• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell Arise #1-2's English Dub Cast Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ResistNormal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
I think they should have gone with the The Stand Alone Complex Dub.
First The GITS:SAC Dub is one that is those highly regarded, almost at a Cowboy Bebop level.
The Other reason is the number one Law buy which all North American Anime companies should remember: If you give the fans a reason (even the tiniest reason) they will not support you and turn to another source.
Like it or not This simple fact Has always been true.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
I wish they had gone with the GitS:SAC voice actors. They were perfect in those roles. I don't generally like dubs but GitS was the rare show where I'd rather not watch it at all if I couldn't watch it dubbed.

Now that both languages opted to throw the baby out with the bathwater, I'll just watch it in Japanese. I hope there's a good reason for this... like in the final episode everyone gets their larynx ripped out and have to get cyber ones that aren't a perfect match, which would explain why you couldn't have the same VA.
nuprotocol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
gravediggernalk wrote:
but removing Epcar (Batou), Freeman (Togusa), and Knight (Aramaki) are laughable decisions.

this. I didn't expect Mary or Crispin to voice Motoko and Togusa but without Epcar and Knight I can't give a damn about the dub (unless I somehow get the dvd for free)

signed up just to say that I agree with you 100%. This is EXACTLY how I feel. I will be purchasing the pricey imports because of this decision.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
nuprotocol wrote:
signed up just to say that I agree with you 100%. This is EXACTLY how I feel. I will be purchasing the pricey imports because of this decision.

Or, you know... You could just buy the cheap domestic release and watch it subtitled.

Just throwing that out there. Neutral
hojo 360

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry but Christopher Sabat as batou is fail all around he had a shit jigen as well. This be like him playing jet on bebop it be bad and no one wants it Confused sorry but ill pass. Yes i know jet was played by Beau Billingslea but my point is you can't replace someone like Richard Epcar
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3