• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Terror in Resonance (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
running in a crowded airport terminal, bumping into people really isn't that suspicious. I done that several times.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I have reported getchman to the Department of Homeland Security as an obvious terrorist.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
running in a crowded airport terminal, bumping into people really isn't that suspicious. I done that several times.

But it's certainly conspicuous. The fact that she paused to bow and apologize before caroming into the next person, and the next, suggests she wasn't running to catch a flight.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
one risky gamble spoiler[sending your 6 foot tall FBI friend to kidnap and possibly murder a person] being super polite to others
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
Unlike spoiler[ramming an airplane into a departure gate with hundreds of people standing around and blowing it up.] Seems like a risk they're downright eager to take.

Last edited by Gina Szanboti on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
I was already disappointed when watching [Watanabe's] Kids on the Slope that suffered from a similar problem- good premises but no ideas what to do with them.

I've made a similar mental comparison between these shows and largely agree with you. It was also around episode six or so that I thought Sakamichi no Apollon began to lose its way. Lisa and Ritsuko also share a tendency to be rather useless "third wheels" in their respective shows. spoiler[They add a hint of potential romance which went nowhere in Sakamichi no Apollon and is unlikely to go anywhere in Terror in Resonance. In fact, I rather expect Lisa will be dead by the end.]
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
I was already disappointed when watching [Watanabe's] Kids on the Slope that suffered from a similar problem- good premises but no ideas what to do with them.

I've made a similar mental comparison between these shows and largely agree with you. It was also around episode six or so that I thought Sakamichi no Apollon began to lose its way. Lisa and Ritsuko also share a tendency to be rather useless "third wheels" in their respective shows. spoiler[They add a hint of potential romance which went nowhere in Sakamichi no Apollon and is unlikely to go anywhere in Terror in Resonance. In fact, I rather expect Lisa will be dead by the end.]

I agree... I think it is a shame, because both series looked so promising to start with. Kids on the slope had a massive potential, and then became so wishy-washy. It did not resolve anything between the characters, spoiler[who all escaped confrontation, and the ending came out of nowhere.]
And Terror no resonance follows its footsteps. Lisa is useless, but I could forgive that if the rest of the series made any sense. But for now I see a replay of a situation- a bunch of characters who want to accomplish something but don't know what and don't know how... And their motivations seems to be unclear even to themselves.

getchman wrote:

I have bumped into people too, but we could see from the footage that Lisa was not really going anywhere, id not seem to be catching a plane, she was just running around bumping into people who were in her way and who were not in her way. I would think that Five checked the footage of where Lisa was before and noticed the gas/vapour link soon enough. She would not have noticed anything if Lisa controlled herself a little rather than lost it.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quote
I really liked Kid on the slope because it was exactly what it was pretending to be, a slice of life show with a heavy focus on jazz music (good one two, not cringe worthy j-pop anime song). The focus was always on the friendship between the two main guys and there love of jazz, the romance was always just a sub-plot.

This is trying to be a smart political investigation show, but it's just not.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
My problem with Kids on the Slope is that the idea was badly executed. The romantic sub-plot(s) took such a huge chunk of the time and lead to absolutely nothing. It just felt really unresolved. And so far this series is similar, I am not sure what the focus is meant to be, because there is none... Smile
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
My problem with Kids on the Slope is that the idea was badly executed. The romantic sub-plot(s) took such a huge chunk of the time and lead to absolutely nothing. It just felt really unresolved. And so far this series is similar, I am not sure what the focus is meant to be, because there is none... Smile

Well, Kids on the Slope was an adaption of a (still ongoing back then, completed now) manga, so even though one could argue that they could have given it a more satisfactory ending (though i liked the ending well enough...), they obviously decided to stay faithful to the source material. So comparing this to an orignal work is a bit like comparing apples and oranges, IMO of course...
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quote
I suppose I would not enjoy reading the source material either Smile
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:45 am Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
I suppose I would not enjoy reading the source material either Smile

Well, if the "unresolved romantic sub-plots" are what bothered you the most, you probably should read it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Nice, the show is back this week. spoiler[Seriously though Lisa, you need to watch out for yourself. Getting caught that easily isn't good...especially since she's been captured by none other than Five.]

The spoiler[bombing of the apartment surprised me somewhat though. It reminded me one of those moments from Phantom Requiem and Rush Hour 2.] I hope 12 knows what he's doing tbh. This is a make it or break it mission for him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Finally, it's back!
spoiler[Shibazaki & his team got suspended.
5 found Lisa]
pretty fast.
spoiler[Send her a nice "gift"] too.
With that 5's intentions have once again been made clear.
Shibazaki found something interesting.
Looks like spoiler[their past might get revealed at last.
Lisa realized she was too much trouble and left the guys.
Leaving them didn't mean she was off the hook with 5.
Just the opposite, our Lisa got kidnapped.
5 laid out her trap nicely.]

Lisa just might be the duo's undoing..
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
For a moment I actually felt really sympathetic towards Lisa, she tried to help, and constantly has to deal with the rejection.

But then she spoiler[got caught by Five- she somehow knows unconsciously how to complicate things.]
She does not annoy me any more really, I feel for her despite the previous episodes.

I lost interest in the series a bit, so I am hoping that it will loon lead to some huge discovery. The power given to Five is ridiculous, but obviously spoiler[some very powerful people in Japan are standing behind her.] I wonder what the spoiler[headache] was all about, looks like something quite serious- maybe spoiler[side effects of a drug or a treatment they all underwent during the programme?]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 25