• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime Trailers Online [2006-10-02]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I think I'll give Pumpkin Scissors at least a couple of episodes *just because of the title*; well, and the tech does look pretty interesting, you don't see too many military-themed shows set in what looks like the '30's!

Other than that, yeah, call me predictable, but any trailer that uses the Mozart "Requiem" will make me want to watch the series, so, score one for Code Geass. And of course this season's most interesting anime - Chevalier - isn't even on there!

...I think mostly, this goes to show where YouTube/Google Video becomes *truly* useful. I really have better things to do than watch twenty-two minutes of a full episode at bleh quality, but if I randomly feel like taking a look at the OP for a given series, well, now I know exactly where to go!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
roseofpain84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or there's nothing shounen-ai ish this time around?
Tsk. Thry don't think of the fangirls, do they?...x_x
Oh well, there are still good things coming out..>.<
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
but t LEAST 1 shounen-ai show should be there....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:38 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
I'm kind of surprised no one has said anything about Pumpkin Scissors. It looks like one of the shows that will go under everyone's radar, but be very highly regarded.

Gonzo has disappointed me more than they have impressed me, and while I would like to be wrong here, I have too much pessimism regarding what they put out.

Oh wait. Pumpkin Scissors is a GONZO show?

I'm going to temporarily retract what I said until I'm proven otherwise. I've yet to come out of a GONZO show completely satisfied.
teferi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
Mr.Shonen wrote:
No one cares about Kekkaishi. Wow, you people dissapoint me.

Maybe because a fair amount of people here don't care that much about the shounen genre? You consider that?

know what's incredibly ironic about that? the anime most people are remarking on in this thread is Deathnote, which just happens to be shounen (if somewhat different from the norm).

Kekkaishi is getting ignored because it's already been done (as in asian spirit exorcism is a pretty common subject for anime/manga) and it looks pretty underwhelming. Add a couple anticipated (Kanon, DGrayman, Deathnote etc.) titles and it just goes under the radar.

I'll admit I enjoy its manga counterpart, but honestly the anime just doesn't look impressive from the screenshots/trailers.

Kinda lookign forward to the Deathnote anime in tghe hope that it'll be a little more bearable animated ( I mean it's a good manga, but for soemr eason Iwas never really hooked).

Other than that Black Lagoon is just a really fun show to watch, so that's on my list. DGrayman because of the manga, and well, the whole messed up (sort of christian-ish) exorcists theme is pretty cool.

Sumomomo Momomo will probably end up being my guilty pleasure, got kind of hooked reading a few scans, despite the idiocy of the plot.

One that's missing (although it was probably posted ealier or something) is Bartender, the premise (something about a bartender helping people with his "glass of god" ) sounds so wack I'm going to probably get sucked into it:D
HellKorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:25 pm Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

I'm going to temporarily retract what I said until I'm proven otherwise. I've yet to come out of a GONZO show completely satisfied.

To direct you to a Gonzo anime that I felt is worthy to watch, I personally found Blue Submarine No. 6 to be incredibly good, though the 3-D integration and soundtrack were rather weak, it still had very nicely crafted characters, straightforward but substanctial plot, and a wonderfully subtle message at the end. It remains to be my favorite work from Gonzo as I have not seen Gankutsuou yet (the same director behind Blue Submarine No. 6 also directed Gankutsuou), which isn't that too hard of a selection.

teferi wrote:
know what's incredibly ironic about that? the anime most people are remarking on in this thread is Deathnote, which just happens to be shounen (if somewhat different from the norm).

I occasionally like to inject irony in my posts, for the word.

Oh, and I watched the first episode of D.Gray-man today, and it was a pretty faithful adaption of the first story. It looks like we're going to be skipping ahead to the main plot after the first episode instead of the two "filler" chapters that were in the manga, which I believe to be a good decision.

Also, I find it a bit amusing that spoiler[Linali and Kanda] seem to be more prominently featured than what has been given in the manga just by the first episode.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

To direct you to a Gonzo anime that I felt is worthy to watch, I personally found Blue Submarine No. 6 to be incredibly good, though the 3-D integration and soundtrack were rather weak, it still had very nicely crafted characters, straightforward but substanctial plot, and a wonderfully subtle message at the end. It remains to be my favorite work from Gonzo as I have not seen Gankutsuou yet (the same director behind Blue Submarine No. 6 also directed Gankutsuou), which isn't that too hard of a selection.

I actually didn't care much for Blue Submarine No. 6. I liked the flow, but it just didn't catch me in any real way. I'm watching Gankutsuou and Kaleido Star right now, and I love both of them dearly for where I'm at, so I'm looking at one of them to end up being good in the end.

I'll still give Pumpkin Scissors a chance. I'm not against giving GONZO shows a shot, but I have to refrain from expecting anything out of them.

I just hope they give it enough of a budget so it can remain consistant visually unlike a lot of their shows.
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote
these are the ones im looking forward too

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

Death Note

Pumpkin Scissors

Venus Versus Virus (whenever this comes out)
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
Other than that, yeah, call me predictable, but any trailer that uses the Mozart "Requiem" will make me want to watch the series, so, score one for Code Geass.
Nice! I thought that tune sounded familiar.

btw, call me stupid, but last I checked, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Rahxephon also had classical music. Could that mean that Code Geass might just be the next "Eva-clone?" Naw, can't be......right?

Last edited by Ryvius213 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
teferi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
HellKorn wrote:
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

I actually didn't care much for Blue Submarine No. 6. I liked the flow, but it just didn't catch me in any real way. I'm watching Gankutsuou and Kaleido Star right now, and I love both of them dearly for where I'm at, so I'm looking at one of them to end up being good in the end.

I'll still give Pumpkin Scissors a chance. I'm not against giving GONZO shows a shot, but I have to refrain from expecting anything out of them.

I just hope they give it enough of a budget so it can remain consistant visually unlike a lot of their shows.

actually for the first episode it's pretty good.

The tank fight is pretty amazing O_O

and the main character dude is pretty likeable (altho the lieutenant chick is a bit typical of a newbie officer).

as of the first episode I'm expecting quite a bit .. even if the second episode will be featuring meidos with guns...
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:18 am Reply with quote
now HOW many of these trailers have lived up to the show its advertising?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3