• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Jeez just how many times can Kaisar fall and survive anyway.

Some eternal angels seem to have spoiler[bit the dust.] And not just any angels either if I'm not mistaken they all came from the Seraphim didn't they?

That little Necromancer loli is a helluva useful little player. I wonder how spoiler[Michael] knew what her spoiler[antidote] was and how to use it.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

Some eternal angels seem to have spoiler[bit the dust.] And not just any angels either if I'm not mistaken they all came from the Seraphim didn't they?

only theirspoiler[ physical bodies] it seems.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Someone give Kaisar a Red Bull. At least the duck finally proved useful...sort of. I've been suspicious of spoiler[Lavalley] for the last couple of episodes, though I couldn't point to anything definite as to why, other than bad vibes and too convenient in places.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

I guess that explains the problems withspoiler[ Lavalley's story, he was in on the plan]. Actually by the spoiler[gods showing up I wonder if there is not just demons in on releasing Bahamut but gods too]. Why did spoiler[Kaisar shoot Favaro, he had the antidote on him]? In general the episode had a sense of awesomeness that I had to repeat a few scenes to soak it in proper, it becomes really easy to get immersed in it.

No talking in the preview this time, just epic music and next episode title "Rage of Bahamut", I am hyped for the finale.

Also need to add that I totally love Rita's theme, I remember it used when revealed she was now a zombie and I can't help but enjoy when it is used.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
I'm willing to wager that Kaiser's spoiler[arrow had the antidote on the end of it,] because of course it does.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
I'm willing to wager that Kaiser's spoiler[arrow had the antidote on the end of it,] because of course it does.

I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the case, but I still think that surely there must've been a better way for him to spoiler[administer the antidote.]

Anyway, wow, that was awesome to watch. Even Bacchus got to be pretty cool, who would've thought? And good that spoiler[Jeanne got turned back to normal, although after turning into a demon in front of the king and his court and killing three archangels, I'm not really sure that she has anything to go back to.]

And so spoiler[Lavalley turns out to be some sort of villain after all...] I was kind of hoping this wouldn't be the case, but oh well.

I'm going to miss this show a lot after next week. Maybe once it's over I can do a rewatch to see how many things I can recognize as references to the game (which yes, I did start playing after watching the show, which I'm sure was one of their goals in making the anime in the first place, so...mission accomplished? Smile ).
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the case, but I still think that surely there must've been a better way for him to spoiler[administer the antidote.]

What is sort of annoying is that the story had the benighted Kaiser pursuing and attempting to kill Favaro for years and ending up face down in a mud puddle every time. Then Favaro gets turned into a demon, supposedly powered up super strong and powered up and red LED-eyes and magic and everything and Kaiser is able to spoiler[nail him with one shot.]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:

More wise, perhaps, but what method would be manlier than full penetration? Wink

And as for Jeane, spoiler[what better excuse to wander off with a bunch of rogues at the end of it?]

Quote:
What is sort of annoying is that the story had the benighted Kaiser pursuing and attempting to kill Favaro for years and ending up face down in a mud puddle every time.

Part of what that shows, however, is that the entire time, Kaiser was sort of holding back/goofing around, because he wasn't really that serious about it. It's also worth factoring in that Favro's natural style is very chaotic and evasive, while demon Favro was more direct and power-based, so potentially easier to hit.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Great show overall, imo one of the best from Fall season. Great acting from spoiler[Favaro in this finale. The guy deserves an Oscars. Even more so, I'm glad he regained this ended well. Favaro and Kaisar were able to put their differences aside; although not sure with the aftermath since they remain rivals D:]

Action was great overall for this show as well. spoiler[The ending (rather ED card) might imply another season?] I hope this season gets sequel!

Rating this as very good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 / finale

spoiler[AMIRAAAA Surprised]

So, a lot of er, light this episode Laughing, which became a bit jarring at times. However, everything else looked pretty epic. Especially that moment when they spoiler[traveled on Hansa to Bahamut while flying over/under the different barriers.]
I would've liked to see more of some things. For example: what is spoiler[Rita doing now]? It was nice to see the spoiler[angels, demons and all working together, but it would've been nice to see more about how they came to that point and what their relationship is right now].

