• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] Company Duplicates: Studio Biho, Bihou, Bihou Inc...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
We have entries for Studio Biho (#3191), Studio Bihou (#524), Bihou, Inc. (#5077), Biho Co., Ltd. (#950) and SON-MY VIETNAM (#8549). The last may be a separate Vietnam branch.

All of the entries link to the same website and have similar background art credits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
There are Studio Bihoh, Biho Digital Works, and Bihou Thailand as well. The first one looks like just another spelling variant; the latter two are likely to be subsidiaries.

Apparently they took off "Studio" prefix sometime after 2002. With no official English title other than "Bihou, Inc." found in Japanese Wikipedia (before being taken off in August 2009), I'd use #5077 as the main title unless there's evidence indicating otherwise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Bihou Thailand and Biho Digital Works are still segregated. Or is that intentional?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
Bihou Thailand and Biho Digital Works are still segregated. Or is that intentional?

Intentional. Unfortunately we don't have company relationship trees similar to "sequel of," "adapted from," etc., yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1