• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Parasyte -the maxim- (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
If by "exotic" you mean "utterly terrifying", then sure.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
Pretty good adaptation so far. They've changed a few things and modernised the setting, but the core story and characters seem to be mostly intact. I just hope they can afford this level of quality in the rest of the series.

Changes from the manga:
spoiler[-Shinichi being wimpier, he didn't have a fear of bugs or glasses in the manga.
-Instead grabbing Murano's boob Migi felt up some random girl's shoulder, pretty tame by today's standards.
-Instead of saving some little girl Shinichi got into trouble with some bullies who Migi Beat up.
-Tachikawa's role was much smaller in the manga, she only showed up for a few chapters.
-The dog was just some stray dog instead of a corgi. Also, they got the heart right this time, in the manga it was a human heart almost the size of Shinichi's head. Chalk it up to the mangaka's poor grasp of dog anatomy...]
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Blood-, you obviously didn't watch enough hentai/tentacle rape in your youth Razz
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I blame my Amish upbringing. Lotsa barn-raising stuff but not so much with the hentai and tentacles. Wink
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
When I get tired of the music from last season's anime, the next season always steps it up. I love it. The timing of the BGM in episode one was just perfect, especially during that short engage and fight scene. Looking forward to this anime even though it's wasn't exactly my first choice for this season.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Blood-, you obviously didn't watch enough hentai/tentacle rape in your youth Razz

I have, and I've never seen a tentacle monster practice autofellation. they are usually busy ravaging magical girls who suck at their job.

anyways, back on track, I liked what I saw, so I'm sticking with it
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
...they are usually busy ravaging magical girls who suck at their job.

Being a magical girl seems like a tough gig. Most other jobs if you suck at them, you might get a bad performance review or even laid off, but at least you don't have to worry about getting the high hard one, tentacle-wise.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Good episode again. I really like how spoiler[Madhouse is faithfully adapting the important elements of this series. Anyways, the violence continues although the teasing from Migi was a bit amusing to watch, even at school lol.]

They used the same dubstep music as last time so might have to get used to that. That ending is quite something though....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:16 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Izumi got used to his right hand friend pretty fast.
Having Migi around is proving to be handy.
The bathroom scene was ROFL
It's good Izumi wanted to do something about the killings.
Was surprised Migi resisted the temptation to ditch Izumi.
Guess he likes his host a lot!
Wow, Izumi sure got way cooler & brave too!]
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Aww, man, I was expecting way more out of the spoiler[hand turns into penis] scene. Part of it was probably that they couldn't really show it I'm guessing. TV rules and all. The bathroom scene was new, that was funny and made sense within context.

I am enjoying the fight animation. I know from reading the manga, it could just be a pure blur, but it's actually very clear to follow. The rock catch was awesome looking too.

Since the manga was 12 volumes originally (before getting the kanzenban editions, which is what DelRey and Kodansha used for theirs), about 2 eps per volume works out well and I think it's keeping to that so far (I'm guessing since I'm only familiar with the 8 volume edition). If that's the case, stuff should really kick into high gear around episode 5 or 6.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
This show is crazy, one second I am laughing, next I am terrified and next I am like daww.
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Was spoiler[hoping they would touch on the subject of the dead body he left behind (the dog and now the human). There both still in monster form so people would have found them and it'd be pretty obvious there was something funky going on. Plus there's no reason for Shinichi not to drop in an anonymous phone call to the cop telling them what happened if he want to help (heck he could even saw it was two monster fighting each other, no reason to implicate himself), I'm sure they could get lots of useful info out of the body. Hope it doesn't turn into one of those show you have to ignore a bunch of stuff to enjoy]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Hmm, I did not really think about it before, but the parasites feel quite familiar to what was done in the recent Resident Evil games, the plaga. I think that the thought came to me when I saw the spoiler[head go whip like while the rest looked unchanged].

And as we see he really did not even spoiler[need to ask for a favour, Migi seemed happy to try itself], although a better place and time could have been chosen.
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:38 am Reply with quote
LOL, that bathroom scene. AHAHAHA
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
It's been a while since I've seen a show that mixes the laughs with the chills in quite the same way this one does.

It looks like Shinichi has attached himself to a logic processor of an organism, although it's hard to deny its logic regarding the existence of devils and demons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 26