But hey, the end card said spoiler['I'll be back'.]

Anyway, this anime wasn't the deepest in terms of plot. Maybe it's because of the limited time and the fast pacing. We got a spoiler[main villain without much background] and a plot that is neither really difficult nor very innovative, but they did wrap everything up in a satisfying way. I prefer that to a show with a story so complicated that it can only end with its plot elements in shambles, confusion and a glimpse of the greatness it promised or used to be.
The characterization was really well done and the fight scenes, music and animation looked so epic (aside from some intentional brightness which was a bit too much). Both Favaro, Kaisar and Amira grew throughout the show and their motives and mannerisms were explained well. I think my favorite character is Rita. She's cool, kicks ass and she's useful in almost every scene. I wish I was that awesome.
So, not everything is perfect, but it was such an entertaining show. I'll give it an Excellent for now, based on my enjoyment.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I thoroughly enjoyed that windup, but spoiler[why did Favaro have to cut off Kaisar's arm to collect the bounty? Wasn't Kaisar close enough when he was dangling by his head? :) ]
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
The epilogue at the end was too quick, we didn't even see Rita and the big bounty hunter Sad But I guess that's the prize of having the rest of the episode very well paced and flowing and forgetting that everything ended too shortly, so I'm happy that the rest of the scenes were still pretty cool! In this episode was clear the budget and time were missing a little bit but it still was cool to look at and hey, they invested their money well during all the show, not only for the first episodes. The last scene with Favaro and Amira was also cute and kind of sad. Overall very entertaining show, much more than anyone expected.

And GIF for posterity (sorry if all the effects in the background make it too big).

Gina Szanboti wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed that windup, but spoiler[why did Favaro have to cut off Kaisar's arm to collect the bounty? Wasn't Kaisar close enough when he was dangling by his head? Smile ]

spoiler[Yes, that was a little "uh?", although I guess Kaisar is perfectly cool with that... and even if he cured Favaro he still hit him with an edge in his chest, so payback? =) ~~]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
If you are asking why Favaro spoiler[had to cut Kaisar's hand off, well apparently it was Kaisar's idea] based on the dialogue.

Episode 12

I have felt a bit meh about a number of finale this season, but this was actually a pretty good one. We got reveals of the spoiler[villain that at least fit in somewhat, some good fights, and at least seeing lots of characters]. Rita was a great character but we got a lot from our others with spoiler[Favaro and Kaisar supporting each other and seems becoming healthy rivals]. The bit with Favaro and spoiler[Amelia], I think something likely done intentionally would be the spoiler[nickname to Favaro as "Fava" which sounds a lot like "Father"]. We could get into all sorts of icky thoughts of saying that he was spoiler[like his father, but that she said his whole name now I think says something about a relationship between them].

The ending really was pretty bitter sweet, but I found it more hopeful than anything "I'll be back" means they want to make another season, and I really want to watch it. I think this has been my highlight of the season, I think Favaro has been a really interesting "hero", and really pretty cool. I rate this series as Excellent, you could probably show this to non anime fans and they would also enjoy it, some sound production values and little pandering to otaku. And again fun characters without being crazy.

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
IFfare asking why Favaro spoiler[had to cut Kaisar's hand off, well apparently it was Kaisar's idea] based on the dialogue.

Why, because he didn't think it was manly enough spoiler[to do it while Martinet/Lavalley/de Rais was dangling him at arm's length?]

I know why they did it the way they did it, because more exciting and action-y and great badass lines for Favaro out of it and all that, but logically, it made no sense, except that spoiler[Kaisar is at heart a knight and not a bounty hunter, so he forgot he could do that.]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:39 am Reply with quote
If Kaiser had tried to spoiler[activate the bounty bracer while Lavalley was holding him, Lavalley would have just shut him up. They had to catch him off guard because there's a casting time involved.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7