• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

It looks like Hatoko may already think that they are a couple, they apparently hang out a lot, which is kind of weird. I thought that the two main were kind of childhood friends and the closets, but it seems a bit more messy.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quote
That episode was too good.

At this point, I'll be let down if andou and Tomoyo don't end up together. And I don't get invested in this stuff.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 5

It looks like Hatoko may already think that they are a couple, they apparently hang out a lot, which is kind of weird. I thought that the two main were kind of childhood friends and the closets, but it seems a bit more messy.

Your post confuses me a bit. It was established that Hatoko and Ando are childhood friends, which is why they'd hang out a lot. Tomoyo has been in the main girl spot this whole time but she apparently hasn't known Ando as long.

Anyways, this episode did a good job showing that Tomoyo and Ando wouldn't be so bad together. They definitely have a better bond than most violent tsundere/hapless male couples do.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Well that was fun knowing a bit more about spoiler[Sayumi and her past. Not my favorite episode but it was still amusing especially in the beginning and there were two scenes when characters freaked out for a moment.]

The fights are so priceless though Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the episode preview, me thinks this episode and the last got switched around.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

We've had an episode for each girl, with spoiler[Hakoto's] seemingly coming next week from the preview, but this weeks was spoiler[Sayumi's] turn.

I felt quite sad for spoiler[Sayumi with her losing her old friends by prioritising her role as Student Council President at her last school]. She did seem perfect for the role, but thanks goes to spoiler[Andou for 'saving' the day again with his chuuni ways.]

spoiler[Sayumi] looked really cute in glasses and her interrupting Andou's Dark and Dark chant was just brilliant... Oh, and did I mention she looks cute in glasses. Razz
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Looking at the episode preview, me thinks this episode and the last got switched around.

Yeah, would make sense. You think that's why this weeks episode was delayed by a day or so?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Oh, and did I mention she looks cute in glasses. Razz

She looks her cutest in the opening credits (which did not show this episode) when she is sitting on the train and realizes what she is reading is somehow indecent. She checks to see if the older man sitting next to her noticed and fortunately he is asleep. Then she keeps reading it.

I really wonder what it was she was reading.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
^Never noticed that opening sequence thing, lol!

This episode was pretty boring. The whole point was to create drama where there was none. I'd rather they explore how Sayumi got those awesome martial arts skills. It felt so out of place after last episode, too. They spent all last episode focusing on potential romantic drama, and there was no follow up. No one even got a significant amount of screentime besides Sayumi, her sister, and Jurai (aka "July". I really liked that touch. The video game intro was cute).

Is it really possible that they switched this week's and next week's episodes? *Thinks of Shirobako* Guess it is! Looking forward to next week, then.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
She looks her cutest in the opening credits (which did not show this episode) when she is sitting on the train and realizes what she is reading is somehow indecent. She checks to see if the older man sitting next to her noticed and fortunately he is asleep. Then she keeps reading it.

I really wonder what it was she was reading.

Not sure why you think it was indecent. Get your mind outta the gutter! Laughing

Whatever she was reading, it made her laugh and suddenly laughing like that in public can be pretty embarassing.

Agent355 wrote:
The whole point was to create drama where there was none.

I think that's a pretty funny punch line. You see it all the time in anime where minor comments can cause huge problems but it got subverted here.

Agent355 wrote:
I'd rather they explore how Sayumi got those awesome martial arts skills.

I'm sure her training to be a "perfect human" involved learning martial arts.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:22 am Reply with quote
I like Sayumi at least, she feels like a non too harsh version of her trope. There was a good fakespoiler[-out in that there was not any resentment against him] and I think it came out well. Indeed, the glasses looked the best.

Vaisaga wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Your post confuses me a bit. It was established that Hatoko and Ando are childhood friends, which is why they'd hang out a lot. Tomoyo has been in the main girl spot this whole time but she apparently hasn't known Ando as long.

That feels a little shocking, like the character types are the opposite of the original. The tsunder is often the childhood friend while the soft one has kind of been swept in and might need to be protected.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
There are many flavours of childhood friends. The kind, supportive, patient childhood friend is just as common as the violent tsundere one. The former always has a lower chance of winning, though. Because nice girls always finish last in anime.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quote
Well not always, but I prefer Tomoyo over Hatoko anyway so I don't mind at all.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Well, that was quite an impacting episode coming from spoiler[Hatoko. Her rage was something I didn't even expect with her "I DON'T UNDERSTAND". And of course, she is also in a bit of trouble now.]

I hope spoiler[Andou can save her though just like he did in the past.]

On another note, the spoiler["Time is Guilty" scene from the latest episode were fun for some chuckles imo.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Andou was so stunned that his bowels froze too so I shat my pants for him. Hell just froze. Jeez.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9