• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuki Yuna is a Hero (TV) (all seasons + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:37 pm Reply with quote
THIS IMAGE GETS ME SO HYPED BUT SO INFURIATED AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Anyways, the situation was pretty much what I expected. Now Togo has truly earned her happy ending.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so I can relax about Togo but now I have to worry about Yuna ... THESE GIRLS ARE GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME, I SWEAR!!!

And I'm not sure I believe The Agency is finally being straight up with the info it passes on.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Well the Nogi family has serous clout so they can't deny Sonoko anything. Plus they know what happened the last time they lied.

Also recall who that masked figure is.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
Okay, I'll 'fess up - who is that masked figure? The teacher from Wasshi's class?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote
Yup. She always did seem pretty remorseful over what happened.

Last edited by Vaisaga on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote
YOU CAN'T TRUST TEACHERS!!! Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

That was a pretty heart-breaking episode. One of the tenets of the Hero Club was always that if a member had a problem, she should talk about it. Because of the Curse, of course, Yuki had to shoulder the burden of her situation by herself. Awful. I really hope this show isn't going to a place where Yuki actually dies. The guilt Togo is feeling must be huge.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, unless Togo and the others can convince the heavenly gods to spare humanity I can't see any other way for this to end other than Yunna sacrificing herself. Obviously it would suck for that to happen, but yell at her all they want there's literally no other option.

That memorial site always struck me as odd since there's only been 3 hero teams in history so there's no way there should be that many graves. But if all the mikos are there too then that explains it.
Nate148

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
has there only been 3 or do we only know of 3?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
There seemed to be paintings of the three teams we know of in the place so I'd say those really are the only ones.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Nate148 wrote:
has there only been 3 or do we only know of 3?

Yeah, only 3. Novel spoilers: spoiler[After the original NoWaYu team, Taisha had a cease fire with the Vertex. They didn't attack again until WaSuYu.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh hey, Wakaba. Thanks for the assist.

So another dues ex machina type happy ending but for this series it works unlike Madoka's reset button ending. YuYuYu has always been an optimistic series, so having their efforts be rewarded like that is a satisfying payoff rather than a cheap cop out. And no one pulled a kharma houdini either.

Now give us a NoWaYu adaptation already!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:12 pm Reply with quote
And so Yuuna saves the day, I think she might have killed a god or something. The spirits of all the sacrificed girls and the like joined their power to save Yuna, then something with Gyuki (her fairy thing) sacrificed itself to power up Yuna, so then she punched the sky really hard, which turned some of the flame beyond into plants, and Shinju is dead. So my understanding was kind of that Shinju saw how all the humans were, and sacrificed itself to do a big hit against the Vertex, Gyuki being sort of like a conduit for Shinju, they were created from the power of it. Which maybe is symbolic of an older generation choosing to sacrifice it's own goals of a future to instead give the young ones a choice to make their own.

Anyway, just looking at how this second season has been presented is a little weird like in the encyclopedia, I guess it being broken into "Season 2" which was the prequel, and a retelling of what seemed to be in movies, and this second part as a continuation of the first season, Yūsha no Shō, or Hero Chapter. And I guess I should give a rating semi separately.

To be honest the first half of this second season, the Washio parts, was kind of a letdown at first, there was not a lot to it after the connections of the first season, and having a prequel with mostly different characters. Although it ended pretty amazingly when things got really, like the loss of Gin and seeing that affect everything. It was so good I would put the whole thing up to Very good (8/10), managing to show how despite clear being what path things were going, some good execution really paid off, even with the earlier bits.

The Hero Chapter parts though, well after an episode without Togo, nothing really happened that much except for the series lifeblood of Yuna to being depressed in crushed by her circumstance. It makes me think about the funner parts of the franchise, like that one in the Washio part just before things got bad, and just think it was kind of making me feel down, and the ending not really making up for it. I give a rating of Decent (6/10), I kind of wish more happened.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:19 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And so Yuuna saves the day, I think she might have killed a god or something. The spirits of all the sacrificed girls and the like joined their power to save Yuna, then something with Gyuki (her fairy thing) sacrificed itself to power up Yuna, so then she punched the sky really hard, which turned some of the flame beyond into plants, and Shinju is dead.

Basically. The Vertex were sent by the heavenly gods to wipe out humanity (Shinju is a fusion of earth based gods). What showed up here wasn't a Vertex, but the heavenly god itself. Shinju was going to turn all humans into god-wheat because it didn't see any other way for humanity to survive. The girls convinced it to put its faith in humanity and to let them live as humans should. So Shinju granted all of its power to Yuuna and combined with good old human will power Yuuna punched out the heavenly god(s) (not sure if it's an amalgam like Shinju). So with the source of the flames gone Shinju was able to restore to outside world, using up all it's power and dying in the process. So now without Shinju to provide for them, humanity has to pick up the pieces and rebuild their world.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:01 am Reply with quote

So what you are saying is that Yuna is awesome!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 11