• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I knew spoiler[Shirou vs. Toosaka and Shirou vs. Rider] was for this episode, but the pacing is fairly slow for what is a straightforward section before the spoiler[big fights coming up next.]

Next week's trailer introduces the last two servants in the equation, so looking forward to seeing spoiler[Saber vs. Assassin part 1 ] and possibly spoiler[Archer vs. Caster].

A lot more effort put into spoiler[Rider's animations and character design] than the previous adaptations, although that's to be expected. spoiler[Shirou vs. Rin ] more or less went according to script.

Last edited by Harleyquin on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:48 am; edited 3 times in total
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
For someone seriously committed to kill Shirou she certainly lets go of the mood pretty easily.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
For someone seriously committed to kill Shirou she certainly lets go of the mood pretty easily.

She gave her reasons why, not surprising.

As mentioned earlier, this sequence of events more or less follows the game letter for letter.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:24 pm Reply with quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm not even done with the episode yet, but I love how they made use of spoiler[one of the bad ends]. I knew there was something wrong when spoiler[Shirou hadn't made the alliance with Rin by the end of night 4].
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm not even done with the episode yet, but I love how they made use of spoiler[one of the bad ends]. I knew there was something wrong when spoiler[Shirou hadn't made the alliance with Rin by the end of night 4].

Urm, they don't in this arc but they do for the spoiler[Fate arc?] It's been a while so I might be wrong.

Either way, both arcs feature a brief spoiler[Rin vs. Shirou ] fight, the difference for this arc is being spoiler[forced to make a decision WHERE to run when Rin goes on the offensive. ]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
If I'm remembering this correctly, spoiler[Rin vs Shiro] in the school only happens in UBW, but DEEN included it in their adaptation of the Fate route. I seem to recall noticing its absense when I played the VN...
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
If I'm remembering this correctly, spoiler[Rin vs Shiro] in the school only happens in UBW, but DEEN included it in their adaptation of the Fate route. I seem to recall noticing its absense when I played the VN...

Well I remember the spoiler[Fate arc] doing this sequence automatically without a dialogue choice while the spoiler[UBW arc ] actively asked players to choose which direction Shirou was to flee toward. Get the choice wrong and the tiger dojo entry for this part specifically mentioned the difference in this scene between the spoiler[Fate arc and the UBW arc ]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin, thanks for spoiling next week's episode. If you are spoiling future events please state that clearly outside the spoiler codes.

The idea of unmarked spoilers is that people who are behind in the series know not to read them. Those of us who are up to date are supposed to be able to read them safely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:06 am Reply with quote
Harleyquinn,

As errinundra said, you NEED to mark spoilers that come from the VN and haven't yet happened in the anime. There is a difference between spoiling what has been shown in the anime for those who haven't yet seen it, and what *hasn't* yet happened in the anime. There are people who read this thread that are of the first group and not the second, and who therefore feel free to look at the spoilers because they won't be spoiled by them, and you're basically throwing them under the bus when you do that.

It's fine that you want to show off your knowledge of F/UBW, but try to keep in mind the various sorts of people who read these threads.

Thanks.
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:14 am Reply with quote
Y'know for everyone who is interested in what is the same in the novel and what is not, here's a link to a playthrough: http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/. There's also one in Youtube. This line of commenting has scared away a number of posters already and for a good reason it seems. If you have to compare the vn and the adaptation, compare what was done better/worse not what happened, what didn't and what will or won't. Those who have read it already know what happens, those who haven't don't care.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:27 am Reply with quote
Fine, not that it really matters since I don't bother with the episode review thread of the same series. I missed one tag and the rest should have been covered. It should now be fixed.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Fine, not that it really matters since I don't bother with the episode review thread of the same series. I missed one tag and the rest should have been covered. It should now be fixed.

I think you've missed the point.

Your line,

Harleyquin wrote:
spoiler[Rider getting her neck broken in should be either next week or the week after.]

should read,

Harleyquin wrote:
WARNING: FUTURE EPISODE SPOILER spoiler[Rider getting her neck broken in should be either next week or the week after.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quote
Not been here long enough to learn there are different types of spoilers, I'm being accused of throwing people "under the bus" when I'm not responsible for people uncovering the tags of their own volition. Isn't the whole point of putting things under tags to flag what people know and don't know already?
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 am Reply with quote
Some people have seen Fate/Zero, but know nothing about UBW or Deenime. Some people have seen Deenime, but not F/Z. Some people have seen both, but not the latest episode. Some have not seen anything. Then there's the novel, UBW movie, Hollow/Ataraxia, Complementary materials, Nasu interviews... Fateverse is quite convoluted.
If context doesn't clearly address what's in the spoiler, I think a disclaimer before the spoiler itself is necessary.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:04 am Reply with quote
Alright, I'll be more careful but there's never been a clearer example of users voting with their feet on something they don't like.

Most of the chatter has already migrated to the episode review thread anyway. What I type really doesn't matter to them since they've already chosen to ignore what they don't like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 38