• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan - [adult swim] / Toonami broadcast.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Ladies and gentlemen, Jean Kirschtein, Conny Springer, and Hange Zoe. It was fun while it lasted.

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 16h
I'M REALLY GOING TO MISS HOW MUCH THE INTRO MUSIC STRESSES ME THE <expletive> OUT #AttackOnTitan

Damn... no one ever prays for MY walls.... :( #AttackOnTitan

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 16h
All that praying isn't gonna do you much good right now. #AttackOnTitan

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 16h
Female Titan should seriously be wearing a sports bra if she's gonna do all of this running... #AttackOnTitan

Female Titan needs more sleep to get rid of those bags under her eyes. #AttackOnTitan

I AM ON <expletive> FIRE AND I AM VERY ANGRY #TeamTitanEren #AttackOnTitan

Female Titan does whatever a spider can! #SpiderMan #AttackOnTitan

OH NO HE'S GOING TO DEVOUR HER WHOLE #typicalsaturdaynightforme #AttackOnTitan

No one ever merges with me... :( #AttackOnTitan

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 16h
Jean wants payoff, not a crystal shell. #AttackOnTitan

SOMEONE GET ME A WIRE NET AND I'M NOT GOING TO TELL ANYONE WHY #AttackOnTitan #TeamHange

How many carats do you think spoiler[Annie's cocoon thing] is? #AttackOnTitan

Yo, can we all turn into monsters next season? I want to do Titan Conny yelling. #AttackOnTitan
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote
Well...that was some finale, huh?

spoiler[The opening scene was actually pretty funny. I don't expect less from Mr. Director himself, Tetsuro Araki.

Notice what happens when Eren goes into Fire Beast Mode? Annie!Titan goes from cooly confident to terrified. This is the first time we've seen Annie show fear for her life. Sure, you could say that time in the woods with Levi was her being scared. However, she had the advantage of escaping by using other Titans. Not this time.

Let me repeat- Fire Beast Mode. That is freaking awesome.

Were those like...burn marks on Eren's face from after the fight? Or will there be an explanation in Season Two?

I really want to watch Season Two when it comes out.]

It's done. It's over. I can't believe it. That was really awesome and scary and emotional and just all around great. But all good thing must come to an end. Or in this case, a pause. See you later.
Dapper Fellow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I do believe I heard that the team behind Attack On Titan planned to finish the manga before they created a season 2. Don't take my word for it however.

As much as I enjoy Attack on Titan, I concur that it does have some pacing issues. Keeps you well on the edge of your seat, but eventually that edge makes your butt sore and you wish they would just move the story forward.

That being said, I heard the manga is even more drawn out. So if what I said about season two hold true (lets hope not) its going to be quite some time before we see anymore titans, by George.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
considering the manga has at least another 5 years, waiting for it to end before starting a new season would incredibly dumb.
Dapper Fellow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
considering the manga has at least another 5 years, waiting for it to end before starting a new season would incredibly dumb.

Well, that depends... we don't really know what sort of production theory is in play. A few questions to ask would be along the lines of: is the anime secondary to the manga in the minds of the creators? Is the anime a perfected vision of the manga? Does the manga serve to bridge interest for a 2nd higher quality season with a much longer production cycle? Is the story still being roughed out as its written?

But, we don't know Very Happy We could always check this site for the latest news, but even then, even they only know what they think they know. The series creators aren't going to lay all their cards on the table in terms of their production strategy. After all anime is still an EXTREMELY saturated and competitive business endeavor, and disclosing all your possible production strategies to the press is foolish. Also given the nature of the industry, they are likely to switch strategies quickly in order to maximize success of the franchise. What holds true today, might change drastically 3 months from now or whenever the market shifts. This is magnified if they haven't seriously started full production yet. Its easier to wait, watch, and get your production started right, than to jump the gun and have to change gears midway to accommodate a flux in the market.

Its always good to please your fans, but its even better to please your fans and earn an income.

All that being said, there is plenty of other cool stuff to watch in the meantime.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 Announced! Coming 2016!

I didn't know what thread to post this in, so I chose the most recent.
It hasn't been mentioned on the front page as of yet but apparently the second season was announced at the end of the first movie, premiered today in Japan and is due out in 2016.

I've got the link http://otakomu.jp/archives/182445.html here, though someone would have to be kind enough to translate it.

I'm very interested to see how this season would go. Having read up to book 15, there are a few fantastic set pieces but most of it is politics. Don't get me wrong, its right up my street but for the action hungry.. maybe not so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6