• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media's SuBLime Imprint Adds Shungiku Nakamura's Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Best licensed announcement in a while, I cant wait to own it, the anime is one of the best BL ever.

Now if they can get Super Lovers.
PansyWansyLinsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I was hoping for something different, but I guess it can't be helped. Nakamura's popular, even if I don't care for her work or her anime.

I can't wait for Love Stage to premiere. I hope its popular enough that people will start looking for BL anime material outside of Nakamura.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, its official. Sublime is my favorite BL publisher in North America right now.

This makes me so freaking happy! I love Sekaiichi and hope this paves the way to a future license rescue of Junjo as well!

On a side note, as much as I love Super Lovers, I doubt its ever seeing a stateside release. Dang, just writing that made me sad...
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
sakuragtin wrote:
Well, its official. Sublime is my favorite BL publisher in North America right now.

Helps that Digital Manga is doing a very shitty job now

I wish SuBLime would just take their best titles and release them again (digital or physical), DMP just lets their best things go OOP, it's awful.

Good luck trying to find Ze vol.4 (could be the wrong one), for a decent price. Tyrant Falls in Love, I'm sure has hard to find volumes, View Finder...and other titles, DMP just give your licenses to SL now.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
Nice. Sublime really listens to it's fans.

-Would be nice if someone snags the anime, too.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:27 am Reply with quote
Noooo!
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
It's not my favourite BL series but I can now own it in English and dump the German copies I don't understand a word of Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Izu0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
:3 more BL is always a good thing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
OH YES. YES YES YES

FInally!!! Of course I'm buying this - and hoping someone picks up the anime (Nozomi??)!
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:24 am Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of Nakamura, and I think both this and JR have both dragged on for far too long, but I'm pleased it's being released anyway. I hope it does well for SuBLime.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
I felt the same way with JR, it was my favourite manga but it wore thin when the younger sister (cousin/whatever) appeared which was around the time TP went under so never picked it back up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PansyWansyLinsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
sakuragtin wrote:

Helps that Digital Manga is doing a very shitty job now

I wish SuBLime would just take their best titles and release them again (digital or physical), DMP just lets their best things go OOP, it's awful.

Good luck trying to find Ze vol.4 (could be the wrong one), for a decent price. Tyrant Falls in Love, I'm sure has hard to find volumes, View Finder...and other titles, DMP just give your licenses to SL now.

I wish I was more familiar with the printing process, so that I could better understand DMP's business practices. I've been avidly trying to collect a lot of their more recent yaoi publications lately, and the availability, non-availability, and unreliable publication dates are baffling.

For instance, the ZE volume 6 has been out of print for a couple of years now. They've promised a re-print since 2012, but nothing since. Volume 3 of View Finder is out of print (has been out of print), Junko's Mr Mini Mart was available on amazon for maybe 0 days? I would love to get a hand on Close the Last Door volume 2, but I knew it was a fruitless endeavor once I found out it was out of print.

Sublime has a huge advantage over DMP because they operate under Viz. Their publications are easy to purchase and that's been a godsend. However, it's easy to look superior when your competition is really only one other company.

Sigh, take what you can get I guess. I understand we're part of a niche market, there's no helping it. Still, one can't help but want better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1