• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clock Tower's Spiritual Successor Project Scissors Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
cool, i got the ps1 game, it was clunky as hell but still entertaining to play. There are other games out now that do the run and hide element such as outlast but this will always be the first series i came across that tried it.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Please don't make it like Clock Tower 3
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
cool, i got the ps1 game, it was clunky as hell but still entertaining to play. There are other games out now that do the run and hide element such as outlast but this will always be the first series i came across that tried it.
That was a remake of the SNES original.

Quote:
I agree 100% and no more censored openings either please.

Scissor man is so great, unfortunately this will be on handhelds. Drag.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
The modern survival revival that keeps on giving. Nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:

Quote:

cool, knew the ps1 wasn't the original but didn't know it was a snes game. never had a snes, ours was a sega household.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
too bad it's on Vita, hopefully it'll get a console or PC release at some point

also, Nude Maker? what a name Laughing
nhat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:

Quote:

cool, knew the ps1 wasn't the original but didn't know it was a snes game. never had a snes, ours was a sega household.

SNES version was on in JP though
D-Rock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
Steam release, please.
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:

Well it wouldn't really matter since the game never came out in America. That was back in the censor-happy days of the NES/SNES which stopped us from getting games like Sweet Home and Clock Tower. Nintendo has lightened up a bit since then.

I'm hoping this is more like the first two games rather than the third. The emphasis on scissors would suggest as such since Scissorman was just a minor character in the third game and more like Kefka with a pair of swords than a mutated child serial killer.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:

Sega was always good. The SNES ver is focused around Jennifer and was very well made. The PSX ver has bits of the same story retold with more characters and in 3D. Smile I had Clock tower on SFC back in the day but never played much of it. It wasn't until the PS ver came out that I actually went back and played it again.

Also they released the SNES ver on PS as well. It's worth horror fans time and is, despite being 2D is still scary to this day. There are close ups and insta deaths. It was quite the feat. I love the SNES version but the PSX ver is probably the best. getting all the endings was a riot. Part two was somewhat scary but not executed very well. It lost a lost of what made the first 2 great. The science labs and too much explanation ruins horror games. Part three was really different. Didn't really feel like a clock tower game.

I love perverted games and anime but Clock tower 3 focused too much on the perversion of Alyssa and less about the game. As a stand alone game it was good in it's own right but without the definitive Scissor man story, it was a boss rush mode.

I think Haunting Ground /Demento did Clock Tower better than Clock Tower 3 did it.

I can't wait for screenshots of the new game. I still have faith in the brand.

Fedora-san wrote:
Well it wouldn't really matter since the game never came out in America.
That should never hold anyone back from enjoying something they love. I completed Seiken Densetsu 3, Final Fantasy V, and Bahamut Lagoon long before they ever localized. Actions on screen speak louder than text. The worst parts of Square games are figuring out the trigger points to continue. The Day and night cycles in SD3 were especially a bitch.

Fedora-san wrote:
I'm hoping this is more like the first two games rather than the third. The emphasis on scissors would suggest as such since Scissorman was just a minor character in the third game and more like Kefka with a pair of swords than a mutated child serial killer.
The scissor twins were sad and disappointing compared the the Scissor man persona of the earlier games. It just didn't work. The horror aspect was lost regardless when you get that limited arrow power.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1