• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Trigger (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
He seems to feel a personal relationship with the ones he's created, unlike most people who view them as expendable. He also has pretty limited supplies of Trion to remake them, plus keep Lithith humming along.

I dunno, maybe there's more to it that I'm missing.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Osamu got himself in a mess.
Xeno still overprotective about Lilith..
The spoiler[nice little trap was readily waiting for the rescue party.]
Damn that Osamu.. always the weakest link.
Giev is the worst with spoiler[playing Yuma's weaknesess] againt him.
Luckily spoiler[Yuma is not that naive & it just pissed him off!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 59:

I'm starting to wonder how long Lilith can last or if her transformations can take a toll on her lifespan..

Well at any rate, another close call for Osamu.
Poor Chika as well, she was going trying to help the others but ended up getting hurt herself D:

I really don't like those scientists from the scenes. Almost feels like Giev is becoming a victim here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote
I think Giev has been brainwashed or had false memories implanted...or he's like a prototype of what Lilith is.

But they're starting a new story next week? How about finishing this one first?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:52 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Giev vs Yuma!]
spoiler[New kinds of trion soldiers].. interesting.
spoiler[Osamu's heart-to-heart with Xeno].. nice.
spoiler[Lilith] saved the day, but at a price.
MasterC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely considering checking this show out. For those who have followed it up to now, would you say it's been engaging and keeping you hooked? I've read mixed reviews about the animation. Is the story and characters been strong enough to overcome any animation shortcomings?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
The first half dozen or more episodes are really bad, animation-wise. Off-model to the point where you're not sure what on-model is supposed to be, static frames with no dialog that go on forever (like that Eva shot, except with no point to it besides killing time and saving budget) and other such sins. If you can get through that, and the stupid =3= duck-face characters keep making (that slacks off a bit, but not for a couple dozen episodes), it picks up both in animation and plot.

I'm really enjoying it a lot now, but it takes some patience waiting for it to get off the ground. There's also a ton of padding each episode, so that a typical 24 minute episode contains about 14-16 minutes of actual new content that isn't recap, OP/ED, preview, and the little cutout puppet theater where they review the technical points of the episode.

I'd say if you're not on board by the first dozen episodes, it's probably not going to be your thing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 60:

I think they did a filler episode inside a filler arc LOL...
Not sure how I feel about that Cocoa girl. I wonder if she will make an appearance later on.

Episode sure felt different without Osamu or Yuma in the spotlight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
It is like trucker code to pick up a child and young teenager and take them to another city in the middle of the day, only asking what they are doing after the fact, and taking them on their word, right? If was anything more than the girl trying to run away, it is kind of a stupid idea to just take some random kid at his word who claims to be a powerful fighter from another town, and take him on his word. Anything other than taking him to the police to figure out his actual home, is kind of messed up. But it is all plot convenience.

I really don't like Yotaro, he just seems kind of pointless with everything else in the show. It is not like he has anything special, and they never really explain why he is there anyway, as if he is just some team pet, ironic with his also pointless pet. Although a team pet should be cute, serve some other purpose, or actually be funny, rather than just arrogant and annoying.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:03 am Reply with quote
Rindou's adventures..
Yup, it's a filler!
Guess Border action got mostly paused..
This was only slightly amusing.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:19 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It is like trucker code to pick up a child and young teenager and take them to another city in the middle of the day, only asking what they are doing after the fact, and taking them on their word, right?

Yes, but only if they have a capybara with them. Nutrias are only good for one child pass.

Quote:
...It is not like he has anything special, and they never really explain why he is there anyway...

He's chief Takumi's son. So I guess it's nepotism. Or free babysitting?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:37 pm Reply with quote
right, so I think this is where I bow out. I've steadily been losing interest, so it's time for a break. Never thought I'd get through 60 ep of this back when it started. I'll probably come back after at least a season has passed and I actually want to keep watching
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 61:

So Charon was secretly plotting behind Gieve's back...yikes. It's like what they say, "dynamites come in little packages". I almost feel bad for Gieve this episode, almost.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:34 am Reply with quote
So why did they need to go so roundabout in how they programed Gieve if they could make Charon that way? Did Gieve need to think he was a person? I would think it be unnecessary to have his mission based on angry emotions rather than something more stable, they were going to wipe Lilith. If they wanted to use emotions, why not make him think Lilith was like his precious sister and that Xeno took her away, it would be less of a lie. Which makes me think that they needed to do this to create the situation where he finds out he has been lied to.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:29 am Reply with quote
Still fighting Giev..
Alligment with new world is getting very close.
Wonder how this Giev situation will end.
So far it was pretty evened out.
Guess will see next time..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 19