Potemkin Village of anime: go along for the ride and, so long as you can stomach the endless barrage of awkward and inappropriate quotes, it might be halfway decent. But when you start to wander off the "guided tour", when you don't take Gen Urobuchi at his word, you see the true, tragic, nature of the show.

If there is any justice in the world then Psycho-pass will be crushed in the contest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2