• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Space Brothers, AKB48 Founder, Others Take the "Ice Bucket Challenge"

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
willag wrote:
Once you get nominated by someone to complete the ALS ice bucket challenge, you can choose to either record video of yourself getting dumped with a bucket of ice water or donate online at the ALS website. You nominate other people to complete the challenge, which keeps the ball rolling.

So, we're watching all those who would rather get a bucket of ice than contribute? Confused

(I've often felt the same about other charities, but...)

No the actual challenge is to do the ice bucket and then donate at least $10. If you don't do it within 24 hours of being nominated, you have to donate $100. Either way, you're supposed to donate. And when doing the ice bucket you're supposed to at least mention ALS and preferably attach a link to the website to spread the word. That's technically the proper way to do it. Course I've seen much more creative videos that work really well, as well as some videos of people who are clearly just doing it for attention.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
Interesting. But wasn't this story based off of someone in the US that was announced in the news some months ago? Now it seems a lot of people have been doing it. Glad to see the activism go global. I'd been curious to that name LGD aka ALS.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2