• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you watching right now? Why? (please read 1st post)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Not making fun of you, just don't want you to miss a really great series just because they made it more complicated than necessary.

Haha, that wasn't directed at you. Alan45. Anime hyper

Blood is right; I meant louis but I'm not offended; we make fun of each other all the time. Razz

Since I'm already 5/7s of the way into KnK, it'd be silly to not finish it...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:49 pm Reply with quote
@Chiibi

Just being cautious. Laughing There is an episode after the seventh movie and a sequel.

I'm currently watching The Mystic Archives of Dantalian. I started the day before the review was posted. I still have a couple of episodes to go. So far I can't argue with Rebecca's assessment. I am enjoying it. They have not yet indicated just what Dalian is and apparently will not in the anime. I did pick up a very quick comment where she said something to the effect of spoiler[enjoying the results of the development of printing] so apparently she is not as young as she looks.
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Chiibi

Just being cautious. Laughing There is an episode after the seventh movie and a sequel.

I'm currently watching The Mystic Archives of Dantalian. I started the day before the review was posted. I still have a couple of episodes to go. So far I can't argue with Rebecca's assessment. I am enjoying it. They have not yet indicated just what Dalian is and apparently will not in the anime. I did pick up a very quick comment where she said something to the effect of spoiler[enjoying the results of the development of printing] so apparently she is not as young as she looks.

The epilogue movie is totally worthless. The few shorter additions are neat though. Like Shiki's third personality (who may or may not be God), and things like Shiki taking care of a cat are cute. I just didn't need a whole movie.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:

I remember it as a show that I quite enjoyed, especially stylistically, and it ended up largely forgotten. And with Dalian it was kind of a point that she is far from a child she may look.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Today I finally got around to finishing Charlotte. The show features people who possess special abilities that set them apart from the norm. The use of these special abilities made some very funny and thrilling moments, but also made some sad and even tragic moments. Although the ending left a few questions unanswered, I had serious fun watching Charlotte. Smile
louis6578

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Today I finally got around to finishing Charlotte. The show features people who possess special abilities that set them apart from the norm. The use of these special abilities made some very funny and thrilling moments, but also made some sad and even tragic moments. Although the ending left a few questions unanswered, I had serious fun watching Charlotte. Smile

I still think it's the worst thing that Jun Maeda had a hand in... but on its own, it's still better than things like Fushigi Yuugi and Future Diary. I guess... I rate it Decent.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:17 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Alan45 wrote:

I remember it as a show that I quite enjoyed, especially stylistically, and it ended up largely forgotten. And with Dalian it was kind of a point that she is far from a child she may look.

I remember when it came out and I just shrugged it off as a Gosick clone. Maybe it isn't?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:13 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

I still think it's the worst thing that Jun Maeda had a hand in... but on its own, it's still better than things like Fushigi Yuugi and Future Diary. I guess... I rate it Decent.

NUH-UH. Little Busters is waaay more mediocre; especially in the animation department and character development.

....then there's Kanon 2002. Laughing
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
....then there's Kanon 2002. Laughing

I wonder what Kanon looked like in 2002...
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:28 pm Reply with quote
TERRIBLE!! :'D Google it!

(for the record, I have both of the Charlotte blurays and autographed poster by the staff; I think it's safe to call myself a fan Anime hyper)

The series was a giant hit in Japan. They made so much merch, even of Yuu, a male character, so that's kinda rare. Shocked (he's best character tho)
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
^
Just had a look at the images...and boy, are they bad. The abnormally-shaped faces look really jarring. Thank goodness the much-better 2006 Edition of Kanon was twice longer than the original.
peter007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm watching Fushigi Yugi too.Its one of the best I've ever seen.
HematomaDiseases

Last edited by peter007 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
louis6578

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
peter007 wrote:
I'm watching Fushigi Yugi too.Its one of the best I've ever seen.

Really? How interesting! Please continue to elaborate. I wanna know every detail of your experience.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Thank goodness the much-better 2006 Edition of Kanon was
twice longer than the original.

We do not speak of the pre-Kyoani Kanon adaption in these quarters. Moe connoisseurs rightfully discard it! You could say that such a thing is...

...extracanonical.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I think that the 2002 and 2006 comparison of Kanon is a way of showing true moe and cute stuff is not something that can be lazily made.

Cam0 wrote:
I remember when it came out and I just shrugged it off as a Gosick clone. Maybe it isn't?

The odd thing is that I have never really been a big fan of Gosick, I am usually into that sort of thing but I never quite forgave the tsundere element in that as much, and that in a lot of ways it was the same old sort of thing. You can watch the OP of The Mystic Archives of Dantalian and see that it has a little of extra class, and the main character, Huey, in my opinion is a pretty cool guy (adult) who can match the goth loli of the female lead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 974 of 1062