• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:16 am Reply with quote
All out war!
The truth finally surfaced.
Lavalley/Gilles de Rais manipulated with practically everyone.
Favaro vs Kaisar. That just felt wrong..
Still, those two managed to outsmart him.
Amira - Favaro final moments were nice ^^
It was interesting to see angels and demons working together.
Well, looks like some things never change.
Favaro & Kaisar lives seem to be forever intertwined.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
If Kaiser had tried to spoiler[activate the bounty bracer while Lavalley was holding him, Lavalley would have just shut him up. They had to catch him off guard because there's a casting time involved.]

spoiler[It's 3 words. It took Favaro less than two seconds to say them in the first episode, and he didn't have to shout or say them with dramatic conviction or anything.] His delivery back then was equivalent to "How's the weather." Very Happy
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Ohoni wrote:
If Kaiser had tried to spoiler[activate the bounty bracer while Lavalley was holding him, Lavalley would have just shut him up. They had to catch him off guard because there's a casting time involved.]

spoiler[It's 3 words. It took Favaro less than two seconds to say them in the first episode, and he didn't have to shout or say them with dramatic conviction or anything.] His delivery back then was equivalent to "How's the weather." Very Happy

It is sort of anticlimactic to have the ultimate evil bad guy to be brought from the pinnacle of his acheivement and evil chortling to totally defeated non-entity in a credit-card sized token by uttering three words.

Is Bacchus the most super god ever or what?
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
It's worth considering that spoiler[putting him into card form isn't necessarily permanent, and that if there is a season 2, he could potentially return.]
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, without those clips in it, Kaisar's hair is really pretty and fluffy-looking. I'm kind of jealous. Laughing

And with that out of the way...

This was a great finale for the show. Favaro especially was great to watch, we got to see a lot of emotions from him that he probably usually keeps hidden away. spoiler[His final conversation with Amira] was very touching.

I also thought that having the series end with spoiler[Favaro and Kaisar chasing each other on horseback again, but this time as friends rather than enemies] was a very nice touch. spoiler[Not too fond of Favaro's new facial hair, though. Confused And my only real major complaint, they didn't show what happened to Rita afterward! Come on, it could've been done in like, 20 seconds, I'm sure...]

And as for spoiler[whether it was really necessary to cut off Kaisar's arm, I know we don't really ever see much about how the whole process of catching a bounty works, but surely it can't just be about saying the three words, can it? Otherwise bounty hunting would be ridiculously easy and everyone would be doing it. I'd say maybe it was something like needing to wear down the target first, but Gilles de Rais still seemed fine even after being stabbed and they got him anyway, so I actually have no idea.]

Obviously, since I enjoyed this show so much, I would love a second season, but I think a movie could also be good. spoiler[Trying to find a way to bring Amira back] sounds like something that could work well as a movie plot.

FAVAROOO!! Very Happy
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
Otherwise bounty hunting would be ridiculously easy and everyone would be doing it.

Probably the part where these types of bounties usually summon mighty and horrific demons to protect them discourages a lot of people from entering the trade. Smile But if you look at the first episode, it appears that once you get past those guys, there's really not much to it other than maybe spoiler[getting the bracelet close enough to the target. You obviously don't even have to look them in the eye. That's why I'm going with my original theory that Kaisar just temporarily forgot he was still a bounty hunter in the heat of the moment.]

I don't much care for spoiler[the chin fuzz either, but I think it's hilarious that it's as poofy as his afro.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I don't much care for spoiler[the chin fuzz either, but I think it's hilarious that it's as poofy as his afro.]

Probably one of the better attributes about Favaro from a artistic view is that they managed to avoid making him look too pretty.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised this anime had the highest rated first episode in the preview considering it was all about an annoying (voice) anime character running around and nothing else.

But I'd rather not judge (this anime because shiny pink hair) based on the first episode alone. I hope the second won't be the same.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:21 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I'm surprised this anime had the highest rated first episode in the preview considering it was all about an annoying (voice) anime character running around and nothing else.

But I'd rather not judge (this anime because shiny pink hair) based on the first episode alone. I hope the second won't be the same.

There is a lot that goes on from first episode that goes beyond an annoying character running around. What many seemed drawn to was the style, it was cool, it was pretty much un-anime like, and did not even feel the need to have a heroic main character.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:05 am Reply with quote
The ending has been a little disappointing:

1) Belzebub demon has turned out to be a spoiler[child who was fooled by a third-party with nonsense baseless claims that he will be able to control the big dragon]. There is no way anyone other than imbecile would believe in such talks in the given settings. You do not cheapen villains that way as authors did it here.

2) Whole drama about spoiler[whether to kill Amira or not] is fake since the big dragon, once awakened, would destroy all of the existence. It is not like Amira would be able to live happily or at all, according to what was expected. So the choice was either Amira will be spoiler[killed] beforehand, or everybody, including Amira, will spoiler[die] anyway;

3) spoiler[Hand-chopping] scene was not convincing. There was nothing long/complex to be done with the bounty hunter's bracelet to activate it what could not be done by just knight "accidentally" approaching the antagonist during the fight -- with his spoiler[hand] still being on.

Otherwise, this anime was very good.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
^ 1) Only holds true if your characters are aware they're in a particular type of setting and not just living in the world. Lucifer was promised things he expected to receive, and was pissed when he was betrayed, although I did have a sense he didn't entirely trust Beel anyway. And since Beel apparently thought he could control Bahamut because he awakened him, whatever he said about that part was said with genuine conviction, which tends to make others believe you.

2) That drama wasn't fake. Given Favaro's attitude that fate isn't set in stone, he was looking for a way out that didn't entail killing her, right down to the wire. That's what friends do. If you're terminal and contagious, they don't kill you straightaway, they do what they can to find a cure. It might not be the coldly logical thing to do, but it's what people do.

3) agreed

Overall, coming from you, this is indeed high praise for this series! Very Happy
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015)

Spoilers Reminder for Marathon Discussion: Tag all spoilers within your post(s) and record the episode number(s) you're discussing at the top of your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7