• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NISA's Love Live! Release Slated for September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Never watched an Idol anime before, but seeing how NISA are finally releasing this I guess i'll be watching my first one in September Very Happy

Oh and as per usual this NISA set has incredibly good artwork for all the physical items included. Praise NISA!
ST0517

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed Love Live. I can't wait to pick this up!!! Very Happy Very Happy
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wished for a dub of this one but I'll take it regardless. Laughing
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Instant buy! Very Happy
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:17 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Never watched an Idol anime before, but seeing how NISA are finally releasing this I guess i'll be watching my first one in September Very Happy

Oh and as per usual this NISA set has incredibly good artwork for all the physical items included. Praise NISA!

For someone that doesn't care that much for idols or idol-based anime (or hearty school-spirit stuff), I really liked Love Live! a whole lot. The characters, as well as the story, were really enjoyable and were easy to get behind. The animation was pretty good and consistent, and thankfully, Sunrise didn't bother with the CG dancing as much in the latter part of the show as they did in the beginning. I'm really looking forward to NISA's release, though I'd rather wait and see how the second season pans out, first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sakurahitagi

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
For someone that doesn't care that much for idols or idol-based anime (or hearty school-spirit stuff), I really liked Love Live! a whole lot. The characters, as well as the story, were really enjoyable and were easy to get behind. The animation was pretty good and consistent, and thankfully, Sunrise didn't bother with the CG dancing as much in the latter part of the show as they did in the beginning. I'm really looking forward to NISA's release, though I'd rather wait and see how the second season pans out, first.

Yeah I don't like idol stuff that much either but I enjoyed Love Live. I thought there were some weaker episodes near the end of the first season but overall it was pretty good. The second season is even better so far. [/quote]
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Sigh they been sitting on this for a while and they didn't dub
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
What else could they do but sit on it? The series is pretty big in Japan; the volumes ended between 23 and 40 thousand! As for dubbing, is there even much of a point given how often you'd need to cut back to the Japanese track? You can't exactly find nine VAs with decent singing skills out back like you can in Japan; it'd have to be quite the phenomenon here to support that sort of cost(this is one case where cheap R1 prices work against us).
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't think we should be expecting any dubs until at least the new Toradora release has been out for a while and they can see if continuing to do so is worth it
rookie_one
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I guess this would be a good time to start saving up.

$52. pre-order placed.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
As for dubbing, is there even much of a point given how often you'd need to cut back to the Japanese track? You can't exactly find nine VAs with decent singing skills out back like you can in Japan; it'd have to be quite the phenomenon here to support that sort of cost(this is one case where cheap R1 prices work against us).

Well, both seasons of AKB0048 were dubbed, with quite a few non-concert scenes dubbed into English as well. However, the rest of the singing was in the original Japanese.

Even if NISA (or Sentai) could afford dubbing the songs for these idol series, they probably wouldn't be allowed to, as the point of these series is to promote and market their idols.

So yes, a dub would be a little pointless. Personally, I'd like to hear the English voice actors sing in idol fashion. Could be fun. Or damaging (Girls und Panzer ankou dance episode 9)...
Hononotenshi

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
Is this any better than AKB0048? I watched both seasons of the latter show and I found them midly entertaining. I'm not shure if Love Live is worthy enough.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:08 am Reply with quote
Hononotenshi wrote:
Is this any better than AKB0048? I watched both seasons of the latter show and I found them midly entertaining. I'm not shure if Love Live is worthy enough.

I think it's a lot better. Love Live! has really good writing and a genuine sense of fun. I gave both seasons of AKB0048 a Decent rating and Love Live! a Very Good.
consignia

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:30 am Reply with quote
Hononotenshi wrote:

They're not really comparable. They are both about idols, and that's it really. For what it's worth, I think Love Live (and almost everything) is much better than AKB0048.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1