• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you watching right now? Why? (please read 1st post)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spawn29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I finally started Kaiji and I'm at episode 4 so far. This show is really awesome so far and each episode made me want to see what happens next. Hard to believe this show is nearly 10 years old (I didn't know what it was until March 2013 when I saw a trailer for the live action adaption of the manga) because the animation still looks good (expect for the CG).

I can't wait to watch the rest of season one and season two soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Can someone suggest a good new series??
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
#867747 wrote:
Can someone suggest a good new series??

Without knowing your tastes or whatever anime you've already seen so as to not suggest those? Not really. I could recommend Cowboy Bebop or Fullmetal Alchemist. Maybe Death Note or One Punch Man. Have you heard of this lesser-known series, Attack on Titan?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Hey, but those aren't new! Laughing
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I started watching My Love Story!!, 4 episodes in. It seems charming so far. Takeo is a pretty fun character. He is goofy and kind, but also won't shy away from punching bad guys in the face. Suna started off as a really boring dude, but he seems to really care about Takeo so he is starting grow on me. Still seems like he is a bit dead inside though. Yamato is an angel. Her purity and cuteness levels probably reach past exosphere. She is not a particularly interesting character though so while her cuteness is close to melting me right now, I fear that I'll eventually get tired of it. Otherwise the show is occasionally a bit funny, but it hasn't made me really laugh out loud yet.

When Takeo and Yamato are put side by side, the size difference is a bit distracting even. Things like this and that pop into my head for some reason.... Yeah, uhh.. sorry.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Quote:
When Takeo and Yamato are put side by side, the size difference is a bit distracting even.

Such differences do work out in real life. My niece is 4' 11" and her husband is close to 6'. They have two rather large boys. The human body is designed to handle a "variety" of options.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:43 am Reply with quote
No doubt it can work out. Just there might be some minor inconveniences. Yamato can probably just barely reach Takeo's head. Or sometimes I'm not sure if she can even do that.
Lavenia Leddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
I am currently watching the last season of Uta-Pri, because come on, all that fan service, pretty boys singing pretty songs Laughing I also want to watch the newest season of Natsume's book of friends, because that series is a masterpiece Embarassed I mean, have you seen Nyanko-sensei?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:31 am Reply with quote
Not exactly Anime but there is a YouTube channel where anime girl plays video games.
Basically a YouTube version of Waifu.
I think this one is pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNsTcC130zI
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Been watching another 2016 show New Game: its a very cute comedy perhaps something like The Office meets K-On!, I am watching it from Digibro's recommendations. He has very good taste in anime. Besides that I am also watching the second season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Pretty good stuff containing the charm of JoJo's over the top style although I am finding the concept of "stands" to be rather silly (the skill used in the first season was better IMO).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed New Game as well. I'm pretty sure I remember some recent announcment that there will be a second season, yee-haw. I'm already on record as saying JoJo's is god-like. It took me a bit to get used to the whole "Stands" thing too, but once I did, I really came to appreciate the conceit.
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
Been watching another 2016 show New Game: its a very cute comedy perhaps something like The Office meets K-On!, I am watching it from Digibro's recommendations. He has very good taste in anime. Besides that I am also watching the second season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Pretty good stuff containing the charm of JoJo's over the top style although I am finding the concept of "stands" to be rather silly (the skill used in the first season was better IMO).

It takes some getting used to because, in my opinion, Araki was too abrupt in how Stands overtook Hamon. He should have had Stands slowly fade into memory rather than forgetting about it almost entirely between the final chapter of Battle Tendency and the first chapter of Stardust Crusaders. Either way, I think you'll find that Stands are the better shounen superpower in the end. If the second half of Part 3 doesn't win you over on them, Diamond is Unbreakable definitely will.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Progress Report:

Wanted to watch something, but ended up caving in to watching Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir instead. Expect my next recap of Ouran to be Tuesday at the earliest, because tomorrow I'm going to Disneyland (President's Day didn't work out), and the next morning, I'll be at the dentist for my toothache. Sorry guys. Later.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:13 pm Reply with quote
How long have you been dealing with that toothache? Glad to hear some relief is on the way!
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
How long have you been dealing with that toothache? Glad to hear some relief is on the way!

Too long for my taste. -__-

Anyway, what anime have you been watching lately?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 966 of 1062