• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Was the three-year-old raped in Puni Puni Poemy? (spoilers)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Lapis Lazuli Lolita wrote:

Well, I'm mostly saying "Don't blame Puni Puni Poemy. It's a cartoon. It didn't do anything, so don't try to start some hidden boycott on the show." That seems to be happening with a few of the "Well, based on this, I'm not going to watch this hilarious anime" comments.
Maybe I don't understand. Nyoro~n.

Hidden boycott, WTF? No one said ANYTHING about protesting the show, some people just mentioned they might be sensitive/not approve of the implied scene. No one is trying to get your beloved show banned or anything. Sheez! Not everyone has to all love and watch the same titles as everyone else...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
No one said ANYTHING about protesting the show, some people just mentioned they might be sensitive/not approve of the implied scene.

That's very true, but it's an 18 in the UK and I'd guess a similar certification elsewhere...
Lapis Lazuli Lolita

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Hidden boycott, WTF? No one said ANYTHING about protesting the show, some people just mentioned they might be sensitive/not approve of the implied scene. No one is trying to get your beloved show banned or anything. Sheez! Not everyone has to all love and watch the same titles as everyone else...

I said don't start one. Good god, you people are far too easily offended. No wonder.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Ramadahl wrote:
That's very true, but it's an 18 in the UK and I'd guess a similar certification elsewhere...

As far as I know it's 17 up over here. Really though, if they'd messed it up a little more they could have made it a hentai. I thought the yuri reference was dumb too.
Lapis Lazuli Lolita

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Ramadahl wrote:

As far as I know it's 17 up over here. Really though, if they'd messed it up a little more they could have made it a hentai. I thought the yuri reference was dumb too.

Considering the reference (Card Captor Sakura), I'd say the yuri was perfectly executed.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Considering the reference (Card Captor Sakura), I'd say the yuri was perfectly executed.

Oh, so that's where it's from. Missed that one. Saw PPP before I read CCS.
Lapis Lazuli Lolita

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:49 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Oh, so that's where it's from. Missed that one. Saw PPP before I read CCS.

Yeah, it's making fun of the relationship between Sakura and Tomoyo.
DrizzlingEnthalpy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:08 pm Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
K's dialogue (edited a little):

"This is what you guys want, right? Let's hear if for sleaze! Grope them! Tie them up! Hit them! This is culture!"

It then goes into the girls moaning and crying.

While I can see where I got the idea that there was a point being made with regard to the ever-increasing problem of over-stimulation in our society, I now think I was reading more into it then there actually was.

I'm pretty sure there was a "stick things inside them" line, but it could be a difference between sub vs. dub.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Either way, he doesn't actually say "let's rape them". So while he sexually abused them, whether or not they were actually raped is left a bit vague.
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:

I said don't start one. Good god, you people are far too easily offended. No wonder.

Um.. okay. Rolling Eyes If I'm easily offended then you're insanely paranoid. To each his own, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lapis Lazuli Lolita

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Um.. okay. Rolling Eyes If I'm easily offended then you're insanely paranoid. To each his own, I guess.

What now? I'm just gonna drop it.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote
The thread is getting close to trolling at this point so I suggest people start making more intelligent posts and stop with any insults. Unless of course your goal is to piss off the mods, not a smart idea though.
Lapis Lazuli Lolita

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
The thread is getting close to trolling at this point so I suggest people start making more intelligent posts and stop with any insults. Unless of course your goal is to piss off the mods, not a smart idea though.

I personally think the thread is done. No, she wasn't raped. There. Thread over. Requesting lock.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote
I personally think the thread is done. No, she wasn't raped. There. Thread over. Requesting lock.

She was sitting in a cage the last time I looked. It's just that the humor trying to be presented really flopped, so no. Yeah, I agree, this thing is done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5