• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Solicitations (Crunchyroll Solicitations: June 2022 & beyond)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
One Piece Collection: Box Two - Episodes 104-205 (Amazon Exclusive)
- MSRP: $99.98
- Release date: February 3, 2015.

New release date is February 17, 2015.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
via FUNimation Shop & TRSI:

.hack//Roots: Complete Collection - 650 minutes - $39.98 - 5/19/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=103269
Quote:
Special Features: Promo Video, TV Spots, DVD Release Announcements, Textless Opening Song ''Silly-Go-Round'', Textless Closing Song ''Boukoku Kakusei Catharsis'', Trailers

Bubblegum Crisis - Tokyo 2040: Complete Collection (Anime Classics) [Repackage] - 650 minutes - $39.98 - 5/19/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=103270
Quote:
Special Features: Textless Songs, Trailers

Darker Than Black: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) (Premium Edition) - 625 minutes - $99.98 - 5/12/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=103264
Quote:
Special Features: Complete First Season on Blu-ray, Specialty ''classified'' packaging, 48-page art book, Display easel, Episode Commentaries, Cast Auditions, Production Artwork, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Darker Than Black: Season 2 + OVAs Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Anime Classics) - 400 minutes - $49.98 - 5/12/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=103263
Quote:
Special Features: Actor and Staff Commentaries, Textless Songs, Trailers

Michiko & Hatchin: Complete Collection (DVD) (S.A.V.E. Edition) - 550 minutes - $34.98 - 5/12/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=103268
Quote:
Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Michiko: The Woman Behind It All, Hatchin: The Girl We Love, Unveiling Press Conference, Special Interview, Live Action Promo Video, Anime Promo Video, Original Commercials, Textless Opening and Ending Songs

Michiko & Hatchin: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (S.A.V.E. Edition) - 550 minutes - $39.98 - 5/12/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=103267
Quote:
Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Michiko: The Woman Behind It All, Hatchin: The Girl We Love, Unveiling Press Conference, Special Interview, Live Action Promo Video, Anime Promo Video, Original Commercials, Textless Opening and Ending Songs

PUCHIM@S! Petit iDOLM@STER: Season 1 + OVAs Collection - 111 minutes - $19.98 - 5/19/15 [sub only]
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=100598
Quote:
Includes eps 1 - 23, 3 OVAs.

Special Features: Textless Closings, Trailers

PUCHIM@S! Petit iDOLM@STER: Season 2 Collection - ??? minutes - $19.98 - 5/19/15 [sub only]
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=103271
Quote:
Includes eps 24 - 64

Solty Rei: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition) [Repackage] - 615 minutes - $19.98 - 5/5/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=103262
Quote:
Special Features: Textless Songs, Trailers

Last edited by WTK on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Tokyo Ravens, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 3/17/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=100600
Quote:
Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Video Commentary, Kon Explains it All! #1 & 2, Textless Opening Song ''X-encounter'', Textless Closing Song ''Kimi ga emu yuugure'', Trailers

Tokyo Ravens, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 300 minutes - $69.98 - 3/17/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=100601
Quote:
Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Video Commentary, Kon Explains it All! #1 & 2, Textless Opening Song ''X-encounter'', Textless Closing Song ''Kimi ga emu yuugure'', Trailers

Release date is now April 7, 2015.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I ended up pre-ordering the Darker than Black BD set because I am interested in the discs (and the booklet could be nice). I suspect Funimation is going to use abominable-sized packaging that I will hate, but for $60 (at TRSi), the double dip is worth it.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I have mixed feelings about the Darker than Black first season Bluray.

The presence of an easel strongly suggest that they will issue it in one of those stupid cases the size of a vinyl album. Pointless and difficult to shelve. It also ignores that fact that the existing season 2 combo pack is designed to hold the first season.

They also do not mention if they will include the previous on disk extras. Which included cast auditions, six episodes of commentary, production artwork and textless opening and endings songs. Since they indicate a total of 3 minutes of extras this is doubtful. Of course, I don't remember the on disk extras so they may not be much of a loss.

