• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Log Horizon 2

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
^ It's the one who belonged to the subordinate that was with Crusty and was absorbed, what's the deal with it?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
...so is nobody gonna discuss the severed arm Crusty is carrying around(and alive somehow) or are we just gonna pretend we didn't see it?

Whether or not there's a third season to explain that, the light novels are still ongoing(and are even going to be released in English by Yen Press) to get further developments on, and most likely will explain the arm too. Eventually that is, as the anime apparently caught up to the last chapter, you'll have to wait at least until new written material...
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
justsomeaccount wrote:
^ It's the one who belonged to the subordinate that was with Crusty and was absorbed, what's the deal with it?

Ah that I understand it's JUST WAIT WHY THE HELL DID IT JUST MOVE?
Normal arms don't wiggle several days after theyve been severed from their 'owners'. I just thought that was kinda an anomaly that would at least warrant some attention.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Take it as even if the arm is separated it's still in 'contact' with the original owner sort of like Buggy's power in One Piece, after all this is an MMO world where people don't even bleed or something.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
"We have people waiting for us."

Yes you do. Indeed you definitely do. Because we're greedy too.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Ah that I understand it's JUST WAIT WHY THE HELL DID IT JUST MOVE?

Because adventurers are immortal. Although it seems that switching servers does seem to be effective in keeping severed limbs from reattaching to the rest of the body.

Thinking about it, if the Faerie Rings ever get active in Yamato then it may be possible for an adventurer to be chopped limb from limb with each in a different sever. What in the world would it be like to experience that for possibly all eternity I wonder.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I saw the hand move and I thought to myself: "Did the hand just move? Where did I saw that before?"

Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Thinking about it, if the Faerie Rings ever get active in Yamato then it may be possible for an adventurer to be chopped limb from limb with each in a different sever. What in the world would it be like to experience that for possibly all eternity I wonder.

Lets hope it will not be the Faerie Rings themselves that will do the chopping, what with the changing parameters of the world. Farcasters they ain't, but do definitely hold plot potential if the author wants to go that way...

Perhaps a more important question to expand on yours, do Adventurers grow old? Smile
Via_01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
I'm glad for that, this show deserves that. Smile ...Though I do recall the disc sales weren't all that spectacular.

They weren't, but again, Log Horizon airs in a normal time slot, and those show tend to depend more on merchandise (and sometimes even rating) than disc sales.
Storm101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote
This is some kind of goverment funded studio used for educational purposes or something like that. Discs sales don't matter at all. This is a lot more popular than Phi Brain which the same studio gave three 25 episode seasons to. I'm sure season 3 will happen once they have some material.
natchu96

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:27 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
natchu96 wrote:
Via_01 wrote:
I'll miss this show.

Yeah, a third season is a big possibility. Log Horizon sells well, after all, not only the light novels, but the merchandise as well. It's also aired in a time-slot for normal humans who sleep at normal times, so that's a plus.

The only problem is that the show caught up to the original material, so we'll probably have to either wait for a while, or put up with some filler.

Caught up doesn't quite describe it . . . I think they actually started adapting future material for a while lol

The thing with the scrubs and the wyverns was vol. 8, which came out last September. Vol. 9 was actually the Kanami arc (I presume done in chronological order in the anime for the sake of continuity), which according to wikipedia actually came out on March 27 . . . you know, like yesterday. Depending on your timezone. They literally haven't published this moth incident yet.

This moth incident was already published as web novel volume... Mamare writes each ln first as web chapters and than publishes them as LN books once he finishes his web.... S3 is coming Mamare left a little message at the end that they will be back....we just have to wait for more material to come out which at this rate would be in 1 to 2 years time .

Don't most LN authors who do that end up changing bits of the story anyway when it comes out in print? It's more of a [insert number here]th draft when used like that.

I know SAO had entire scenes rewritten.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote
From what I've heard, there's some cleaned up writing in the LN, but there's not really any significant changes.

Have to note, though...
Quote:
...Demikas crying about his fiance...
Not his fiance. His wife.
tobeast777

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Favorite part of the final episode was once again Tetra, yelling "Look! Look! It's a flying Idol!" hahaha oh how I love that girl/boy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14