• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
We know Kirito isn't going to leave Asuna for anything in the world...so I think KyoujixShino has a good, cannon chance.

Fixed. Wink

I see what you did thar. Wink

Quote:
He's not a friend, he's a sociopath. He left almost no doubt with the timing of everything that he said that he's planning this. People call it horrible timing because it made her feel uncomfortable, when that is exactly what he was aiming for.

I just can't see him that way......until we get more evidence. Right now, he seems more insecure and needy than an actual bad guy.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:

It has been a long time since I saw the first series, but I sort of preferred Asuna as a warrior than mother Earth.

Totally agree. While sinon is my favorite character, GGO is only my 2nd favorite arc for this reason. That said, GGO is still far better than the disjointed SAO or the borderline reprehensible ALO.

spoiler[Mother's Rosario (most likely season 3) is awesome, especially if you like Asuna. Hard to believe it was written by the same guy. SAO gets progressively deeper and more well written the further you go.]
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
Totally agree. While sinon is my favorite character, GGO is only my 2nd favorite arc for this reason. That said, GGO is still far better than the disjointed SAO or the borderline reprehensible ALO.

I believe the United States government should use clips of ALO looped together as an effective form of torture. Way more practical than waterboarding.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Lain'sHairline wrote:
Bugnin wrote:

I believe the United States government should use clips of ALO looped together as an effective form of torture. Way more practical than waterboarding.

You'll get no argument from me on that. I'm just saying don't pre-judge the rest of the series by that debacle. I wouldn't even be here if it reflected the overall quality of the series.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Screw you guys. ALO was the best. Phantom Bullet is better than Aincrad so far, but Sinon has failed to grip my heart like Suguha did.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Same here. Mainly 'coz Soogie has superior tatas.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Doesn't really need to be examined. Just have fun with it Smile

Speaking of, anyone else stoked for Hollow Fragment tomorrow? I bought a Vita just to play it.

Me too! Managed to get one cheap on that well known international bidding site. I hope they eventually release the new content update for us too.

I can't decide between Suguha or Sinon for my favourite character, so I'm not going to. Cool
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:

I can't decide between Suguha or Sinon for my favourite character, so I'm not going to. Cool

Oh COME ON.

Sinon is far more interesting and actually has a serious problem in her life. Rolling Eyes Much nicer design too. I cannot think of anything about Suguha that is better than Sinon....but I hate the former so...
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I can think of two things...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Quote:
He's not a friend, he's a sociopath. He left almost no doubt with the timing of everything that he said that he's planning this. People call it horrible timing because it made her feel uncomfortable, when that is exactly what he was aiming for.

I just can't see him that way......until we get more evidence. Right now, he seems more insecure and needy than an actual bad guy.

My lack of evidence stops me from really calling him anything strong, but I considering it a good possibility, especially since you can compare him directly to Recon. While Recon did not like Kirito suddenly becoming friends with Leafa, looking quite cautious, Spiegel gave what might be considered a death stare, taking Kirito by surprise. I am a "awkward boy", I also suffer from a disability that has me unable to pick up on social cues, but because of that I have kind of developed other ways that I analyse people's actions. While the game L.A. Noire can be close to unplayable to me, I am fairly adapt at picking up manipulation, partially from the fact I use it for harmless fun or a defence mechanism. I might totally be reading way too much into the show, but if I met someone like that my alarm bells would go off not to trust them at face value.

Kind of makes me sound like an A-hole when I admit to being a manipulator, but I assure everyone that I don't ever do it to bring people down. Mostly looking at a way to get out of doing dishes (a textile thing), or telling them afterwards that I just made them agree to something stupid. Manipulation not a bad thing, except when you use it to hurt someone else, and Shino is being harmed. Still not proof of bad intent.

Blood- wrote:
Same here. Mainly 'coz Soogie has superior tatas.

I think most of us saw this point coming.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Oh COME ON.

Sinon is far more interesting and actually has a serious problem in her life. Rolling Eyes Much nicer design too. I cannot think of anything about Suguha that is better than Sinon....but I hate the former so...

Most people would probably find being in love with some one you shouldn't to be far more relateable than PTSD. I know I sure do. If you've never experienced the former, then you are truely blessed.

But the two of them really aren't that different. They have their issues (debating how serious they are is stupid because it's equally serious to those involved) which they seek the answers to in online games. They are both skilled players who are kind enough to show a n00b around, even if he might annoy them.

Design wise Sinon is better than Leafa (particularly her outfit), but Suguha is much better than Shino. And no, I don't mean those two things.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I can think of two things...

I said "better", not "bigger".

Quote:
but Suguha is much better than Shino.

Shino's hair doesn't look like it was cut with a bowl. :p

Quote:
Most people would probably find being in love with some one you shouldn't to be far more relateable than PTSD

It's so lame though....relateable, sure but I'm like "...........this is stupid and boring. Gimme a character who doesn't revolve around unrequited crushing, please." The biggest mistake was trying to make her sympathetic when the problems of the other two main characters were 10x worse. I could not take it seriously at all.

Shino however, I take VERY seriously, sympathize with, and hope she overcomes her goal.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Shino's hair doesn't look like it was cut with a bowl. :p

So? That's a pretty common hair cut. Personally I don't care for Shino's little ponytails or whatever they're called that frame her face. My tastes are pretty broad, so the fact she doesn't get much of a reaction out of me is pretty damning.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So? That's a pretty common hair cut.

It's ugggggggggggggly :'D It looks like a nerdy boy...or something.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I would still take Suguha's haircut over Sinon's (real or avatar version).

Lain'sHairline wrote:

And I believe that some people have let their unrestrained hatred for certain elements in ALO lead them to laughable levels of hyperbole, but hey, it takes all kinds, right?

(Oh, and for the record, me liking ALO had nothing to do with Suguha's build. I'm more a fan of Asuna's kind of build anyway.)

On an entirely different matter, someone had mentioned earlier about the scene with Klein and the ladies at the end of the episode. Upon reflecting back on that as I was out driving tonight, it struck me even harder about how odd that scene was: a mid-to-late 20s guy hanging out with only a gaggle of high school girls. I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more mentioned about how unseemly that was, or is there just a general acknowledgement that "yeah, that wasn't right, so let's just move on"?

Last edited by Key on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 115