• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Pretty good episode. I'm a bit confused about this anime's title. It's still
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life in ANN, but in CR it's When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace however the title inside the anime is still translated as the former. Weird. I'm guessing that ANN will change it to the latter soon.

Based on the preview and the ending of this episode, the next episode will focus on spoiler[Chifuyu]? I have to get mentally prepared so that I won't get melted.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

A pretty good one for character specific reasons. Andou has pretty much already spoiler[told two of the members to not try specific uses of their powers as it would create a number of problems from thinking about their use]. The power to spoiler[bring back the dead] would be a bit of a burden for one to have. Mixed with the fact he saspoiler[ved another from a name they did not like by using another name with fire, and that Endless Paradox was already a nickname], I wonder if their powers were not random.

Also, the spoiler[older brother] was totally just trying to spoiler[show off on the phone, chances are there was no one on the other end.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
A pretty good one for character specific reasons.

But no other reasons. I can't see where this is going.

It is sort of funny that the two biggest Chuuni in the story also are top students.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:48 am Reply with quote
I'm really loving the characters of this show. They ways they interact with each other are just great. I really hope we get to see more of Sagami, I was actually laughing out loud during the scene with him, Andou, and their teacher, especially the line about Andou creating original characters so he can insert himself into every new anime. Laughing

I wonder what's up with Kiryuu...he can't be just another chuunibyou and spoiler[Tomoyo's brother], can he?

An next episode, spoiler[Chifuyu quit school??] Will be interesting to see how that plays out...
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Ha, that was amusing to watch. spoiler[Andou looks like he admits something new again LOL. Glad to know that Chifuyu made up with her friend there as well.]

This might of been a funnier episode if it aired on spoiler[Halloween though with all those cosplays too....]. I'm not sure which one I like the most though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Kinda felt like this week's episode was 50% drama, 30% harem and only 20% comedy, whereas episode 1/2 were more like 70% comedy, 20% harem, 10% drama. Kinda wish they would go back to comedy. : (
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

That is the second time in a week I have seen a spoiler[guy in a maid uniform]. For some reason I liked that scene the most, and because it was humorous not other reasons. Should I be admitting to enjoyed seeing spoiler[Chifuyu putting on the bondage clothes]?
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
This was a very sweet episode. The scene at the end where spoiler[Chifuyu made up with her friend] was so adorable.

Now that I think about it, if I had the power to create anything, I'd probably, at some point, use it to make spoiler[instant cosplay] too...spoiler[Andou actually doesn't look too bad in that maid outift, and Hatoko as the sun was cute and funny. I was a bit disappointed that she didn't try to "get into character" by shooting out some fire, though...] Laughing
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Should I be admitting to enjoyed seeing spoiler[Chifuyu putting on the bondage clothes]?

Probably not, given that "Cookie" has no problem with her friend being in tight with Andou, a spoiler[self proclaimed lolicon.]
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm currently watching through episode 3 (I'm slow, sue me) and I have to say that the mid-episode scenes with Kiryuu and Jurai welded my Fudanshi goggles to my face. For an otakubait harem show that was...a lot of probably unintended homoeroticism. And don't tell me my goggles are on too tight, Jurai was practically about fellate Kiryuu in that restaurant scene.

The beginning with Sagami also triggered my goggles. Sorry, it just goes nuts when two male characters start arguing so passionately Twisted Evil

(Also Sagami's ponytail is hot. But what kind of super nerdy otaku would have hair that nice?)
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Well that was fun. That spoiler[poor guitar though...but oh well, it can be repaired right? The episode highlights more of Tomoyo and Andou's relationship which I think is fun to watch. They are also two of the most prominent characters from the series so it makes sense.]

I'm hoping spoiler[Dark and Dark does something interesting in the future though besides being a cool sparkling flame.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

spoiler[Andou and Tomoyo sitting in a tree...]

Great little episode, this show never fails to bring the fun. Apart from the badly timed spoiler[5 o'clock bell it was going so well for Andou and Tomoyo]. So far if this does turn into a Harem show, then those spoiler[two seem to be best matched at present.] Though spoiler[Hatoko] may have something to say about that.

If I had one slight niggle with the show it's that there has been a spoiler[lack of Mirei] the past few episodes. Other than that, It looks like spoiler[Sayumi] is getting more screen time next week... Yay! Razz
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:23 pm Reply with quote
This show does character based humor really well, and Andou is actually an interesting (and funny) character, rather than a cardboard cut out. I liked the humor with him last week, although the loli admission freaked me out a bit, and it relied on an underwear gag. This week was pure character stuff-spoiler[I was proud of muself for getting where they were going when Andou brought in a guitar case-"he wants them to pay attention to him, so they're going to ignore him"-yet it was still funny onscreen.]

My biggest issue with this show is that the dramatic and sentimental moments are too mushy and a bit overplayed. They play a heavy handed "serious scene" score and the characters get super serious. It makes me nervous that they're going to try their hands on a completely dramatic storyline and the whole show will go downhill. It's the humor that makes it special. The drama is so generic. That said, I enjoyed spoiler[the date] in ep 5 and am curious with how they're going to resolve that spoiler[drama bomb of Hatoko seeing Ayumi and Andou together without explanation. I think she might just keep it to herself until she shows signs of distress, than Andou will force her to talk about it in a "serious scene" and clear up the misunderstanding that he and Ayumi are in any way dating--except Ayumi will see him say that and be hurt that he doesn't consider her girlfriend material, and the misunderstandings and hurt feelings will go on. That's all kind of predictable, though. ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
This show does character based humor really well, and Andou is actually an interesting (and funny) character, rather than a cardboard cut out.

I agree with him being unexpectedly interesting, but not the part about him being a cardboard cutout. Unless you mean that he's a pretty tropish harem lead.

But his out-of-left-field observations and insights have a habit of throwing even his friends for a loop let alone the audience. That one-on-one with Tomoyo actually had several decent LOL moments and she's lucky Andou is not a blackmailing type. Instead to her own surprise Andou actually was able to help her work through her conflicts about her private life. Pretty interesting actually.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I think you misread me, because I was praising the show for *not* making Andou a cardboard cutout, unlike most harem leads.

His voice actor has been impressing me with his range of tones, from sincere to off the wall wacky to shounen manga type monologuing. Great stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9