On the other hand, the price is good currently. It also occurs to me that the two slim pack cases for the existing DVD version could be repurposed to hold the Bluray version instead. That way the oversize case can be thrown away, given away or put in deep storage depending on the impulse of the moment. At 5000 copies, the LE is unlikely to sell out in preorder. It is more like a good estimate of what they can sell as a double dip, but you never know. I may have to preorder this thing.
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
They will more than likely eventually release a stand alone blu ray afterwards. If people dont want this, dont buy it. You'll get another version eventually.

Me? Pre-order day one.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:47 am Reply with quote
Goodie, I wanted to get Michiko & Hatchin! But why isn't it a damn combo pack? And I won't accept the "two cour" thing, Shakugan no Shana seasons are both combo SAVEs and two-cour, what if I want to lend it to my friend? I can't, because I have a PS3 and she has a 360 and no stand-alone blu-ray player (it's why I bought Legend of Korra on DVD for her as an xmas gift instead of just lending her mine because I bought Blu-ray). Also, why is the SAVE blu-ray $40? So far, they've been $35 at most.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
They will more than likely eventually release a stand alone blu ray afterwards. If people don't want this, don't buy it. You'll get another version eventually.

I am not so sure about that. Like Alan45 says, 5000 units is probably an estimate on how many total copies they think they will be able to sell. If this LE does not sell out, a reprint is very unlikely.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Also, why is the SAVE blu-ray $40? So far, they've been $35 at most.

Maybe I'm missing something, but its $30 on Funi's site and on TRS with the Funi sale the BD is $24 with GA its $21.60. In a couple of months it may drop to the $17.99-19.99 range. If you're talking strictly about MSRP, it may include (at least initially) the LE artbox, since this title didn't seem to be a great seller. On the other hand, I've noticed prices overall have been slowly inching upwards in last 2-3 years which maybe a factor.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
^Yes, I'm talking about MSRP. My problem though, is that I mostly like older anime and an more likely to buy those (so I really need a Discotek sale actually), there's simply not enough in this Funi sale that I actually want to buy to make free shipping and I only go for free shipping.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
^Yes, I'm talking about MSRP.

Yea, I think prices are slowly going up in general. I'm not quite finding the same deals as I used to.
Quote:
...there's simply not enough in this Funi sale that I actually want to buy to make free shipping and I only go for free shipping.

I know where you're coming from. I'm the same and most of the time I wait till the last day of a sale to see if they have another sale overlap with it or if there will be a late announcement and pre-order that pops ups. I already have the LE of M&H and I'm vacillating whether I really want the LE of Darker than Black. I like the show, but do I like it that much? I like collecting LE's when I can, but another LE with an easel? Ugh, hopefully its an accessory for display and not the vinyl record packaging otherwise I'm not getting it. The only thing I'm really looking to pick up in this sale is the last part of Hellsing Ultimate (I'm still peeved off Funi!), so I'm hoping for maybe an overlapping viz or vertical sale for the free shipping.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I, too, like the overlapping sales. Except my comic shop gets in most all the Viz and Vertical I need, so I'd like a Discotek sale (except they might come out with more pre-orders afterwards, argh!) Because most of my anime wish list is Discotek (Orguss, Shin Mazinger Z Impact, among others), but those two titles in particular haven't been solicited yet.

On the plus side, it's a SAVE title, even not on sale, they're pretty cheap and they'll likely be in the weekly specials closer to their release date. Hell, even my local Suncoast will have it on sale the first two weeks or so.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm shocked to hear that Suncoast still exists.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I'm shocked to hear that Suncoast still exists.

Lol, well they're owned by FYE, but they kept their name. They also bought a smaller music store chain around here and let them keep their name too. On the plus side, they'll all accept FYE gift cards. The nearest actual FYE is in the god-awful to try and get in and find a parking spot Arundel Mills Mall (but omfg, they have a Medieval Times in that mall!), still that mall is always ungodly crowded, I can't imagine the crazy people who went there Black Friday
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:56 am Reply with quote
We never had a Suncoast here. The nearest was two hours south or three hours north. Now even FYE has packed up and left. For anime in brick and mortar stores we are left with the pitiful selection still remaining at Best Buy. My anime purchases are just RACS or TRSI these days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 46