• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Favaro got himself a tail ROFL
He also got into an interesting contract.
This anime is pretty amusing too.
The white haired demon girl spoiler[Amira] is very impressive.
spoiler[Favaro's betrayal backfired fast!
He's so not getting rid of her anytime soon.]

Gonna be watching this one.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
It is real surprising to see one of the best fall anime is based off the lore of a card game. I really like the subtle humor, like when Amira was the one to destroy the bridge despite Favaro's attempt.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

I think that I can this is something pretty good. Starting off with the demons, gods, and golems, there are parts in this series that just look epic. I still think Favaro is kind of annoying and in general not very good guy, but I can see where he is coming from, making him do horrible things is brave in one sense. But still the show feels quite epic, the use of music and imagery during parts to do with demons and angels (gods), I can only think of an opera in terms of scale.

Amira is a really cool character, how she changed into a demon is only one part of that. The other part I find was the really well done bar scene where she spoiler[digs into the food, enjoys the drink, and has a dance followed by her going for a soak]. It was good exploration of her character, and makes me think of a certain wise wolf.

I also quite like how the culture is shown. Probably something that really is meaningless, but when I was looking at her clothes before with the coat and hat it really reminded me of the Fable games, reminded me right of clothes I would have a character wear, a lot of the outfits where she then changed and than got settled on also reminded me of some of the clothes from the games. It is probably nothing, but as someone who plays RPGs it was just something I was thinking.

A theory, I think that the spoiler[one wing] thing hints that Amira is spoiler[only half demon, the other half either human like that knight we saw earlier or god as in that is what her mother is].
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I really like the subtle humor, like when Amira was the one to destroy the bridge despite Favaro's attempt.

Well, he did loosen it for her (although he would have been better off hitting the four horizontal ropes than the six verticals).
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 2: Wow. The action scenes in this show are great but I'm really liking the characters too. They're all quite entertaining and already show some chemistry too. Favaro is the perfect bastard hero and he plays off the straight laced Kaisar very well. And you know what? Amira is great too. It's very easy with character dynamics like this for the lone female character to be a bit of a drag in her own right, merely there to be played off the two guys. But no, that's not at all the case. Amira is a wonderfully energetic, thoroughly entertaining personality. Honestly, right now I kinda hope the show doesn't try to add too much actual plot. That feels like the only way this show could still trip itself up.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

A theory, I think that the spoiler[one wing] thing hints that Amira is spoiler[only half demon, the other half either human like that knight we saw earlier or god as in that is what her mother is].

I think spoiler[Joan Arc might be her mother. When I first saw her I thought it was Amira, but I checked MAL and saw they are different characters. The knight with the moustache that had the same amulet was also in the flashback with Joan Arc. He was the one that said to release the golems.]
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm not too fond of the opening song, but the ending song is beautiful enough to make up for that.

From her scenes in the first episode, I wasn't quite sure what to make of Amira, but after seeing more of her personality in this episode, I quite like her. I loved the whole scene with her and Favaro in the bar, as well as the scene that directly follows it.

So glad that this show continues to both look great and be interesting.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
I'm not too fond of the opening song, but the ending song is beautiful enough to make up for that.

I dislike heavy metal songs but I thought the OP was an amazing song.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Favaro got him in the middle of a huge mess.
He's just not seeing the bigger picture yet.
The one winged demon girl shared a bit of her story.
Lidford also shared some of his past.
He found himself in an interesting place..
Zombie town fight was pretty good.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Another solid episode. Well, if you like spoiler[zombies, then good chance you'll like this one too. It was also great to see a little bit of background story of both Amira and Kaisar too.]

Action was decent as usual.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
So now Kaiser's spoiler[got himself a little zombie girl companion?] Shocked Can't say I would've ever expected that...and I'm not even sure how it's possible spoiler[(why is she not just a shambling corpse?)], but I'm guessing/hoping it'll be explained later.

This was another great episode. Some backstory for Kaiser, a bit more info on Amira, a pretty cool action scene near the end...and it seems like next episode spoiler[we'll be getting a little closer to Helheim?] Looking forward to it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
Episode3 (Fog of Nebelville)

This episode was awesome. I don't want to bring this up like I am just trying to compare it to something I like or don't have much experience with fantasy, but I was reminded of the Fable video game series again. The dark swampy setting of a town covered in fog, and an old town that spoiler[has actually fallen into disrepair where the dead walk]. I totally love this setting. This show is good at creating settings and other fantasy elements. I can only describe their uses angel filled heavens, demon lairs, and spoiler[undead swamps] as fantastic.

It would appear Rita spoiler[was affected by the book not only by keeping her youth while it was in her possession, but once infected as a zombie she was able to keep who she was able to stay herself]. The scene where we saw the truth spoiler[of the town and her being attacked] was intense, not for flashy magical attacks, but just looked good. I actually spoiler[look forward to her continued part as the undead child actually older], and voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro, extra points.

Personally I am not too fond of the idea of spoiler[zombies spreading through bites in a setting where the zombies are magically brought back]. I believe the biting thing goes back to spoiler[Romero's Living Dead where bites were fatal, although originally it was not what turned them but any dead body that would turn]. Not a big deal, but I thought that if you want to do a more classic fantasy thing, you don't suddenly reveal you are following a modern trend like it is a given.

Actually, I think that I have a theory of something that happened in the episode of the truth, it is that Favaro said that spoiler[the award was small, the thing is who put the bounty out in the first place]. The spoiler[book had been there for 200 years], it had to be someone who spoiler[knew that the book had done something wrong and knew it was in that area]. Although not concrete, basing this with spoiler[Rita being sick of it all], it looks like spoiler[she was the one who placed the bounty, she was fighting against the necromancer as it was using people to defend itself].
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I definitely think that Rita spoiler["survived" as a non-lurcher is because she was an old Necromancer, or likely have plenty of other power she never got around to using. She's presumably undead, but more of a Lich than a zombie. ]

I also have no problem withspoiler[ bite zombies, no reason magically raised zombies can't be infectious. It's not like there are any hard rules to fictional undead.]

Also, loved the scene out the window where spoiler[Amira was chasing the duck.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote
Oh my god. I just saw a picture of a dragon to do with this series, and it totally clicked, I thought the name was familiar. Ages back I thought that I should get a game on my phone, so I downloaded a game for free which I have barely played, and that game is Rage of Bahamut. I really don't have a good idea of how to play, all I know is that I am using an evil Miku, and now I have a Kaiser card and a Favaro & Kaiser card.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Lolis are always welcomed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7