• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Premieres on Toonami on Saturday

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if AoT will be put up on Comcast VOD? I missed it last night and don't have a DVR. Checked VOD just now AoT not up.
KING IZAYA

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
this is going to be awesome, i love attack on titan Razz Razz
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
INS Division 6 wrote:

Does anyone know if AoT will be put up on Comcast VOD? I missed it last night and don't have a DVR. Checked VOD just now AoT not up.

http://video.adultswim.com/attack-on-titan/index.html
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
...Why the fifth DBZ movie? Why now?
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
The first ep. was pretty good, but I hope it gets better or I don't think I could keep going on it.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
So they chopped up the OP and the ED. Pity. The OP was one of the best parts of the show. Know why they did it, so I guess I shouldn't complain, better that than the show itself.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
'Twas an accident (as confirmed on Twitter). The OP should air in full next week. Not sure about the ED, but it's not like you can't find either on Youtube.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
'Twas an accident (as confirmed on Twitter). The OP should air in full next week. Not sure about the ED, but it's not like you can't find either on Youtube.

Wah? Really? I watched it with a group of friends and we were all pretty upset about that. And yeah, we could find if need be, but it's the principle of the thing.

Honestly, we found ourselves laughing through most of it, but it wasn't as bad as I was worried about. I actually enjoyed the slightly more sassy Armin (glad they kept him as the narrator, I couldn't tell who it was in the trailer :*D), but honestly they had like three different names they could have used for the Survey corps and they make up a new one? Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the characters.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I liked the dub. Mikasa in paticular sounded great, I just have to get used to people pronouncing her name correctly (no more "Mikasa, su casa" jokes!)

"Omnidirectional Gear" is a mouthful, but no more so than "3D maneuver gear," really.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
"Omnidirectional Gear" is a mouthful, but no more so than "3D maneuver gear," really.

Actually "omnidirectional mobility gear" = 11 syllables while 3DMG = 6. So it's almost twice as much a mouthful, but I'll forgive them if they start calling it the OMG (unlikely, but it'd be great xD).
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Miyanoai wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

Actually "omnidirectional mobility gear" = 11 syllables while 3DMG = 6. So it's almost twice as much a mouthful, but I'll forgive them if they start calling it the OMG (unlikely, but it'd be great xD).

I wonder how the Japanese producers would feel about that. Considering it was the Japanese who told Funimation to use the term, "Omnidirectional Mobility Gear" in the first place. I doubt they would have had a problem with them shortening it to OMG.

EDIT: Before anyone accuses me of lying
http://youtu.be/6IxkmBQEggk?t=11m13s
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2