• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amagi Brilliant Park (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
I was fully expecting him to break the curse with a kiss. Isn't that how fairy tales usually go?

Workable ending, with some emotional moments. Not sure what spoiler[the wizard] was for, unless they're looking at another season.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Good grief, stop saying crap.
Rolling Eyes

How is it crap? Or are you just enjoying everything without standards?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:33 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
How is it crap?

Well, according to the other posters, they seem to care about Latifah's situation and her character.

So yeah, it's crap.

Quote:
Or are you just enjoying everything without standards?

That's hilarious, coming from a guy who actually complained about the lack of fanservice of an eleven-year-old girl in NGNL. Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't be so quick to criticize other people's standards. As far as the show "only caring about Isuzu".......sure she gets more screentime....but that's about it. I still don't really have a grasp on anything deep about her.....and I still find it hard to care about her, 12 episodes in. She's a stoic-faced, walking pair of boobs with a gun about 98% of her screentime and that is boring to me. I don't think she's written any better than Latifah.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote
While I don't particularly approve of Sunny Milk's attitude, he does have a point in that Latifah got too little screentime considering she's the primary motivation driving the plot. She's a sweet, cute kid but not much else. That's enough for most people to make them want to protect that smile but her characterization is still fairly shallow.

Isuzu had that one episode where she struggles with the fact that Kanie is doing a better job than her, and that she doesn't get along well with others. Latifah didn't get anything like that spoiler[until she breaks down crying.]

I was genuinely on the edge of my seat as the clock was ticking down wondering how the day would be saved. And even then the whole time I was expecting spoiler[that dude to come out and say "too bad, it's 1 second past 9! You failed!"]

Having a light hearted final ep after finishing the climax early is rather common. I'm surprised people are surprised.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Even though we guessed that spoiler[they would make it], I was still on the edge of my seat and caught up with the tension. To me the episode was almost perfect having everything I wanted for the finale to achieve.

It's no secret that I'm a big supporter of Sento here, but this episode I totally fell for Latifa. Seeing her release those emotions, whilst hugging Kanie as the clock struck twelve. There was such a sense of relief and happiness when she spoiler[finally called his name.]

Now Sento... That little scene between her and Kanie gives me hope, just a fool's hope, that there's still something between the two.
Kanie spoiler[returning to the park] just put the icing on the cake on a terrific episode and I can't wait to see a light hearted last episode next week.

Whatever happens next week I'm awarding ABP a Masterpiece rating and it's neck on neck with NGNL for my show of the year.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:52 am Reply with quote
You know, when the female lead is Sento and the male lead is Kanie, there isn't any other possibility for romance than Sento x Kanie.
Latifa never was in the competition and I think KyoAni took extreme care that nobody thinks different.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
You know, when the female lead is Sento and the male lead is Kanie, there isn't any other possibility for romance than Sento x Kanie.

But that's not always true. Leads DON'T always end up together. The examples are rare....but they still exist.

Quote:
Latifa never was in the competition and I think KyoAni took extreme care that nobody thinks different.

That's why they already kissed and hugged? Laughing KyoAni didn't do a good job then.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Sento + Kayne = Theory Titanic

Latifa + Kayne = Real Titanic
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Quote:

That's why they already kissed and hugged? Laughing KyoAni didn't do a good job then.

Kissed and hugged, and neither was romantic. If anything, that should be a clear indication that Latifa never was in the game in Kanie's eyes.
To further add, she practically has a 14 year old body and mind, and that age gap is not acceptable in a series like this.
And finally, Sento ship is already all but confirmed. Whether they give it a clear finish by chewing it in our face in the last episode, or don't outright confirm it is up to the last episode, but it doesn't matter much whether they spell it out for us or not.

Once again: Sento = main girl, gets all fanservice and countless characterization, with a big, well endowed body type.
Latifa = plot device, gets no fanservice and little characterization, with a complete opposite body type to Sento.
There's no way they suddenly decide to suicide and turn against the fans they have been catering all this time. Miracles in real life - unlike in Amagi - don't happen. Anime (and LN) industry is business.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
To further add, she practically has a 14 year old body and mind, and that age gap is not acceptable in a series like this.

Uh, Kanie is like, 16. Hardly an issue.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Kissed and hugged, and neither was romantic.

Says you. :p

Quote:

Sir, my top OTP is 14 years apart. Do you think I give a rat's ass about a two year gap?

Quote:
And finally, Sento ship is already all but confirmed.

Oh puh-leeze. Asuna and Yuuki from SAO have more romantic chemistry than THESE TWO. Rolling Eyes

There has been ZERO indications that Seiya sees Sento as more than a co-worker. I'd rather him not end up with anyone if this forced thing is gonna take off at the last second. If Sento even got up her nerve to confess, his answer would totally be "Lol of course." Laughing
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Sento was, and still is the romantic interest.
There's no other romance in the series. Please stop seeing what you want into the series.
It would be nice if Latifa won, but that possibility wasn't ever in the deck. Whenever in doubt, just check the fanservice and screentime allocation.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Fanservice and screentime mean very little. Look, the NOVEL isn't even over yet. I have no idea why you're going "It can't happen it can't happen it can't happen".

I think anything could happen. Pretty sure nothing's going to happen between anyone in this final episode though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
There has been ZERO indications that Seiya sees Sento as more than a co-worker.

In the pirate episode he had a pretty bashful reaction to her outfit. Not in your usual overblown comedic reaction sort of way either. He gave her a genuine compliment in a shy manner.

Also you can't ignore the scene this episode with their awkward farewells.

You know I'd be the first to agree with you if there really was nothing, but that's not the case here.

Chiibi wrote:
Fanservice and screentime mean very little. Look, the NOVEL isn't even over yet. I have no idea why you're going "It can't happen it can't happen it can't happen".

I won't say it can't happen, but it's unlikely it will. I've gone on at length about this topic before but the main girl is usually unbeatable.

Besides, the author didn't let Tessa win in FMP. I doubt he'll let Latifa win here.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

I think anything could happen. Pretty sure nothing's going to happen between anyone in this final episode though.

It can't happen, because titles like this are very clear on the topic. And fanservice/screentime means a lot. Since, you know, the author decides who he wants to favor with these. Ergo it's obvious who Amagi favors.
Also, being the female lead who just happens to be the same age as Kanie is also quite the hint. And finally Kanie treats Latifa like a daughter/little sister, much like how Moffle does. The paralel is clear here as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 14