• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, August 11-17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Huh. For a while, I thought you had stopped making these, or at least stopped posting them to Twitter, because that's where I notice them.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Whoa Kindaichi and Youkai Watch are doing pretty well then.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
It seems that Pokemon XY is still holding out strong. Smile
Samo2222

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
These last few episodes of Kindaichi have been surprisingly engaging. Well-deserved ratings there.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
Why is almost all new anime shows airing not being listed. Are they doing that bad or the ranking so limited. -_-
bigivel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Why is almost all new anime shows airing not being listed. Are they doing that bad or the ranking so limited. -_-

This doesn't shows titles that don't appear are doing bad given that the ones in this list are doing Amazingly. What this shows is that those titles aren't doing as amazingly as these 10.

Note that Majority of new anime are from late night, so they don't rate very high normally.

Counting the new shows of this season you have 44 titles, if you add the titles from the last season that continued to this season you have 70 titles. Note that this top 10 list doesn't have any of those titles, so we have at least 80 titles running right now every week(In reality there is more, like Naruto, HunterxHunter, Anpanman, Inazuma eleven, ...). Knowing how 10 titles do of +80 is super limited.
There was a time were it was shown a lot more than top 10. Unfortunately these information doesn't go to the public any more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1